Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Dec 19, 2011 at 10:10 PM Post #1,561 of 5,248
Im currently looking at their website, looks to me like $1000 for D7000. Where are you seeing these prices? 

Edit: Nvm found the open box version. Id have to be garunteed that there wasnt literally a scratch on them and have the full warranty. 

Dec 19, 2011 at 10:42 PM Post #1,562 of 5,248
I really feel bad for you guys.  These are some fantastic headphones.

I know the Denon's are known for their bass, but IMO, it's performs well with every genre I throw at it.  I'd savor to say, it's not only a pleasant "fun" headphone, but it's also fairly accurate in presenting music as it should sound.  With the right equipment, it'll present music as it's meant to sound (bass when bass is there, the kick of the drums that hit your chest, etc.)  

It has to be one of the best bang-for-your-buck purchases in the audiophile world.  I can easily "side-grade" but I think a real upgrade is going to require something special.  I'm sure there's better headphones, but is there a better headphone under $400 (D5000s on sale don't count!)?

I want to try the LCD2s next, but I'll wait until I have a more isolated listening room for open headphones.

Dec 20, 2011 at 12:53 AM Post #1,563 of 5,248

Quote:

I know the Denon's are known for their bass, but IMO, it's performs well with every genre I throw at it.  I'd savor to say, it's not only a pleasant "fun" headphone, but it's also fairly accurate in presenting music as it should sound.  With the right equipment, it'll present music as it's meant to sound (bass when bass is there, the kick of the drums that hit your chest, etc.)  

It has to be one of the best bang-for-your-buck purchases in the audiophile world...

x2.  while i've modified my D2000 and have the J$ pads, they're a great listen even stock.      

Dec 20, 2011 at 4:45 AM Post #1,564 of 5,248

Quote:

It has to be one of the best bang-for-your-buck purchases in the audiophile world.  I can easily "side-grade" but I think a real upgrade is going to require something special.  I'm sure there's better headphones, but is there a better headphone under $400 (D5000s on sale don't count!)?

I want to try the LCD2s next, but I'll wait until I have a more isolated listening room for open headphones.

Since modding my 5000s I really have no desire to upgrade in the full size segment. I'm more inclined to upgrade in the custom IEM segment (Starkey SA-43). That is how highly I think of my open-back denon 5000s. Maybe I'm not in the mood to listen to them all the time but they are clearly superior to everything I have so far and are heartlessly revealing.

Dec 20, 2011 at 2:21 PM Post #1,567 of 5,248
I tried buying from buy.com but the seller, "PowerSellerNYC" could not fulfill the order (after I already paid via PayPal).  Their service rep said, "Sorry, we oversold that item, and the only one left is damaged."   Thankfully, they did refund me the next day.  The prices I mentioned at Electronics Expo were by telephone, not their website.

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:21 PM Post #1,569 of 5,248
So few days after unpacking D2000 and Fiio e7/e9 and everything is fantastic.
The sound is great, the bass is deep, the pressure is tight around my head,,I remember reading that these were not that tight, but if that is light pressure than any tighter than that and it would be too much.
The fiio combo is great, the most I crancked up the volume was around 30%, I can't imagine listening any louder than that :)

Dec 28, 2011 at 10:44 PM Post #1,570 of 5,248
If you want, get a box that is about as wide as your head and put the headphone on them overnight.
I have the 7000's (I ended up getting the D7000's over the D5000's) and they're not tight at all. The pads are a bit overstuffed, which can reduce the amount of surface area (which can make them feel odd on the head), which will probably soften up in a few weeks. The other thing I would look at is the headband. Try to loosen it, it made mine feel more comfortable (and I felt like there was less pressure on my head).

Dec 29, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,572 of 5,248

Quote:
The most pressure I get is on my cheeks, the back of the headphones are ok and the top is ok aswell, just a bit pressure on the front.
Hopefully they'll loosen up a bit.

Yeah, around the jaw joint? I get that too, I'm hoping it subsides. I've heard it does. Even if so, not a huge deal, they're still pretty damn comfortable.

Dec 30, 2011 at 7:56 PM Post #1,573 of 5,248
Just got my pair.  Really fantastic honestly.  Noticing some pain at the top, but they are a good deal heavier than the previous pair.

Bought them from a local store, the guys there are quite nice (and patient, as I visited the store three times trying out as many headphones as they had to the annoyance of other customers).

I appreciate these suckers, really I do!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back