Denon Officially Announces Its New Headphones!
May 30, 2012 at 10:28 PM Post #196 of 903
...I just don't understand what they are thinking. It's quite obvious that the market they are targeting are the kiddies that have their parents buy them Beats (or steal them), which really doesn't make sense given their fanbase are "audiophiles".

The only reason Monster could release the Detox for such an absurd price was because they knew the kids were going to eat it up due to brand recognition; Denon doesn't have that (outside of audiophile-land).

Did they go insane after their tiff with Fostex?

May 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM Post #197 of 903
Quote:

The only reason Monster could release the Detox for such an absurd price was because they knew the kids were going to eat it up due to brand recognition; Denon doesn't have that (outside of audiophile-land).

And the Detox cans are like $400 ish...the new Denons are $1200. I hope they sound better than they look.

May 30, 2012 at 10:36 PM Post #198 of 903
Quote:
...I just don't understand what they are thinking. It's quite obvious that the market they are targeting are the kiddies that have their parents buy them Beats (or steal them), which really doesn't make sense given their fanbase are "audiophiles".

Did they go insane after their tiff with Fostex?

Kids are not the only ones that own Beats so stop saying that.

May 30, 2012 at 10:42 PM Post #201 of 903
Quote:
Whats that mean ?
Do not start a fight.

Just define the age of "kids"; basically its all relative. Never mind.
confused.gif

May 30, 2012 at 10:46 PM Post #203 of 903
Quote:
Um i don't know i just said to stop saying kids only own beats to mastershake2393 thats all.

Basically the term kids is relative. To my 8 year old daughter it means one thing, to me (I'm 40) it means anyone under 25. See my point?

May 30, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #205 of 903
Um, these look like a pair of Beats on Crack. I really thought I was looking at the lower end models, until I read the whole post. Just my 2 cents, but they are very ugly, all of them. 

Edit: To add, I really think they are trying to go too mainstream, but mainstream outnumbers audiophiles probably by a very large percentage, so hopefully they can sell their new crackphones, and use that money to make a real audiophile line. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back