Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Mar 26, 2010 at 5:38 AM Post #557 of 5,248
lol you could try and pickup a used pair or get a pair of used d2000 and recable them. The only difference between d2k and d5k is the cable and the 5k has wooden cups which it seems like most people replace with Lawton audio cups at some point or another.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #558 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by parskey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I dont mean to get snappy but, seriously I dont think new posters are reading any of this thread before they post(I apologize if you have).

The only portable amp I have seen get regularly recommended(for the d2000's) is the iBasso D10(just read the top of this page) which can be bought used for around 200 although new is only 250.

Also, just ordered my jmoney pads HOORAY!

I have read through this thread and I do notice that the d10 is recommended for d2000 quite often, much like the t3 is for the re0's. I don't have any experience with either, and for that reason, I thought it reasonable to ask for a suggestion for an amp that would work well with both.

The t3 is recommended for giving the re0's the bass which it lacks. d2000 have ample bass and so i don't want them to be overpowered by bass. I admit that I haven't read much into the d10, but it is far beyond my budget right now.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #559 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyFine Shindig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The t3 is recommended for giving the re0's the bass which it lacks. d2000 have ample bass and so i don't want them to be overpowered by bass. I admit that I haven't read much into the d10, but it is far beyond my budget right now.

I'm pretty much in the same boat right now. I've heard some things about the Nuforce uDac but don't know much about other options.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:57 AM Post #560 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by MightyFine Shindig /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have read through this thread and I do notice that the d10 is recommended for d2000 quite often, much like the t3 is for the re0's. I don't have any experience with either, and for that reason, I thought it reasonable to ask for a suggestion for an amp that would work well with both.

I dont know much about portable and I haven't seen a whole lot on d2000 and any RSA amp synergy but a I have been seeing a lot of RSA portable amps for sale in the for sale section of the forum so I would look into that.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:24 PM Post #561 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by parskey /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The only portable amp I have seen get regularly recommended(for the d2000's) is the iBasso D10(just read the top of this page) which can be bought used for around 200 although new is only 250.

I have the iBasso D1 (the precursor to the D10) with the HiFlight TopKit, and it sounds wonderful with the D2000. My D2000 are still stock, though I hope to get the JMoney pads eventually (perhaps what I'll ask for for my birthday next month!). These are much cheaper than the D10, though much bulkier and not quite as capable, but still quite good.

Given how the D1 changed after moving to the TopKit, and how it sounded with my Future Sonics Atrio, I'd say that the sound signature with the TopKit would be similar to the Ray Samuels sound I remember from the Tomahawk, so RSA amps are probably safe, though more expensive. Not sure about other sources, portable or otherwise.

Mar 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #562 of 5,248
Well, the time has come for me to move up in the world. I sold my D5000s and am in the process of ordering a pair of LA7000 Lites w/ J$ pads.

Keep showing these cans love, they're great at what they do well, and have so much modding potential you can make them good at what they don't do well.

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:04 PM Post #563 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by tike71 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What a useless post. Can anyone else tell me if there's more bass in the d5000 than the hd650?

Midoo1990 has both and says the hd650 has more bass than the d5000. Looking for a second opinion before spending more money.

There is a hell of a lot more bass in the D5000 compared to the HD650, atleast on my gear. The difference is night and day

Mar 26, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #564 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Packgrog /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have the iBasso D1 (the precursor to the D10) with the HiFlight TopKit, and it sounds wonderful with the D2000. My D2000 are still stock, though I hope to get the JMoney pads eventually (perhaps what I'll ask for for my birthday next month!). These are much cheaper than the D10, though much bulkier and not quite as capable, but still quite good.

Given how the D1 changed after moving to the TopKit, and how it sounded with my Future Sonics Atrio, I'd say that the sound signature with the TopKit would be similar to the Ray Samuels sound I remember from the Tomahawk, so RSA amps are probably safe, though more expensive. Not sure about other sources, portable or otherwise.

Thanks for the contribution I think that was something lacking of this thread discussion on pairings with portable amps.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well, the time has come for me to move up in the world. I sold my D5000s and am in the process of ordering a pair of LA7000 Lites w/ J$ pads.

Keep showing these cans love, they're great at what they do well, and have so much modding potential you can make them good at what they don't do well.

I would love to hear your impression on the differences Necrolic also CONGRATS!

GUYS! I have a problem I am buying a dynalo and am considering buying a used v1.0 MHDT Paradisea any thoughts on the gear? The dynalo is just an amazing deal and was built by non other than MisterX. The Paradisea is priced at 400 would it be a good buy or should I get something else for that price?

Mar 27, 2010 at 2:24 AM Post #565 of 5,248
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audi4ever /img/forum/go_quote.gif
There is a hell of a lot more bass in the D5000 compared to the HD650, atleast on my gear. The difference is night and day

I completely agree with Audi4ever. I previously owned the HD650 and sold them to a fellow Head-fi'er, after I picked up the D5000. The D5000 are a very solid headphone in my book, a good all around headphone.

Mar 27, 2010 at 3:20 AM Post #566 of 5,248
beyersmile.png
Congrats on the la7000! and i'll be joining the d5000 soon
biggrin.gif

hopefullly i can comment on the sound soon!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Necrolic /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Mar 27, 2010 at 1:51 PM Post #567 of 5,248
hi guys
i bought the d5000 about a week ago and loved the sound. a couple of days ago i had them laying on my desk playing at a really high volume. I was inpressed that i was able to use the cans as speakers and i could hear no distortions in the sound. After several hours of high volume burnin i listened to them again, but something had definetly happend to the sound.

I now have to set the volume on my dac (lavry da11) higher to get the same output level. The base is much weaker, i used to EQ the lowest frequencies down by 5db, but now i get the same volume in the low-ends without the EQ (which i guess is an improvement). The sound is also more muddy than it used to.

The sound is still good, but i liked them better before. Does anyone know if this could be an effect of regular burnin, or if slightly damaged drivers could be the cause?

Im going to do the marl mod this week and hope that will fix things ...

Mar 30, 2010 at 8:57 AM Post #568 of 5,248
I got my J$ pads today for my D2000's. To be honest I did not like how they changed the sound of them. Before I go on I would like to say that they are fantastic pads, beautifully made, and I highly recommend them if you are looking for a tighter fit. I found that they did tighten up the bass and I found the overall sound less muddy, but they did recess the mids too much for my liking. The other thing is that I wear glasses and I found that the J$ pads give a very firm fit which made wearing glasses difficult. Considering the price I feel that J$'s pads are really good value, but if you wear glasses while you listen you might want to think about getting a monocle.
wink.gif

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #569 of 5,248
Strange. Everything I read about the JMoney pads was that they brought the mids forward. The caution about glasses is worrying too. Hmmm...

Mar 30, 2010 at 4:41 PM Post #570 of 5,248
Does anyone have an experience or opinion on how these would sound together? I am in need of closed cans for use within earshot of others, and the D2000 sounds like a winner for me. Is the Pico Slim likely to be a good choice? Would the D10 or something from RSA be better? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back