Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Jan 11, 2014 at 9:05 AM Post #3,257 of 5,248
So, my D2k ought to be here some time next week... I've got a pay check in bound Thursday morning wondering if I can get lucky enough to get buy some Alpha Pads and Mark L DIY Mod and have it all shipped to me by Saturday... then take sunday to mod the darn things! 

If so I'd be a happy camper, but my D2k are soon to be here :3 

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:09 AM Post #3,258 of 5,248
So, my D2k ought to be here some time next week... I've got a pay check in bound Thursday morning wondering if I can get lucky enough to get buy some Alpha Pads and Mark L DIY Mod and have it all shipped to me by Saturday... then take sunday to mod the darn things! 

You mean after all this time waiting you aren't going to listen to them????? I'd try them as is at least for a day.

Hope they sound as good as they should bud.

Jan 11, 2014 at 9:39 AM Post #3,259 of 5,248

Don't you just need the Dynamat? Or are you going to use the acoustic foam fiber stuff too to lessen the bass?

I ordered this, and I have a bunch left.
http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-PLAIN-Dynamat-Xtreme-BY-THE-PIECE/dp/B00GKTW4OU/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1389451104&sr=8-22&keywords=dynamat+extreme

Jan 11, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #3,260 of 5,248
  Don't you just need the Dynamat? Or are you going to use the acoustic foam fiber stuff too to lessen the bass?

I ordered this, and I have a bunch left.
http://www.amazon.com/Extreme-PLAIN-Dynamat-Xtreme-BY-THE-PIECE/dp/B00GKTW4OU/ref=sr_1_22?ie=UTF8&qid=1389451104&sr=8-22&keywords=dynamat+extreme

I would not say it lessens the bass if done properly, It tightens the bass decay and makes it less boomy, the bass is definitely still there with a Markl mod.

Nice job on yours BTW, they look great.

Jan 11, 2014 at 12:57 PM Post #3,262 of 5,248

I would not say it lessens the bass if done properly, It tightens the bass decay and makes it less boomy, the bass is definitely still there with a Markl mod.

Nice job on yours BTW, they look great.

I would but Mark L for $30 gives me a nice round shaped Piece for the Driver, I'm lazy... I'm already not looking forward to having to take them apart, so the less time I can spend the better, and NO I do not want to pay like $150 to have it done for me, when I can do it my self for half

You mean after all this time waiting you aren't going to listen to them????? I'd try them as is at least for a day.

Hope they sound as good as they should bud.

Yea maybe, I should get them around Wedsnday or so, I'll have 4 days wid em, then I'll mod em

Lemmie ask you this again... Alpha or Mark L Lawtons Pads... the Lawtons seems easier to get onto the headphone 

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #3,263 of 5,248
I would but Mark L for $30 gives me a nice round shaped Piece for the Driver, I'm lazy... I'm already not looking forward to having to take them apart, so the less time I can spend the better, and NO I do not want to pay like $150 to have it done for me, when I can do it my self for half

Yea maybe, I should get them around Wedsnday or so, I'll have 4 days wid em, then I'll mod em

Lemmie ask you this again... Alpha or Mark L Lawtons Pads... the Lawtons seems easier to get onto the headphone 

Flip a coin. I went back to Lawton angled on my D7000 and still have Alphas on my D2000.

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #3,264 of 5,248
Flip a coin. I went back to Lawton angled on my D7000 and still have Alphas on my D2000.

*sigh* 

Let's see if Mark will do a Paritial Mod... and I honestly wonder how I would even know if he didn't mod the cups... I suppose I could ask him to send me the Dampening for the Backs... as a safety measure.

Now the question... yup I can afford it. School just started again, and I still got a reBate from last year hurrah! 

