Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Apr 15, 2015 at 4:56 AM Post #4,502 of 5,248
With any luck, I should be getting a pair of closed back cans by end of month, or early next month......one of which would be a D7k.With these two closed back cans, I'd definitely put a stop to all my headphone purchases as I'd have both open and closed back dynamic and ortho cans to satisfy my needs. Please do get started on 'semi open' cans! I beg of you!

Apr 15, 2015 at 7:48 PM Post #4,503 of 5,248
  With any luck, I should be getting a pair of closed back cans by end of month, or early next month......one of which would be a D7k.With these two closed back cans, I'd definitely put a stop to all my headphone purchases as I'd have both open and closed back dynamic and ortho cans to satisfy my needs. Please do get started on 'semi open' cans! I beg of you!

So...the Alpha Dogs and D2000s listed in your signature are not enough to satisfy your needs?  Something tells me that you will not put a stop to your headphone purchases any time soon. 
tongue.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 4:26 AM Post #4,504 of 5,248

I'm impressed as well.  Mike has been working on this project for quite some time and looking at the two sets I have here, he nailed it.  Really good quality, finish is smoother than my Cocobolo cups to be honest (if you've seen a Martin cup you can feel/see the surface imperfections).  And love the Monkey Pod grain...............

Thanks. 6-stage lacquer process. :wink:

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:02 AM Post #4,505 of 5,248

So...the Alpha Dogs and D2000s listed in your signature are not enough to satisfy your needs?  Something tells me that you will not put a stop to your headphone purchases any time soon. 
tongue.gif

Man, you are 
very_evil_smiley.gif
! But really, should I score this D7k and Shure 1540, it'd bring up my total full size cans to 17! That SHOULD be enough, doncha think? 
beerchug.gif

Apr 16, 2015 at 5:19 AM Post #4,506 of 5,248
  Man, you are 
very_evil_smiley.gif
! But really, should I score this D7k and Shure 1540, it'd bring up my total full size cans to 17! That SHOULD be enough, doncha think? 
beerchug.gif

Enough? Pfffft! No such thing!

Apr 16, 2015 at 9:07 AM Post #4,507 of 5,248
  Man, you are 
very_evil_smiley.gif
beerchug.gif

I feel like a piker with only 10 now......................

Get the D7000...............you will love it.

Apr 16, 2015 at 2:42 PM Post #4,508 of 5,248
Gonna hijack this thread for just a moment. I recently traded my D2000 for an HD600 and even though I don't regret it now I have no closed back cans. I loved the d2000 and am thinking of grabbing either a d7000 with wood cups or a fostex th900. Preferences/recommendations of th900 vs d7000?

Apr 24, 2015 at 6:35 AM Post #4,512 of 5,248
Whether I can get the D7000 by early next month is still up in the air, if that deal fall thru, I can still consider a Markl modded D5000. Regardless, I'd introduced a hobbyist/modder to an acquaintance of mine, he has a Beyerdynamic T5p but didn't like the non-detachable cable. Well, the modder took his can and modded it with a pair of Audeze connectors (as requested by owner), see below:

I was so impressed with the mod, I've asked him to mod my D2000 and incoming D7000 (or D5000) with detachable cables. He'd suggested 2.5mm or 3,5mm phone sockets, I think I'll go for it!

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:43 AM Post #4,513 of 5,248
Whether I can get the D7000 by early next month is still up in the air, if that deal fall thru, I can still consider a Markl modded D5000. Regardless, I'd introduced a hobbyist/modder to an acquaintance of mine, he has a Beyerdynamic T5p but didn't like the non-detachable cable. Well, the modder took his can and modded it with a pair of Audeze connectors (as requested by owner), see below:

I was so impressed with the mod, I've asked him to mod my D2000 and incoming D7000 (or D5000) with detachable cables. He'd suggested 2.5mm or 3,5mm phone sockets, I think I'll go for it!

I've done that same modification to many beyers. It looks great on them and those headphones can accommodate the mini xlr chassis mount t connectors well. As for the denon/Fostex cans having 2.5 or 3.5mm chassis mount connectors installed in them, I highly recommend not wasting time trying to make that happen. There simply isn't enough room for those connectors and any modification to the headphone in that area will make that area too thin and very susceptible to snapping(this is actually possible, I just needed to experiment more apparently). The only connection I can recommend being used by a chassis mount connector is a HifiMan (smc) connector. The headphones themselves do not need to be modified to accept those connectors. Otherwise a pigtail type of detachable cable would need to be used.

HifiMan connection on a TH600

Apr 24, 2015 at 7:49 AM Post #4,514 of 5,248
I've done that same modification to many beyers. It looks great on them and those headphones can accommodate the mini xlr chassis mount t connectors well. As for the denon/Fostex cans having 2.5 or 3.5mm chassis mount connectors installed in them, I highly recommend not wasting time trying to make that happen. There simply isn't enough room for those connectors and any modification to the headphone in that area will make that area too thin and very susceptible to snapping. The only connection I can recommend being used by a chassis mount connector is a HifiMan (smc) connector. The headphones themselves do not need to be modified to accept those connectors. Otherwise a pigtail type of detachable cable would need to be used.

HifiMan connection on a TH600

So this mod is easy to do?
Would be great if I could use my Hifiman cables for my D2000.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back