Denon AH-D7000
Apr 19, 2011 at 2:26 PM Post #3,286 of 7,464
Well, My D7000's are off to a new and loving home.  A few comments on some of the posts above:

Quads and paying for fast processing - it will be faster than otherwise, but 1964 ears is 4 or 5 or 6 folks with a sudden rush of popularity.  Great people, WAY busy.  Don't expect 5 or 10 day service.  They are buried right now.

As to fit and finish - Very good, not excellent.  That seems to be the sacrifice for the much lower price point.  The nozzle ends seem to have the sound tubes exposed on many, including mine.  Not an issue to me, they clean up easily, otherwise look fantastic, sound excellent.

Process - Goo in your ears, paper, send off, wait, hope that fit is acceptable.

Now, back to topic - I SOLD MY D7000's!  Waaaaah!

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #3,287 of 7,464
Congrats and condolence on the sale !
Come back to us soon. Your siblings here will welcome you back with open arms.
wink_face.gif

(and you will be back... 
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #3,288 of 7,464

Quote:
Not all receivers are equal.  My old cheap entry Denon AV receiver didn't make headphones sound as good as my mid range Onkyo.  While they might "amp" the headphones well you're suffering with whatever DAC and other circuitry that's inside the receiver.

I am taling Vintage receivers with the HE6 all built in the 70's and the three I own and the bunch Skylab owns all drive the HE6 out of the headphone jack. The older receivers were built and those companies in particular Marantz.Pioneer and sansui wer all in heavy competition to porduce the best receivers in the world and they all succeded. The receivers are not what is built today first they are all analog no digital processors and more important no op-amps and headphone jacks were built to drive any kind of headphone. Today receivers are not in the same class. AV receivers are built for mostly for movuies and multiple speaker set ups. In the 70's 2 channel was king and the Japanese companies ruled the roost. For a modest price you can get a receiver that will blow the newer ones out the door. They are excellent quality and the fact they still play 35yrs and on proves they were built to last.Also the three receiver I own were not considered cheap they ranged in 300-650 in price. My higher end 980SX was 650.00 and in the 70 you could buy whole systems for less than 300.00 but to build the 980SX today if they could even do it would cost about 4K so they were high end and not considered cheap by any means. Today cheap stuff is all throw away. All three of my receviers would be worth rebuilding.

Apr 19, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #3,289 of 7,464
My pioneer sx1010 weighs 55lbs, drives my he-6 as well as any speaker amp I've tried and is dead quiet with my 25ohm d7ks. The build quality is unlike any two(or multi) channel receiver built today. I have an almost 3000.00 home theater receiver that actually tested as outputting more than it's 145.00 watt rating two channels driven, but my pioneer is still more powerful than it. I also have a pioneer flagship receiver from a few years ago rated at 140x7 and it only weighs 35lbs and doesn't sound nearly as good. The headphone out on it is OK, but nothing to write home about. The headphone out on my sx1010 is stellar and outperforms any high end solid state headphone amp I've ever owned or listened to, and I have listened to some in the four figure range. Receivers made within the last 30 years can't even come close to being compared to those monsters made back in the 70s.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:11 PM Post #3,290 of 7,464
Gotcha didn't realize you were referring to older models!  Good to know.  Thanks Frank!

Quote:

I am taling Vintage receivers with the HE6 all built in the 70's and the three I own and the bunch Skylab owns all drive the HE6 out of the headphone jack. The older receivers were built and those companies in particular Marantz.Pioneer and sansui wer all in heavy competition to porduce the best receivers in the world and they all succeded. The receivers are not what is built today first they are all analog no digital processors and more important no op-amps and headphone jacks were built to drive any kind of headphone. Today receivers are not in the same class. AV receivers are built for mostly for movuies and multiple speaker set ups. In the 70's 2 channel was king and the Japanese companies ruled the roost. For a modest price you can get a receiver that will blow the newer ones out the door. They are excellent quality and the fact they still play 35yrs and on proves they were built to last.Also the three receiver I own were not considered cheap they ranged in 300-650 in price. My higher end 980SX was 650.00 and in the 70 you could buy whole systems for less than 300.00 but to build the 980SX today if they could even do it would cost about 4K so they were high end and not considered cheap by any means. Today cheap stuff is all throw away. All three of my receviers would be worth rebuilding.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:24 PM Post #3,291 of 7,464
Congrats and condolence on the sale !
Come back to us soon. Your siblings here will welcome you back with open arms.
wink_face.gif

(and you will be back... 
very_evil_smiley.gif
)

I'm sure I will be back to whatever is denon's flagship at the time as long as it is similarly voiced. It is the best closed can on the market for my taste and music choice.

