Denon D2000/D5000, MD2000/MD5000 Thread!
Nov 13, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #2,956 of 5,248

I got that impression from him as well. I wasn't super happy with my experience with him.

Did Martin commit to any timeline? 

Not yet, he's not reposnded to me yet. My last message was concerning quotes for some work. I've since decided I only want the $pin XLR retermination. And yea... no Mark L for me. I'll take his DIY Mod kit and hand over the REcable and Pad work to some one else.

I'm hoping to hear from Martin Soon, he's been pleasent! Also Brain from BTG has cheap as dirt recables :O I'm thinking of SERIOUSLY saving some cash and doing a little test! Going to first get my W1000x Reacbled by him with a well one of his nicer cables. Going to do a HardLine reCable, fellow is selling a TH 900 and I'll take his word on BTG's recable adding some extra quality. That said

The Midnight 8 from BTG is looking like an excellent option for both my D2k and W1000x... I got a quote of about $200 from another guy for a recable :O so Brian is my budget savior atm

Also for kicks and giggles I might get my DT 880 REcable with Dual miniXlrs and see if cable really do make a differance... as the DT 880 can be Ear Ring Free. More on my master plan later 

FOr now Mark L cancelled invoice, and I'm going with BTG for a recable sooner than I thought I could it seems :3

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:38 PM Post #2,957 of 5,248
I'm thinking of going detachable and installing Hifiman connectors on my D2000 's. I like being able to swap out cables when I want so I don't have to use a 10ft cable when I'm on the go. I like being able to change the sound too so I can find the best cable for my preferences, sound wise.

Nov 13, 2013 at 5:40 PM Post #2,958 of 5,248
I'm thinking of going detachable and installing Hifiman connectors on my D2000 's. I like being able to swap out cables when I want so I don't have to use a 10ft cable when I'm on the go. I like being able to change the sound too so I can find the best cable for my preferences, sound wise.

I've wanted to do that too, but I'm not sure who offers a Hifiman COnnector Mod though! Moon Audio might 

Nov 13, 2013 at 6:09 PM Post #2,959 of 5,248

Keep us posted if you do it. That is a sweet idea. :D

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:16 AM Post #2,962 of 5,248
That's no problem for me, I do all my own mods
wink.gif

Oh nice dude! Let us know how it goes :O

Nov 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #2,963 of 5,248
  Thanks guys.

Yeah, I've been wanting to buy the Alpha Pads for my D2000, but I've never really walked the walk on that one. I probably should though. For christmas. 

Comfort wise, it's astounding. I personally hated the change to sound though, couldn't pull the alpha pads off my Denons quick enough. It was like the midrange decided to take a holiday.

Nov 14, 2013 at 10:42 PM Post #2,964 of 5,248
  Comfort wise, it's astounding. I personally hated the change to sound though, couldn't pull the alpha pads off my Denons quick enough. It was like the midrange decided to take a holiday.

Eww that's not what I wanted to hear :-[

Sonically or rather with regards to the mids, how do the Lawton Pads compare to the Alpha? I know the J$ are MID suckers as well

Not sure if I want Lawton or Alpha at this point... Might even try find some Beyer Gels :O if I knew how they changed the sound... 

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:29 AM Post #2,967 of 5,248

Guys,

I didn't get this "mids suck out" at all so keep in mind one persons experience vs a lot of Alpha pad conversions.

Try them, if you don't like, sell the pads. Heck, I'd probably buy them.

Nov 15, 2013 at 7:58 AM Post #2,968 of 5,248
Guys,

I didn't get this "mids suck out" at all so keep in mind one persons experience vs a lot of Alpha pad conversions.

Try them, if you don't like, sell the pads. Heck, I'd probably buy them.

True. It just so conveniently happened to pop up when I had decided to sell my Pro 900 just because I wanted more mids.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:08 AM Post #2,969 of 5,248
So these are up for sale...........yeah, hard to believe I'm doing this but I have a big project in mind and need the $.

D2000 with COCOBOLO Rosewood cups.

Nov 15, 2013 at 8:15 AM Post #2,970 of 5,248
So these are up for sale...........yeah, hard to believe I'm doing this but I have a big project in mind and need the $.

D2000 with COCOBOLO Rosewood cups.

*kicks Orge* 

Still no word from Martin on how long he thinks repairs will take. I sent Jimmy the Headphones yesterday as well... hoinestly Jimmy should have shipped them right after I Paid, instead he waited for me to ship first... which is assine as the headphones I have are not going to be repaired before they get to him

Point being... wish I'd had a chance to buy Orge's D2k and no iJimmys... as it's going to take FOREVER to get them between Martin and Jimmy who aren't the chatty type >.> 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back