That Said I might be waiting a month or so to get em modded 

actually I take that back, I might do it... before Febuary. I forget the school allows us... a early release of funds. Oh boy... time to make another letter... and a nice set of Rent Recipts...hmm... we get up to $500 back I'm planning on getting it all again this time around, I could proably tell them some sad story about how I crashed my car and I need to pay for work on the new unit... oh that's a good idea... Jiffy Lube quotes are like $500 ish and some change... wingo! 

That said... $150 for Lawton Mods... $150 for a recable on my Lovely W1000x... she needs it... and $115 to get my HM 801 replaced... hurray! That leave's me with just enough for an oil Change. 

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:35 PM Post #3,265 of 5,248
Turns out the pair of d2ks I bought with d7k cups are dynamatted. Seller never mentioned it. I wonder if he even knew what he had...

They also included j$ pads. My impressions of them compared to stock is that while they are stiffer (initially, idk if they soften over time) they are better sounding and isolating. Just something to think about Mshenay, since you only mentioned angled and Lawton pads

Jan 11, 2014 at 1:51 PM Post #3,266 of 5,248
  *sigh* 

... I suppose I could ask him to send me the Dampening for the Backs... as a safety measure.

He is going to send you some water to wet your wooden cups???
basshead.gif

J/K (but it is damping)
wink_face.gif

Jan 11, 2014 at 2:57 PM Post #3,267 of 5,248
Turns out the pair of d2ks I bought with d7k cups are dynamatted. Seller never mentioned it. I wonder if he even knew what he had...

They also included j$ pads. My impressions of them compared to stock is that while they are stiffer (initially, idk if they soften over time) they are better sounding and isolating. Just something to think about Mshenay, since you only mentioned angled and Lawton pads

True... but I had j$ pads the quality is kinda sub par, at least mine where not... bad but they were not great either, I'd rather have the quality of the Lawtons

He is going to send you some water to wet your wooden cups???
basshead.gif

J/K (but it is damping)
wink_face.gif

xD lol

Jan 11, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #3,268 of 5,248
True... but I had j$ pads the quality is kinda sub par, at least mine where not... bad but they were not great either, I'd rather have the quality of the Lawtons

xD lol

I had the J$ pads as well. Didn't think much of them and sold them.

Jan 11, 2014 at 8:22 PM Post #3,269 of 5,248
I had the J$ pads as well. Didn't think much of them and sold them.

Exactly, on the HE 400 GOLDEN, but on anything else... meh

I'm going to send my D2k off to Lawton for a Driver Mod and some Lawton Pads, going to cost $150 *sigh* but I get to listen to them stock for about 2 weeks, down time on L Pad orders is 3 weeks max, so Mark L Suggested... keep em for two ship em out on the start of week three and it'll be about 2-3 days turn over. So that's good. I get some stock D2K time.

Also... dreading the spring... I really REALLY need a new balanced Amp, my pb1... SUCKS sadly, as the GAIN SWITCH is le busted... so it's stuck on high gain rendering it useless with both my closed backs in balanced mode :/ I can live with SE out of the pb1 

Ehmm, well then I think I'll be keeping my pb1 for a little while long q,q life happens... SO fast >.> 

Jan 13, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #3,270 of 5,248
  Exactly, on the HE 400 GOLDEN, but on anything else... meh

I'm going to send my D2k off to Lawton for a Driver Mod and some Lawton Pads, going to cost $150 *sigh* but I get to listen to them stock for about 2 weeks, down time on L Pad orders is 3 weeks max, so Mark L Suggested... keep em for two ship em out on the start of week three and it'll be about 2-3 days turn over. So that's good. I get some stock D2K time.

Also... dreading the spring... I really REALLY need a new balanced Amp, my pb1... SUCKS sadly, as the GAIN SWITCH is le busted... so it's stuck on high gain rendering it useless with both my closed backs in balanced mode :/ I can live with SE out of the pb1 

Ehmm, well then I think I'll be keeping my pb1 for a little while long q,q life happens... SO fast >.> 

I'm sure you could find someone here to repair your gain switch. That would be a hell of a lot cheaper than buying another balanced amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back