Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
May 30, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #181 of 903
There's just so many things that doesn't make a lot of sense:

1) If going more towards mainstream market it doesn't make sense with a ruler-flat response, a 5~7dB boost in bass (compare 10dB in Beats or 15dB in XB500) would appeal more than zero boost in bass for "mainstream" market which hears the 5~7dB boost in bass as how an audiophile would percieve Sennheiser HD800 or something, the 5~7dB is the "flat" response to them and zero bass boost sounds like bass recessed.

2) Since when did fashion inclined/hippy younger kids especially start pulling $500+ on a pair of headphones. I know it exists Detox but yea this is more of an exception due to years of "pumping" out the Beats brand which finally resulted in being able to milk out the last bit of cash of some blindfolded kids with richer parents.

3) Denon, who or what the heck is Denon? <= when asked people on the streets. Needs lots of marketing for starters to get the brand recognition of something like Beats.

4) Denon's old fanbase ("audiophile base") aren't exactly amused by the new look even if they happen to sound great, it's a bit of a "backstab" for showing huge support earlier to get treated as "sorry it's not where the money is", so much for that.

5) Too much risk on state here, it's a bit like doing an "All-in" in poker, either Denon succeeds or they'll be in great trouble if they don't manage to pull this off. 

May 30, 2012 at 5:52 PM Post #182 of 903
For me, this is fashion over function. They don't look like a serious set of hp's and look like they are geared towards a younger audience. Which is perfectly fine, but not for me. I love my d5k for the sound signature and comfort level. I just don't see me getting behind this new launch for lot's of reasons. And there's no way I'm giving up my d5k for this model. 

I believe that it was stated earlier that this should have been a launch of a new product adding to the Denon line and not a replacement of the dx000 line. I would certainly agree with that.

May 30, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #183 of 903
Anybody know if I should buy the D2000s now or should I wait? If I get the D2000s, should I bite the bullet and get them for about $300? There's nowhere that I can get them new for cheaper.

May 30, 2012 at 6:51 PM Post #186 of 903
Quote:
I like the 600 better! To me it invokes the look of an AMG series Mercedes interior.

A level of fit and finish that low is nothing like in a mercedes interior. :p  Look at that stitching on the headband and ear pads, its all irregular and nasty...and the earpads look all deformed. These headphones (at least on pictures) look cheap. Like some kind of DYI project of modding some existing cans and ruining them in the process.  They better be very light and comfortable in order to make up for the looks.

May 30, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #189 of 903
Quote:

To me it looks more like the interior of an early 70's AMC Gremlin--Levis Edition.

Well, at least we know who's supplying the ear pads. 
biggrin.gif

May 30, 2012 at 9:06 PM Post #190 of 903
There's a CNet article that actually gives them a good vote for sound quality, and of the two impressions given they're not bad headphones.

May 30, 2012 at 10:16 PM Post #194 of 903
So is there any pics of the other 3 lines? Did everyone assume Denon completely abandoned their traditional customers? I for one also like the new designs but I can see that not everyone shares the same opinion. Let's just hope Denon has kept more in the bag which I'm sure they have. Denon has always been a good quality reputable Japanese brand. I hope they introduce some less expensive models.

May 30, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #195 of 903
Quote:
There's a CNet article that actually gives them a good vote for sound quality, and of the two impressions given they're not bad headphones.

Cnet is the last place I read reviews for anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back