Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jul 26, 2012 at 4:53 PM Post #721 of 903
Quote:
Denon does not even mention the new line on the US website.

Yes, they haven't exactly been forthcoming with details about timing and release.

Jul 27, 2012 at 7:39 AM Post #723 of 903
TBH they dont look that bad.... Could be better but both the D600 and D7100 are alright IMO... The other models such as the urban raver look horrible though. I did prefer the older ones though but the new ones arent too bad.

When is the release date on these I really need to try them

Jul 29, 2012 at 8:41 AM Post #725 of 903
Jul 29, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #733 of 903
Quote:
I am excited about the new Denon line, but my concern with the AH-D600 is that Denon is touting its "flat EQ".  If it is truly flat, I wouldn't want them.

I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.

While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.

Jul 29, 2012 at 7:44 PM Post #735 of 903
Quote:
I'm having the same worry, but mirrored.

While I like having a flat EQ, I don't want it to be completely analytical. I also don't want the D400's to be bass-monsters with no other strengths, considering they're advertising them as having amazing bass, not advertising much else.

It sounds like the D400 is only a bass monster with the amp on.  Unfortunately, they are 64 ohm, so they will likely need some type of amp to sound their best if not using the built-in amp or if battery dies.  Also, since the D400 is $100 less than the D600 and includes all the electronic bells and whistles, I'm thinking they cut corners on the drivers in the D400 compared to the D600.  In the video for the D400, there is no mention of the "free form" driver that is included in the Music Maniac line.  I am also not ruling out the in-ear Urban Ravers that are unamped, seem to have some new technology for extra clean bass and, one of my favorite features, a special design for a secure fit and seal.

The delays on the M-100 release are more than irritating at this point (from July 4th weekend to later in July to August 8th to.........) and Denon seems to have a set release plan, already with flagship pictures here and lots of online info available from the manufacturer on their entire line- specs, detailed descriptions, pictures and video (more action, less talk).  I have heard possible release dates of August 3rd thrown around, but I would consider any time in August reasonable based on how they have carefully (and considerately) disseminated information.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back