Denon D2000 vs Ultrasone Pro 900: A Review and Comparison
Sep 28, 2011 at 12:35 AM Post #31 of 98
After reading your review Jibbie, it seems the Denon D2000's are EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a set of cans. Thank you very much for your well written comparison/review. Now I'm on the prowl for a good place that sells Denon stuff.

Sep 28, 2011 at 12:50 AM Post #32 of 98

It okay buddy you dont have to hide , i still like you.

Sep 28, 2011 at 1:27 AM Post #33 of 98
Glad to hear it 
smile.gif

Quote:
After reading your review Jibbie, it seems the Denon D2000's are EXACTLY what I'm looking for in a set of cans. Thank you very much for your well written comparison/review. Now I'm on the prowl for a good place that sells Denon stuff.

Sep 29, 2011 at 3:32 AM Post #35 of 98
They look gorgeous.  Mine just shipped, and will be here Tuesday.  I can't wait.  Even if they sound no better than the D2000's, I'll be happy.

Quote:
Heya,

If you love the D2000, you'll really love the D5000! Look forward to impressions, it's a warmer D2000. Absolutely gorgeous. I can listen to them all day, the treble doesn't fatigue at all, but it's still clear and detailed.

Very best,

Sep 29, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #36 of 98
Hey malveau, could you do a comparison between the D2000 and FA-011 sometime?  I'm interested to see how the bass in particular of the FA-011 stands up to the D2000 and DT990, and how its soundstage compares to the closed D2000.

The FA-011 is the next headphone I'm interested in, but I don't see enough good comparison and review threads of it.

Sep 29, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #37 of 98

Quote:
Hey malveau, could you do a comparison between the D2000 and FA-011 sometime?  I'm interested to see how the bass in particular of the FA-011 stands up to the D2000 and DT990, and how its soundstage compares to the closed D2000.

The FA-011 is the next headphone I'm interested in, but I don't see enough good comparison and review threads of it.

Heya,

Sure. I'll do a comprehensive FA-011 comparison and review soon, I'll compare it to all headphones I have and have had to sort of give an idea of what they're like from that perspective. I will say though, given the choice, the D2000 is the headphone I'd get if you wanted a closed headphone. If you wanted an open headphone, I'd immediately suggest the FA-011, it's that good, and it's so inexpensive for what you get. And oh the style... Anyhow, I'll get on that soon, exams right now so a little less opportunity to push forward on multi-page reviews for the moment. But it will be done!

Very best,

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:17 PM Post #38 of 98

Quote:
Heya,

Sure. I'll do a comprehensive FA-011 comparison and review soon, I'll compare it to all headphones I have and have had to sort of give an idea of what they're like from that perspective. I will say though, given the choice, the D2000 is the headphone I'd get if you wanted a closed headphone. If you wanted an open headphone, I'd immediately suggest the FA-011, it's that good, and it's so inexpensive for what you get. And oh the style... Anyhow, I'll get on that soon, exams right now so a little less opportunity to push forward on multi-page reviews for the moment. But it will be done!
Very best,

Well mainly what I'm wondering is if the raw bass quantity and extension of the FA-011 can come close to the D2000's.  The DT990 sure can't.

Sep 29, 2011 at 12:38 PM Post #39 of 98

Quote:
Well mainly what I'm wondering is if the raw bass quantity and extension of the FA-011 can come close to the D2000's.  The DT990 sure can't.

Heya,

Few open headphones really hit the bass of the D2000 though. Even my HD650's don't sound like the D2000's in the bass department (though I don't really consider HD650's to be all that bassy). The DT990, HD650, and even the FA-011 do not hit the same bass as the D2000. The only open headphone I have that does bass even remotely similar to the D2000 is my HE-500. It's not that the D2000 can hit the bass, necessarily, it's more that it can do it at the same volume as upper bass, mids and treble, so it sounds balanced and right, and not bloated, but you still get to have that 30hz low tone that rustles your jimmies. The DT990 is a bunch of mid-bass. Much like all the "bassy" headphones out there. I like neutral headphones with capable sub bass. Happens to be why the D2000 is so good. It just does every thing right and is pretty flat. That's a lot more like what a high end sounds like (flat).

Very best,

Sep 29, 2011 at 4:04 PM Post #41 of 98
Aw that's too bad.  :frowning2:

Guess I'll eventually have to get an orthodynamic.  All I really ask for in life is flat down to sub-bass region and open-canned.  But if it gives more sub-bass than the DT990 then it's still worth a shot.

Oct 1, 2011 at 10:23 PM Post #42 of 98
It will definitely give you more subbass than the DT990.  For a closed can, its soundstage is rather wide and airy as well, so hopefully it won't disappoint in that regard.  D5000s get here on Tuesday, I'll post impressions then.

Quote:
Aw that's too bad.  :frowning2:

Guess I'll eventually have to get an orthodynamic.  All I really ask for in life is flat down to sub-bass region and open-canned.  But if it gives more sub-bass than the DT990 then it's still worth a shot.

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:20 PM Post #43 of 98
Can anyone post their experience with the D2000 for sound isolation? I'm deciding between Denon NC800 and D2000. It seems the D2000 has better sound quality especially bass, but I do need at least decent sound isolation for loud coffee shops and plane rides.

Oct 1, 2011 at 11:23 PM Post #44 of 98
The D2000 will provide nearly zero isolation in an environment such as a plane.  It might as well be an open headphone in that regard.  I listen at my computer, and if music isn't playing, I can easily hear my case fans.  

Oct 4, 2011 at 9:13 PM Post #45 of 98
D5000 have arrived.  Based off of VERY brief impressions, vocals are quite a step up over the D2000; very haunting.  Bass is also slightly boosted over the D2000, just enough to add some extra sub-bass boom.  Soundstage isn't any bigger, but still very impressive and image specificity might be even better.  Zero fatigue from these as well.  Bass and forward vocals are never harsh, and treble is very, very extended but never sibilant.  

I love 'em.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back