1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by jaykay1967, Jan 25, 2019.
First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last
  1. kenz
    I can fully stand behind this statement.
    One day perhaps, we can find our way to another Tera player.

For now, the Dethonray DTR1 Prelude and FiiO M11, will be good company till that day comes.

Even then, I can clearly say now, the Prelude is a keeper.

F700 likes this.
  2. musicday
    You are welcome to stay and never take it personally. Many people ask questions just as you do on other threads. Enjoy the music :)
    The sun is shinning in London, really nice and warm weather.

ehjie and F700 like this.
  3. F700
    Yes it's a keeper. Small size, bare-to-the-bone and intuitive UI, top sound. Why would one sell it? :)
    Yes, there always will be new gears, popular or obscure ones, to purchase or to test. Most of us here are not only chasing the dragon (that we never will catch), but we are curious. Curiosity brought me to the DTR1. I don't regret it.

4. musicday
    I don't seem to be able to update to the latest v 1.44
    Can someone explain exactly what file I have to put into the root folder? I have tried every combination, thank you.

5. duncan21
    Put the .Zip file in the root folder. Do not unzip it.

6. musicday
    Did that and other things but still doesn't want to update.

7. musicday
    Now I am busy listening to the Tera-Player and you guys were right,DTR1 music player sound above its price range and I like it but for me is frustrating now being able to update to the latest firmware.
    I will try again tomorrow, otherwise I am selling it/ send it back.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  8. F700
    Which format has your SD Card? FAT32 is mandatory. Then, put the zip.file in the root folder. Disconnect the player from your computer and switch it off. Now, by restarting it, hold power and down button for 6 or 7 seconds. It works 2 times for me already.

9. musicday
    Thank you but I did all that already.

1. SD card in update mode must be fat32 format, NOT support exfat.
    2. update.zip file must in the root directory never unzip it, dtr1 only try to find update.zip.
    3. First hold down key, then reset, hold down key 6 second, you will see a yellow progress bar.
    If failed, please check 1. and 2.

No luck, I wrote to Penon as I want to send it back.

10. HiFlight
    Any chance that your update file is corrupt? Maybe try a fresh download.

11. musicday
    The update file was sent to me by the CEO himself, so I don't think the file is corrupt.

12. Mimouille
    MusicDay, trolling DAP threads with useless contributions and posts about the Tera since 2010...I always enjoy it...NOT

13. fzman Contributor
    Make sure the upgrade zip file did not get renamed. It must be called upgrade.zip only. Cats must only have that file on it.

14. musicday
    The Tera-Player was released in 2011, in 2010 was still a prototype.

And the rest of your phrase I don't understand.

15. fzman Contributor
    I unzip the files to a small, fat32 mcirosd card. Make sure noting else is on the card, and make sure that the file name did not change-- winidows will add (xx) to the filename,to prevent conflicts with other files with the same name (e.g., if you have downloaded multiple ver3sions of firmware with the same file name.....

Hope that helps.

First

Back
15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24
26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35
Next

Last