Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jan 7, 2014 at 1:55 PM Post #3,241 of 5,248
  Looks the same as the one on my D2000, but perhaps the cables after the plastic knob on mine are a bit thinner. Or maybe not because it really looks to be the same.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fgt6e05s6icxrja/P7040032.JPG
https://www.dropbox.com/s/6hzqmn43bhhkoyl/P7040033.JPG

Here is a bit more on the cable differences.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/250230/cable-differences-between-denon-ah-d5000-and-ah-d2000-w-pic#post_3136831

Jan 8, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #3,243 of 5,248
So...differances in the D5k and D7k cable? My D2k has quote a "D7k stock cable" ... my cable was... well I dunno it didn't feel really thick or anything but it wasn't really all that tangle prone... still I've asked my repair man to check for me since all in all he's reterminating it and he should be able to confirm that my cable is NOT a stock D2k without any trouble at all 

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:16 AM Post #3,244 of 5,248
  So...differances in the D5k and D7k cable? My D2k has quote a "D7k stock cable" ... my cable was... well I dunno it didn't feel really thick or anything but it wasn't really all that tangle prone... still I've asked my repair man to check for me since all in all he's reterminating it and he should be able to confirm that my cable is NOT a stock D2k without any trouble at all 

I had Martin shorten mine to 4'.  Well worth it if you don't want a very unwieldy, long, thick, tangle-prone cable.....................

What I want on my D7000 I have on my TH900 - the Q silk braided.................it is so light and flexible I get spoiled by it. 

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:24 AM Post #3,245 of 5,248

I had Martin shorten mine to 4'.  Well worth it if you don't want a very unwieldy, long, thick, tangle-prone cable.....................

What I want on my D7000 I have on my TH900 - the Q silk braided.................it is so light and flexible I get spoiled by it. 

You COULD have it on both, if they were both detachable cable modded :wink:

It's cost efficient, and makes the phones more versatile.

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #3,246 of 5,248

Chances are I'll have that down by Brian at BTG when I can afford it, I want all 3 of my headphones rewired for deTachable Mini XLRs. I may do my W1000x that way to start. Although I'd want the entire headphone rewired, including waht ever crappy stock wires may be in side the driver unit it self 

Jan 8, 2014 at 11:39 AM Post #3,247 of 5,248
  Chances are I'll have that down by Brian at BTG when I can afford it, I want all 3 of my headphones rewired for deTachable Mini XLRs. I may do my W1000x that way to start. Although I'd want the entire headphone rewired, including waht ever crappy stock wires may be in side the driver unit it self 

meaning I may have a hard re wire on each of my cans first, then MINI Xlr them one at a time later down the road. I'm not sure when I want to shoot into T90 and HE 500 territority or jump right into T1 and LDC XC.... I might wait and jump into the $1500 cans, and tinker with what I have now for the time being. BUT I might not, seeing as I WANT a W5000k... i hear so many mixed reviews about it... need to hear it for my self! 

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:08 PM Post #3,248 of 5,248

Man, I would LOVE to have detachable cable mods exactly like the Alpha Dog, right at the cup.....................dream headphone complete.

Jan 8, 2014 at 3:22 PM Post #3,250 of 5,248

Man, I would LOVE to have detachable cable mods exactly like the Alpha Dog, right at the cup.....................dream headphone complete.

Sadly Right on Cap detachables are hard to come by, now one wants to work out the space in the wood or metal housings... you'll have to live with earings :3

Jan 8, 2014 at 9:19 PM Post #3,251 of 5,248

I'm contemplating buying some molding supplies for making resin molds at tax time, along with a pair of DT880's. I am thinking about trying to see what kinds of sounds I can get out of the 250 ohm drivers they have, and then maybe making a mold of their cups and forming it into something totally different, and including a detachable cable input similar to the Alphas.. I'm still contemplating it though. When I'm at work, I let my mind wander and think of things like this. I'd like to come up with something like that to make some side money someday, that would be pretty sweet, and fun!

Jan 8, 2014 at 10:20 PM Post #3,255 of 5,248
So is there a trick to keep the D2000 cable from getting all twisted and kinked? While we are at it, is there a way to fix the cable after it gets twisted and kinked?

i have a pair of d-5000 since the cable is so long i just rolled it up and put a tye rap on cable but next step is to cut it to 4-5 feet long like i had done to my Senns HD800 cable im always at my desk so 4-5 feet is perfect for me .

Users who are viewing this thread

Back