Denon D2000 Amping help please
Jan 10, 2012 at 3:45 AM Post #31 of 37

Quote:
Compared to unamped, the E9 does tighten up the bass and brings out the mids quite a bit. Mids seem to be the sweetened area of the E9. But the Lyr further tightens the D7000's bass. Almost too much. It just didn't do anything to bring out the mids and treble for me. I guess I'm just not a fan of tubes/warmth. It DID flesh out the mids as in gave them a fuller sound, but not more forward than the E9.

Sounds like a nice description to me. You think the D2000 would like the E9 as much as the D7000? From my understanding, they differ a bit from D2000/D5000 by using another driver etc.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:14 AM Post #32 of 37
The E9 loves sensitive headphones almost as much as higher impedance ones. I would say it'd be a lovely match, considering the D2000 is known to have quite the mid recession, which would benefit from the somewhat sweetened up mids of the E9.

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:27 AM Post #33 of 37

Quote:
The E9 loves sensitive headphones almost as much as higher impedance ones. I would say it'd be a lovely match, considering the D2000 is known to have quite the mid recession, which would benefit from the somewhat sweetened up mids of the E9.

Sounds great to me, and furthermore, it sounds like the Pro 900 could also benefit from the E9..

Jan 10, 2012 at 4:29 AM Post #34 of 37
Not sure it will be a huge difference from your E11 which is pretty powerful for a portable amp, but I haven't heard it.

The E9 doesn't subdue treble, so the Pro 900 will keep all it's glorious treble... and/or harshness, if you find them to be that way. :D

Jan 10, 2012 at 5:21 AM Post #35 of 37

Quote:
Not sure it will be a huge difference from your E11 which is pretty powerful for a portable amp, but I haven't heard it.
The E9 doesn't subdue treble, so the Pro 900 will keep all it's glorious treble... and/or harshness, if you find them to be that way.
biggrin.gif

Oh, the treble is glorious alright. 
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I'm gonna have to think about the amp. For now, despite the hissing, I think my vintage integrated amp will have to do.. (yep, spouse and money don't always cater to this hobby) 
wink.gif

May 11, 2012 at 8:02 AM Post #37 of 37
Hello everyone! I decided to continue this thread, cause have the same issue. I've got Denon 2000 Markl Mod with hifiman 801 and decided to increase their quality. Portable amp is better but stationary is also possible. 
They are really great headphones, but not at all genres. I listen hardcore, rock, indie-rock, trance, ebm, soundtracks, classic. But in comparison with audio-technica es7 (or sleek sa6) denon doesn't have such speed and power. I mean when you listening rock music and there are a lot of details you can't see all the picture, it's like you can see each detail separately. But if the music is not so heavy they are perfect (especially in classic). They are still the best i've heard, but i want more.
Budget - around 300$. 
I've read a lot of topics from different forums and chose a few different amps:
Little Dot I+
Little Dot mkIII
fiio e11
fiio e7
Head-Direct EF1
HiFiMAN EF2
Pro-Ject Head Box II
Musical Fidelity X-Can v3
Gilmore Lite
Ibasso d4 boa