Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jun 4, 2012 at 8:37 PM Post #421 of 903
I have no idea who designs the drivers now, I don't think fostex is doing it anymore. If you're looking for that info, it's probably best to check D&M Holdings' website

Audio-Technica Stay updated on Audio-Technica at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.audio-technica.com/
Jun 5, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #422 of 903
I like the Denon ahd2000.......... to an extent.  It feels really constrained.  Like the music wants to expand further but it can't.  The sound is laid back but yet there is excess somewhere that pierces my ears. almost like its echo-ish.  Bass is definitely boomy  but fun with some genres. The bass doesn't sound bad but it's quick to the push once it gets the que and can't handle it allowing the bass to drown out some sounds.  What i'm getting at is that there are major flaws i have found with Denons that would be unacceptable with the newer models.  I have a feeling that the Denon mods would do wonders to this headphone especially if they can reduce the constraining sound.  Also i think adding the padding to the drivers might help quite a bit to keep the drivers from pouncing forward by weighing them down.  The highs are unacceptable to me after hearing the hd598s energetic crystally but non fatiguing highs.  Anyone know if the highs of the d7000 are any different than the d2000's

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:24 AM Post #425 of 903
Quote:
Why is everyone hating on these new headphones because they look bad? To me if they sound good then who cares? Everyone needs to stop hating/condemning these headphones before they have even auditioned them! I won't care if you talk trash about these headphones AFTER you have gave them a listen and you didn't like them but seriously people? Like Jude pointed out everyone was whining about how the HD800's looked and condemned them etc. etc. but after they were released and people got their hands on them and actually gave them a try a lot of them actually loved them and the look of the headphones grew on them . . . and now what do you know? The HD800's are actually a really well liked pair of headphones among a LOT of head-fiers and audiophiles in general. In my opinion sound should ALWAYS come before aesthetics people.

EDIT: I for one would be VERY interested in these headphones IF I heard good things about sound quality, build quality etc. from fellow head-fiers.

Thing is... the HD800 are still ugly. May sound amazing, but designwise they're still a joke as far as I'm concerned. And while these Denon's aren't as horribly looking as the HD800, they're a clear step backwards when it comes to design. Once again this is all my opinion on the matter, however I doubt I'm alone in thinking so :) Personally I'll try getting a hold of a pair of D7000's, which is still one of my all-time favorites.

Jun 5, 2012 at 6:18 AM Post #426 of 903
Quote:

.............The D7100 will have a 360 degree ball-joint pivot and memory foam. It should be very comfortable and seal much better than the d7000. The odd shape of the cups is made to fit most peoples' jaw-lines as naturally as possible. And he also told me the d7100 he tried were about 85% ready, still needed to get "professional final tuning", yet; it still sounded better than the D7000.

We'll see in the next few months!

Three things about the seal. I need to try these out.

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #427 of 903
This really stinks...i bought my AH-7000 a few months ago, and now just read this from Steve Guttenberg (CNET)

Quote:
The Denon AH-D7100 full-size, over-the-ear headphones were simply stunning. Super comfortable, and the sound was seriously transparent. I've reviewed some of the best Denon headphones over the years, but the AH-D7100 was vastly better-sounding. Oh, it's also the most expensive set of Denon headphones ever ($1,200), but the $500 AH-D600s were also terrific, and better than the older, more expensive Denon headphones I've tried. The headphones were "98 percent" finished designs, so production units may be slightly different.

So a lesser model is now better than a flagship i paid more for a few months ago..
.how is life fair?

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:45 PM Post #428 of 903
This really stinks...i bought my AH-7000 a few months ago, and now just read this from Steve Guttenberg (CNET)

So a lesser model is now better than a flagship i paid more for a few months ago..
.how is life fair?

He's talking about the D5000s, and his views are subjective. I like Steve, and I read his reviews, but he does tend to get caught up in "new headphone hype" more than some. Don't sweat it, the newer D5000 and 7000 examples (made in the last 18 months or so) are very, very impressive cans, by measurement and by ear.

Jun 5, 2012 at 1:58 PM Post #429 of 903
Quote:
He's talking about the D5000s, and his views are subjective. I like Steve, and I read his reviews, but he does tend to get caught up in "new headphone hype" more than some. Don't sweat it, the newer D5000 and 7000 examples (made in the last 18 months or so) are very, very impressive cans, by measurement and by ear.

I agree, and the whole point of the denons is the fun aspect, I wonder if these will still have it.

And then there is still the LA mods

Jun 5, 2012 at 4:40 PM Post #431 of 903
Denon went from elegant to gawdy... why? I understand that they're trying something new but anyone with eyes have got to see how ugly those look IMO, especially in comparison to what they've had in the past and more importantly, what's out there right now. I mean you can be stylish, hip and elegant at the same time (eg: V-MODA). Seems like the design team didn't research enough. I do hope these cans sound better than they look, and I hope they isolate too for that matter. Have there been any impressions at all yet? I wish I was excited for these new cans (since I've been waiting for a truly portable Denon line of headphones) but man oh man lol. I hope they look better in person. 

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #432 of 903
I think that Denon must have noticed all of the headphone market share that Monster has been gaining, and they said to themselves that they could make a product that looked just as gaudy modern but sounded better. Just my 2¢.

Jun 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #434 of 903
Quote:
I think that Denon must have noticed all of the headphone market share that Monster has been gaining, and they said to themselves that they could make a product that looked just as gaudy modern but sounded better. Just my 2¢.

I saw where they were going when it came to them styling something similar to the Beats... but the color schemes. Knobs sticking out of the ear cups. *shakes head* I do hope they sound better. Again this is all just my opinion.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back