Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
Jun 3, 2012 at 2:15 AM Post #377 of 903
OK let's look at this way, I'm glad if the looks is what gets these to NOT sell, so Denons have to start pushing the price down further and then we get exceptionally good sound for the price. :p I'm all for the sound myself as I only keep listening from the home where I couldn't care less if the headphones looked like the cute pink "Hello Kitty" headphones or whatever haha.

Jun 3, 2012 at 3:22 AM Post #378 of 903
I really need to go to a head fi meat.  The closest one is over 8 hours away from my little northwestern pennsylvania town.    heeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelp meeeeeeeeeeeee!

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #379 of 903
Prepare to have your minds blown, ladies and gentlemen. Behold! Corn!

At $1200? You mean both of them? Hmmm... better than the T5p and the Signature Pro? Not really tough competition, I'm afraid.

:p

OK let's look at this way, I'm glad if the looks is what gets these to NOT sell, so Denons have to start pushing the price down further and then we get exceptionally good sound for the price. :p I'm all for the sound myself as I only keep listening from the home where I couldn't care less if the headphones looked like the cute pink "Hello Kitty" headphones or whatever haha.

Oh how I miss Patrick's Hello Kity absurdities. They were perfect for times like this. :D

Anyways, I think it's absolutely hilarious that the Beats Studio have so fully informed the schemata of headphonedom.

Jun 3, 2012 at 10:56 AM Post #381 of 903
Quote:
At $1200? You mean both of them? Hmmm... better than the T5p and the Signature Pro? Not really tough competition, I'm afraid.

Actually the Signature Pro is a really good headphone. It's similar to the TH900 in terms of balance, though not quite as refined, which nevertheless makes it the best fully isolating full-sized headphone on the market in my humble opinion.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM Post #382 of 903
Wow. A lot of hate in this thread. I love my D7000s and although i was initially taken aback with the cups being covered, i dont think it's necessarily a bad idea since i have a few scratches on my D7000s. Hopefully there is a noticeable improvement in SQ for the price being quoted.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:22 AM Post #385 of 903

Good move!! The d5k is an incredible hp and value right now that it is d/c. 

My D2k just have something my D7k dont... been thinking of getting the D5k aswell. Or I may not sell my D2k, considering I still haven't received payment. But I haveto admit the D7100 Artisan has grown on me, I quite like it, but the rest are ugly, the IEM's aren't bad though.

Jun 3, 2012 at 11:28 AM Post #386 of 903
Thanks. For $400 I'm quite happy with my move. I believe they're "fun" headphones and it's a good step away from my cool but lazy HD650s that I use for jazz, classical, voices, acoustic...

The D5K will be for everything including rock and more aggressive stuff. And my ATH-M50s will be for recording.

I can't wait to plug the D5K behind my LD MK IV SE...

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:30 PM Post #387 of 903
Quote:
Thanks. For $400 I'm quite happy with my move. I believe they're "fun" headphones and it's a good step away from my cool but lazy HD650s that I use for jazz, classical, voices, acoustic...

The D5K will be for everything including rock and more aggressive stuff. And my ATH-M50s will be for recording.

I can't wait to plug the D5K behind my LD MK IV SE...

err, the D5k is the smoothes out the lot? and the denons have always been known to be more relaxed and smooth and euphoric. They are definitely not aggressive, very far from it.

Jun 3, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #388 of 903
Err indeed... OK...
blink.gif

I believe they'll be faster than the HD650s though.

With everything I've read I have to give them a try. I need closed cans for when the lady doesn't want to hear the music in the background. Let's see what happens.

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:33 PM Post #389 of 903
Actually the Signature Pro is a really good headphone. It's similar to the TH900 in terms of balance, though not quite as refined, which nevertheless makes it the best fully isolating full-sized headphone on the market in my humble opinion.

I often discount the Signature Pro because, to my ears, it's a little bass heavy. However, you are right that it's the best of the two, by a good bit.

Jun 3, 2012 at 4:34 PM Post #390 of 903
I was "planning" to buy the Denon AH-D5000 but after seeing this thread I decided to get them right away. Done.

Great choice. Do a little pad stuffing and you're set. The last revision of the D5000 is pretty darned amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back