Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jan 13, 2014 at 10:04 PM Post #3,272 of 5,248
I have asked before but it doesn't hurt to try again.  Does anyone know any specific paint to be used for touching up the silver frame on the d2000/5000?

I wouldn't touch up a scratch on the frame, I would take the whole piece off, sand it, and then paint it so the color is even and so there aren't any high spots on the part.

Jan 13, 2014 at 11:26 PM Post #3,273 of 5,248
I wouldn't touch up a scratch on the frame, I would take the whole piece off, sand it, and then paint it so the color is even and so there aren't any high spots on the part.

Or do a blackout version like Casper.........LOVe it.

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:26 AM Post #3,275 of 5,248
Ive blacked things out before, like some old panasonic headphones that I started out with, stuff on cars, etc..
But I dont think I can bring myself to do that on these cans.  It would disgrace those d7k cups. Gotta keep it classy.  

So specifically does anyone know any paint color (specific manufacturer number, not just "silver") that matches well?  Im not opposed to looking this up myself, but I am just curious if anyone has done it before.  Statistically, there has to be someone... lol

Jan 14, 2014 at 2:51 AM Post #3,276 of 5,248
my D2k r in bound from martin again. So I should have em thursday. N ill have em for 2 weeks n its off to Mark L for pads n a partial mod

also... i forgot how much I njoy my dt 880 in public... despite the noise (n i dont crank volume to compensate)

they sound really good... the pb1 drives them really nicely with the hm 801

I might honestly get a pb2 for driving my low impedance balanced cans. since I can keep the pb1 which is stuck in high gain for my High z dynamics n use the pb2 for my low z dyamics. I njoyed the he 400 balanced out if the pb1 in high gain... so lets hope i can live with no middle ground ... for orthos

Jan 14, 2014 at 4:36 AM Post #3,277 of 5,248
Ive blacked things out before, like some old panasonic headphones that I started out with, stuff on cars, etc..
But I dont think I can bring myself to do that on these cans.  It would disgrace those d7k cups. Gotta keep it classy.  

So specifically does anyone know any paint color (specific manufacturer number, not just "silver") that matches well?  Im not opposed to looking this up myself, but I am just curious if anyone has done it before.  Statistically, there has to be someone... lol

I didn't paint the cups, I plasti dipped them. That part is temporary.

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:03 AM Post #3,278 of 5,248
I wouldn't put anything on the d7k cups either. However I wonder how would it look with stock 7k cups and black metal parts instead of silver

Jan 14, 2014 at 7:10 AM Post #3,279 of 5,248
This is what I mean by temporary. Whenever/if I get my TH600 or 900, I am going to disassemble them and plasti dip the cups (idk what color) just for the sake of protecting the cups from scratches and dings. 

Watch this video below, it shows how to take plasti dip off of a car, it would be the same as taking it off your cups, or whatever else.

Skip to 1:48

Jan 14, 2014 at 6:35 PM Post #3,280 of 5,248
  This is what I mean by temporary. Whenever/if I get my TH600 or 900, I am going to disassemble them and plasti dip the cups (idk what color) just for the sake of protecting the cups from scratches and dings. 

Watch this video below, it shows how to take plasti dip off of a car, it would be the same as taking it off your cups, or whatever else.

Skip to 1:48

So... your covering the wood in Plastic? Is there like a clear PlastiDip. I'd like the nice sheen of the wood to stay some what visable... although tbh,,, that is pretty cool :D 

also Martins got my D2k in bound again... and this time he remember to listen to them :D or rather he was able to listen to them, as he doesn't have a 4pin XLR balanced amp, so I sent him my 4pin XLR to SE 6.5mm apadter.

Either way they should be here tommorow or Thursday 

Jan 14, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #3,281 of 5,248
Well there is a "Glossifier" that you can spray over regular plasti dip (it's matte by deault) but you can spray that straight onto the cups and it will protect them and give them a very glossy finish.

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:36 PM Post #3,283 of 5,248
  Are you guys using an amp to feed your D2000/D5000's? If you arent how are you feeding them, just plugging them directly into your source? If you are, what amp?

I like to shove the 4pin XLR in my left Nostril... I find it sounds the best that way :3 

Jan 15, 2014 at 2:53 PM Post #3,285 of 5,248
A majority of my listening time is spent using a Google Chromebook (it is only used to stream music) with Google Music All Access > USB > NuForce Icon HDP as DAC > Schiit Asgard amp.  Much of this has to do with the ergonomics of my listening area.  I'm not what most would consider to be a serious listener.  I rarely just listen to music by itself without doing something else; usually on the computer or exercising.  

Sometimes I will listen to FLAC songs (ripped from CDs) on my computer with Foobar (wasapi) > optical output on PC > optical switch > NuForce Icon HDP as DAC > Schiit Asgard

When I want to use my Sound Spectrum G-Force visualizer, I will Cast Google Music All Access from my Android phone to my external Logitech Media Server so that I can play my Google Music library or genre radios on my Logitech Squeezebox Touch.  I have the the Squeezebox device utilizing the optical output > optical switch > NuForce Icon HDP as DAC > Schiit Asgard AND I use the RCA output to the line-in on my PC sound card so that the visualizer will "hear" my music.  The Squeezebox outputs are all hot on the device, which makes this possible.

Also, I have a separate room with video game consoles (Xbox, PS3) where I will use my Chromebook > USB > with an Audioengine D1 as the DAC > O2 amp (JDS Labs) with the resistors cut for 0 db gain.

I also have a HeadRoom Micro Amp I've used on occasion, but now this amp is serving duty at my office with my Mad Dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back