Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Apr 15, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #2,012 of 5,248
Alright I've made my decision I'm going to stick with the E11 and upgrade to Desktop AMP/DAC when the time comes for another upgrade. Thanks guys!

Apr 15, 2012 at 8:01 PM Post #2,014 of 5,248
hello there! I use the denon d5000 in combination with the aune mk2 now since three days.
last month, I already had a denon d2000 with a FiiO e10. I was thrilled. But sent them back. I thought that the d5000 should sound a little bit better than a d2000 and i decided to wait. Now i got it and it seems to be like the aune takes the bass away of the denon. i turned on the bass over windows features. but this takes the ups and downs.Now once again i ordered the FiiO e10 and d2000. i want to compare them all. is there someone whis bad expirience with aune mk2 + denon ? thinkin about to order a yulong u100.

Apr 16, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #2,019 of 5,248
Just get a neutral ss amp with low enough distortion across the board and you'll be OK.  In my opinion the denons benefit more from and upgraded dac than an upgraded amp, they are easy to drive.  I drive mine with an E9 and I couldn't be happier.  Some people are happy using portable amplifiers for the denons.   

The list of usable amps for the denons is very long, if you have a few choices in mind maybe we can advise you from there. 

Apr 16, 2012 at 11:47 AM Post #2,021 of 5,248

Quote:
Just get a neutral ss amp with low enough distortion across the board and you'll be OK.  In my opinion the denons benefit more from and upgraded dac than an upgraded amp, they are easy to drive.  I drive mine with an E9 and I couldn't be happier.  Some people are happy using portable amplifiers for the denons.   

The list of usable amps for the denons is very long, if you have a few choices in mind maybe we can advise you from there. 

Thank you for your answer. I want a suitable DAC for 50% games and 50% music and movies. My budget max 200 € (im from europe)

My narrower choices:

Yulong u100
Aune MK2 (I)
Aune X1
FiiO E17
FiiO E10
FiiO E7 + E9

Yulongs delivery takes two weeks from China :frowning2: Aune too.

I attach great importance to neutrality. But its known that the Denon headphones are a bit bass-heavy. That's why I'm confused. Aune -> low bass..
Battlefield 3 with no bass at exploding tanks? No thanks ^^

Apr 16, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #2,023 of 5,248
OMG!

D2K's + wooden D5k cups - done.
This looks so sexy.

SQ wise:
-bass has tightened up a lil - better rumble YUMMY!
-sound more "open" - I guess that's the difference between the wood vs plastic cups
-lil more sparkle
-bit too sharp in then highs - might need to tone these down

I'm IN LOVE - just by looking at it.
And what was the cost?
$50 and some drilling for 10mins (experimenting and all)

I bought the d5k cups mainly/only for the look.
And now they have brought a little different SQ

Overall I'm very happy. They look to DIE FOR!

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:13 PM Post #2,024 of 5,248
OMG!

D2K's + wooden D5k cups - done.
This looks so sexy.

SQ wise:
-bass has tightened up a lil - better rumble YUMMY!
-sound more "open" - I guess that's the difference between the wood vs plastic cups
-lil more sparkle
-bit too sharp in then highs - might need to tone these down

I'm IN LOVE - just by looking at it.
And what was the cost?
$50 and some drilling for 10mins (experimenting and all)

I bought the d5k cups mainly/only for the look.
And now they have brought a little different SQ

Overall I'm very happy. They look to DIE FOR!

Were your D2000 cups damped before?

Apr 16, 2012 at 2:39 PM Post #2,025 of 5,248
I really want to boy the D5000's but am having trouble finding a good price. One for sale went up on the forums but he hasn't replied as of yet

I dont know how much your budget is but electronic expo had it for 399 for quite a while now. That's the lowest price ive seen it go recently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back