Denon AH-D7000
Apr 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #3,301 of 7,464
I only have Squall... :frowning2:

Would like to get a Lightening figure sometime soon, maybe a cloud one but more likely Cecil or Kain.

I think my girlfriend would be jealous if either Asuka  or Rei in my room :p.

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #3,302 of 7,464
I only have Squall... :frowning2:

Would like to get a Lightening figure sometime soon, maybe a cloud one but more likely Cecil or Kain.

I think my girlfriend would be jealous if either Asuka  or Rei in my room :p.

Some of my more notable ones are Another Rei and a Mari. As well as a 2 figure Summer wear Haruhi set, Danbo & Yotsuba set, Higurashi 5 figure bathing suit set, and the Lucky Star 2 figure OVA cosplay set.

My fiancee likes my figures. :D

Apr 20, 2011 at 4:52 PM Post #3,304 of 7,464
speaking of girlfriends...I came home and had a note stating she "borrowed" my headphones again so she can study with them. 

She knows better than to take the Denon's (even though she loves them).  She keeps taking my Sennheiser HD595's.  How much do you think I should let them go for?  I'm only holding on to them for that "open" sound considering my Grados are beyond broken.  Contemplating just picking up the HD650's if I get a few bucks as my second can if I sell her the HD595.

Apr 20, 2011 at 5:05 PM Post #3,305 of 7,464
Apr 20, 2011 at 5:58 PM Post #3,306 of 7,464

LOL...we're not talking $20 headphones here I don't feel I should just give them away so to speak...

Quote:
LOL wut?  Give them to her as a gift.  Receive gratitude.

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:10 PM Post #3,308 of 7,464
Dam dude I hope you been with her for like a few weeks or something, if not give them up I would give any set I have to my girlfriend, just not the D7000. She will walk away with my fiio set up soon enough.

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #3,309 of 7,464
Don't you have some apple ibuds or something you could give her so you could keep your headphones?
wink.gif

In all seriousness, she respects the Denon's!  She might be a keeper!

Quote:
LOL...we're not talking $20 headphones here I don't feel I should just give them away so to speak...

Apr 20, 2011 at 7:44 PM Post #3,310 of 7,464
Don't you have some apple ibuds or something you could give her so you could keep your headphones?
wink.gif

In all seriousness, she respects the Denon's!  She might be a keeper!

I'm actually using iBuds right now for my portable junk because I have no portable phone right now. lol

It's pretty terrible.

Also. I kind of agree with that not just giving them away bit. Especially in a student kind of situation. Money is tight when you're going through school. Give her a major discount sure, buy not free for something like that.

I gave my girlfriend my original DS, and then sold her my DS Lite when I upgraded again. It's all kind of what money is like when it goes down.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:24 PM Post #3,311 of 7,464

Quote:

Yeah but shes probably only using them because they are there... I have lots of friends who love my headphones but would never drop that kind of cash on them.

To them the thought is insane...

I bought my gf a pair of ESW9... wished she used them more lol. At least there are decent headphones at her place though when we study together.

Was a pretty bad gift idea though (wasn't aware at the time) but her hearing is not super good as it turns out. Huge history of ear infections as a kid due to abnormal canals... stuff that drives me crazy she doesn't even notice. Oh well... its the thought that counts at least... (i hope! :)

If you haven't been with her a long time maybe just offer her a really good price and tell her straight up: Look I was planning on selling these to get X, but you seem to really like them so blah blah. Still iffy and depends on her personality, but if she knows people are willing to pay X second hand and be happy she will hopefully realize the value. 

It is always iffy when you bring money into a relationship though... the barter system tends to work better.

Apr 20, 2011 at 8:31 PM Post #3,312 of 7,464
The only cans I bought a gf was the Steelseries Siberia, because she wanted white and comfy. They were both. Unfortunately, I thought they were closed back then, and she ended up using them next to me while I slept. It's an open headphone, lol. Good thing she used them at low volumes, where it didn't bug me much.

The best cans to buy a gf IMHO, is the JVC HA-S700. They're about $30, look better than Bose, are just as comfy, and isolate extremely well. I loved those things. They get hot though. My ex was like me, in that she likes velours, not pleather/leather. Her fave was the DT880 back then. I think she used it more than I did.

Apr 20, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #3,313 of 7,464
Well she likes using the Sennheiser cans while doing her grad school studying and whatnot.  She thinks they sound great but just gawks with the Denon's.  Ugh...give them away?  Really?  Hmm...

Quote:
Yeah but shes probably only using them because they are there... I have lots of friends who love my headphones but would never drop that kind of cash on them.

To them the thought is insane...

I bought my gf a pair of ESW9... wished she used them more lol. At least there are decent headphones at her place though when we study together.

Was a pretty bad gift idea though (wasn't aware at the time) but her hearing is not super good as it turns out. Huge history of ear infections as a kid due to abnormal canals... stuff that drives me crazy she doesn't even notice. Oh well... its the thought that counts at least... (i hope! :)

If you haven't been with her a long time maybe just offer her a really good price and tell her straight up: Look I was planning on selling these to get X, but you seem to really like them so blah blah. Still iffy and depends on her personality, but if she knows people are willing to pay X second hand and be happy she will hopefully realize the value. 

It is always iffy when you bring money into a relationship though... the barter system tends to work better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back