Denon D2000 vs D7000
Aug 2, 2011 at 4:49 PM Post #16 of 27
Cool, I lived in Beeston at Uni and went to the Asda and Tesco in Long Eaton a few times! lol

Anyway, back on topic. I've not heard the D2000, but I've always read opinions that it had more bass, more recessed mids and brighter highs than the D7000.

I do think it takes time to be able to distinguish differences between similar sounding cans though. For a while I thought my Pro900 and D7000 sounded the same, but now I'm more able to notice the differences.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:06 PM Post #18 of 27
while I have never heard the d2000. I have heard the d5000 and own the d7000. I noticed a difference fairly qiuckly even driven by a cmoy. The D5000 had more "fun" bass as it was just intense. the d7000 hit lower tho and didnt bleed into the other areas the same. it seemed to have a more recessed mids but gave me more depth and betting imaging.

play a movie soundtrack like the dark knight and when it slams in transition youll know the difference. its all personal preference.

Aug 2, 2011 at 5:12 PM Post #19 of 27
Since OP and Croozer have the exact same equipment why don't you both list the pros and cons and explain the differences?

I got a great deal on some D7K's so I picked up a pair, I was hoping that the difference would not be huge so I could continue jamming to my D2K's and sell the D7K's but when I did a A/B comparison the D7K's were much better than the D2K.

Cleaner highs.
Tighter bass.
Larger soundstage.
All around just a more musical headphone (which it should be).

I even had a female friend who knew nothing about headphones give them a listen and she chose the D7K every time.

Needless to say the D2K's were on the auction block that evening, now I don't know the OP's hearing history so if the D2K's work for him more power to him.

But I heard a big difference which justified the upgrade.

Aug 2, 2011 at 11:39 PM Post #20 of 27
Ya know... I'm going to have to go with the 'sell the D7k' vote.
Really, if you can't tell the difference, the looks and such seem almost irrelevant. They would be to me, anyway... 'cause it's all about the sound. (OK, 98% about the sound 
wink_face.gif
).

But, before you do... let them both break-in a bit, then listen to various types of music and A/B them as best as you can.

If you can, borrow some higher-end equipment to test them on. Because another way to look at it is that if you upgrade your rig, it may allow you to appreciate the difference more fully, and you might want to keep the D7k for now and later.

good luck.

Aug 3, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #23 of 27
Yeah half the reason I'm keeping my D7000s after getting the T1s is because they look so **** suave

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:36 AM Post #24 of 27
I knew someone that couldn't tell the difference between the HD555 and D2000. When I heard them say that, I went back for a comparison. The differences weren't as big as I had remembered! I would have to guess that since you're new to this high-end audio gear, your ears haven't been "trained" to pick up on sometimes subtle differences. It's the subtle differences that, somehow, make a big difference at times!

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:50 AM Post #25 of 27
Everyone does not have the same auditory acuity so I can see how people rate headphones differently.

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:51 PM Post #26 of 27

Quote:
Everyone does not have the same auditory acuity so I can see how people rate headphones differently.

This. 

How your ears hear is more important than your source, amp, or headphone.  If you can't tell a difference, sell them things.  There's an awful lot you can do with that money.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back