Dethonray Dtr1 Prelude high resolution player
May 30, 2019 at 2:12 AM Post #303 of 2,316
Just installed the latest firmware V 1.44. Sadly it is the last version.
I just got fw 1.42 a few days ago. Do you know the differences between 1.42 and 1.44?

May 30, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #305 of 2,316
Joining in the fun. The Prelude is one beast of a player.
And really, if you’ve heard players like A&K SP1000, 240, Sony WM1z, IBasso DX200, the Prelude carries that same “high level refinement” in its music presentation and characteristics.
The power behind this player drives the bass, mids and highs with absolute authority. Nothing sounds loose or flabby (unless with poor recording and Low grade monitors).
The staging is greater on the depth and height over width, though with some recordings the width of stage is respectable.
All these with its own unique sound which differs from the other top line players.
For USD530 (thereabouts), it’s perhaps the only player of its kind to deliver sound quality of what we hear today in the USD 4-digits pricing players. (Disclaimer: am sure there are those who would disagree, but this is entirely based on my ears and opinion)
It only does 3.5mm single ended but with this level of quality, I’m not missing my 4.4mm Balanced.

It's really a beast player, I connected to a 300ohm resistance in high gain mode, the output is awesome 6.5v . The power system is really unbelievable, like a desktop design.Then I wrote a mail to ask the designer. The answer is a good DAP should be so. I feel that's a technical team, they are not care advertising hype, just want to sell by word of mouth.Anyway, It's a good things that a new team have passion for sound quality.

May 30, 2019 at 7:08 AM Post #306 of 2,316
I can sell it for 1 million USD. Signed by me.
:o2smile::o2smile::o2smile: that's beyond perforation from my pockets, perforation of my entire life more like...

May 30, 2019 at 11:45 AM Post #307 of 2,316
Is volume such that the player can be used with sensitive IEM's and still have a reasonable amount of volume control available between minimum and low listening levels? In other words, does it have too much gain to drive sensitive phones at low listening levels.

May 30, 2019 at 12:19 PM Post #308 of 2,316
2BEB4942-4389-468E-90D1-1388C5BA5656.jpeg
Is volume such that the player can be used with sensitive IEM's and still have a reasonable amount of volume control available between minimum and low listening levels? In other words, does it have too much gain to drive sensitive phones at low listening levels.

Totally black background with my Empire Zeus R. And Empire customs are notoriously sensitive and picks up hiss easily.

May 30, 2019 at 2:20 PM Post #309 of 2,316
Yes, my Fearless S8F need very little power and hiss very easily. No problem encountered with the DTR1 in low gain, the volume control is very good. Ask for the fw 1.44 by the founder after purchase

May 30, 2019 at 6:06 PM Post #310 of 2,316
I also received the fw 1.42 from Anson. Sound remains exceptional, very detailed and dynamic, but never harsh. I am still speechless listening to my music, using a FiiO A5 amp, because my IEMs even sound better with a blacker background. The LO is great on that player. A real "tour de force". This DAP is so badass, I cannot believe it :)

Albums covers are now being displayed with fw1.42:

Now knowing where Anson comes from (in a professional perspective), I will follow him very closely. It would be great for him, and for us music lovers, if the DTR1 could sell well. For people trying to organize their music, albums and artists search options might come in the future. For the time being, I created folders on my SD card, with artists names and albums. Yes, it takes a lot of time. But then you are rewarded with a fantastic sound and a so far reliable UI.

Just a protective case is missing... maybe in a near future? :)
I have that album, too. 1 of my references since the late 80s. The Colour of Spring. How's the last track Time it's time? Full bodied? All voices rendered properly? Thanks for replying...

May 30, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #311 of 2,316
I have that album, too. 1 of my references since the late 80s. The Colour of Spring. How's the last track Time it's time? Full bodied? All voices rendered properly? Thanks for replying...
This is the FLAC 24bits/96KhZ version that I have. A reference album indeed. Mastering is perfect, the music immersive. Funny that you are mentioning the last track, it is my favorite one (that intro...). How the track is rendered depends on your IEM or headphone at first. With my setup, the whole album sounds just perfect. Yes, voices are perfectly clear and the sound is full bodied. The DTR1 knocks you down with well mastered recordings. You actually "feel" the music. You get lost in the music and forget about the time passing by.

Last edited:
May 31, 2019 at 1:02 AM Post #314 of 2,316
I love that album and spirit of eden

May 31, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #315 of 2,316
I love that album and spirit of eden
i have this one too. Again, a reference album for me. Laughing Stock as well. All 3 of 'em I equally love for substance and for sonic qualities...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back