Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jul 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM Post #1,292 of 5,248
Been reading some tips on leather care for jackets, car seats, etc. and some of the things they say cracks car seats the fastest are body oils and salts from sweat.

Aug 3, 2011 at 1:45 AM Post #1,293 of 5,248
If your real-leather pads are cracking after a fairly short time (I'd consider 2 years fairly short still), maybe you should put some leather conditioner etc on them ensure the leather stays supple. We all know leather conditioner works for shoes and bags, why would it be any different for pads?

I will say, however, that you need to clean the residue off really well. There would be nothing worse than having oils/wax rubbing off on your head from your headphones.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:18 AM Post #1,296 of 5,248

They should be fine. I never tried the Zero but the D5000 are easier then the HD650 to drive but do sound better with good amplification. I use mine with a battery powered little amp (Neco Soundlab Dual opamp) and they sound amazing.

Quote:
Anyone used D5000s with a Zero DAC before? I may be buying some D5000s from a head-fier very soon so I'm just wondering how they're going to go with my current source/amp.

Aug 3, 2011 at 10:20 AM Post #1,297 of 5,248

Quote:
Anyone used D5000s with a Zero DAC before? I may be buying some D5000s from a head-fier very soon so I'm just wondering how they're going to go with my current source/amp.

In the quest for hygiene, i suggest you change the earpads, no matter how immaculate they are ^^.

Aug 3, 2011 at 4:46 PM Post #1,300 of 5,248

Quote:
Or just Lysol them sum'bit**es. Replacement earpads cost almost as much as Jmoneys. Pretty ridiculous.

then get Jmoneys =p!

Quote:

Where can I find replacement earpads? :p

The Jmoneys for one are replacement earpads that are readily available at headphone.com

Aug 3, 2011 at 11:54 PM Post #1,305 of 5,248
Yeah, I would be a bit cautious in getting the J$ pads. There doesn't appear to be a consistency with the advertised look, in comparison to what fair amount of customers are receiving. There is a massive thread that I read back. Basically 1 pad is perfect, whilst the other looks like its got uneven seams and not enough padding. Certainly a luxury item, for that price you can buy fairly decent headphones!

So if you're very pedantic and expect the highest consistency, then I would probably leave them stock. I know I'm not getting the J$ pads after reading that thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back