Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jan 6, 2013 at 10:17 PM Post #2,448 of 5,248
Quote:
Anyone here dealt with lawton audio lately? Ordered some pads about a week or two before christmas and they still arent here yet. 

Lately i inquired about some wood cups he did not have them and eta was about 3-
4 months last year had my d5000 done, the mod, ear pads, and the cups when it was said and done it took 6 months 6 MONTHS ..Hope you get them soon.

Jan 7, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #2,449 of 5,248
So I have heard the dennon d2k when I was looking at $300 highend dj headphones. And listen to the d7k, and 3000anv when I was looking for a highend woodie. I really wanted to try out thunderpants but kinda gaveup. I found the 3000anv. to be the winner but not by much. Thought about getting either one but didn't see too many discounts. This was around july 2012 and it seemed like all the deals had dried up. Then I stumbled upon lawton audio and read how much headphone addict liked his LA 7000's. That dude has like 18 billion posts on here so I took a chance and emailed mark. The LA 7000's were too rich for my blood but saw he had a summer sale on the LA 2000's got mine for around what a new d7k was going for. These are definitly better then a d7k and even a little better than the 3000anv. but thats going off memory. They are for sale but that's only cause I'm broke right now and I'm not lettin em go unless I get close to what I paid for them. They really are an amzing headphone and I'm workn really hard on trying to be able to afford them.

Jan 12, 2013 at 10:57 PM Post #2,451 of 5,248
Congrats on your purchase of discontinued rarity awesomeness. :) Btw guys, got Lawton Audio pads in today, they are great. Not a single flaw can be seen, and all sound has improved overall. Isolation is increased noticeably too. 

Jan 12, 2013 at 11:47 PM Post #2,452 of 5,248
Quote:
Congrats on your purchase of discontinued rarity awesomeness. :) Btw guys, got Lawton Audio pads in today, they are great. Not a single flaw can be seen, and all sound has improved overall. Isolation is increased noticeably too. 

Can you please elaborate a bit more on sound differences with Lawton pads, I've read some people complaining them adding sibilance, Tyll found them making mids grainy.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #2,454 of 5,248
Quote:

Congrats on your purchase, I really like the Lawton pads to, they are stiffer than the original pads but at the same time less sticky when on my head really comfortable .Its been about a year since i had my 5000 Marklized (MOD,CUPS,AND PADS)and still sound great not ready to change yet.

Jan 13, 2013 at 11:19 AM Post #2,455 of 5,248
Quote:
Can you please elaborate a bit more on sound differences with Lawton pads, I've read some people complaining them adding sibilance, Tyll found them making mids grainy.

Im no expert but about sibilance i would think  that depends on quality of recording because i dont experience that effect all the time!

Jan 13, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #2,456 of 5,248
To be honest im not a big complainer of sibilance, I dont have many tracks with it in them in the first place; and I like the fun V shaped sound of the denons. Ill elaborate more on the differences soon when ive had the time to do a critical listening comparison. (Next week or so) And yes the pads are stiffer, yet ive noticed no loss of comfort for long time periods, actually for me they are more comfy. Very hard to believe, but I have large goofy ears that kind of stick out, so over say 3+ hours the old pads hurt, these have larger holes, with more room inside, and makes them perfect. 

Jan 13, 2013 at 9:24 PM Post #2,457 of 5,248
Quote:
To be honest im not a big complainer of sibilance, I dont have many tracks with it in them in the first place; and I like the fun V shaped sound of the denons. Ill elaborate more on the differences soon when ive had the time to do a critical listening comparison. (Next week or so) And yes the pads are stiffer, yet ive noticed no loss of comfort for long time periods, actually for me they are more comfy. Very hard to believe, but I have large goofy ears that kind of stick out, so over say 3+ hours the old pads hurt, these have larger holes, with more room inside, and makes them perfect. 

Looking forward to it.
I've just completed full (spare dynamat on front of the drivers) MarkL mod on D5000, wow, this baby can sing. Couldn't stand that flabby, bloated bass before, now it hits very hard and very tight, and finally some details in mids. Wondering if there is more room for improvement with angle pads.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back