Apr 19, 2011 at 7:41 PM Post #3,292 of 7,464
It's kind of cool, the FOTM now is the same FOTM from 30 years ago!  :) 
I know I've started hunting for one of these treasures.  They are not as easy to find for the low prices as you guys make it seem, perhaps like certain tubes we seek out the demand is driving prices up?  Anyway, I look forward to finding one and seeing what it can do.

Quote:

Quote:
My pioneer sx1010 weighs 55lbs, drives my he-6 as well as any speaker amp I've tried and is dead quiet with my 25ohm d7ks. The build quality is unlike any two(or multi) channel receiver built today. I have an almost 3000.00 home theater receiver that actually tested as outputting more than it's 145.00 watt rating two channels driven, but my pioneer is still more powerful than it. I also have a pioneer flagship receiver from a few years ago rated at 140x7 and it only weighs 35lbs and doesn't sound nearly as good. The headphone out on it is OK, but nothing to write home about. The headphone out on my sx1010 is stellar and outperforms any high end solid state headphone amp I've ever owned or listened to, and I have listened to some in the four figure range. Receivers made within the last 30 years can't even come close to being compared to those monsters made back in the 70s.

Apr 19, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #3,293 of 7,464

Quote:
[size=11pt]I SOLD MY D7000's!  Waaaaah![/size]

[size=11pt]Dude, I so told you I would give them a loving home and lots of attention.   Plus, I explained how after going through 4 headphones, coming to the realization headphone reviewers as a rule don’t spend 75% of their time listening to opera, and having bought a pair of 7K off eBay for work and discovering they can handle the primo ottocènto, the opening of Das Rheingold and pretty much everything in between and beyond quite well, AND as I was ready to post in this thread and ask whether to get a 2nd pair for home or something different for variety,you were lamenting in the most recent post that yours were now up for adoption, it could only be taken as a sign from above.  [/size]

[size=11pt]In addition to opera and orchestral music I find they also are great, to my ears, with acoustic folk, electric folk (Tempest, Boiled in Lead, Steeleye Span, etc.), and bluegrass.  I completely agree they’re very source dependent.  I’ve found there’s a big difference between ipod lod to iqube v.1 and ipod loc through the pico dac/amp combo.   On the plus side with the money I saved I can flip amps looking for the perfect combo.  [/size]

[size=11pt]I guess having 2 pairs means I’m a convert huh?[/size]

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:03 PM Post #3,294 of 7,464

[size=11pt]Dude, I so told you I would give them a loving home and lots of attention.   Plus, I explained how after going through 4 headphones, coming to the realization headphone reviewers as a rule don’t spend 75% of their time listening to opera, and having bought a pair of 7K off eBay for work and discovering they can handle the primo ottocènto, the opening of Das Rheingold and pretty much everything in between and beyond quite well, AND as I was ready to post in this thread and ask whether to get a 2nd pair for home or something different for variety,you were lamenting in the most recent post that yours were now up for adoption, it could only be taken as a sign from above.  [/size]

[size=11pt]In addition to opera and orchestral music I find they also are great, to my ears, with acoustic folk, electric folk (Tempest, Boiled in Lead, Steeleye Span, etc.), and bluegrass.  I completely agree they’re very source dependent.  I’ve found there’s a big difference between ipod lod to iqube v.1 and ipod loc through the pico dac/amp combo.   On the plus side with the money I saved I can flip amps looking for the perfect combo.  [/size]

I've been listening to a ton of Dave Carter lately for my Folk fix. They sound sooooo good for Folk music. I need to break them ih my Classical FLAC collection, but I'm so hooked on my Folk/Solo Guitar kick right now that I've been ignoring Classical (and my Bocelli collection, for that matter).

Apr 19, 2011 at 9:52 PM Post #3,295 of 7,464

Quote:

They definitely went to a good home!  Amps - my vote is headroom, or other neutral to warm solid state.

Apr 20, 2011 at 10:15 AM Post #3,296 of 7,464

Quote:
I've been listening to a ton of Dave Carter lately for my Folk fix. They sound sooooo good for Folk music.

Nice, the only album I have is Drum Hat Buddha, feel free to PM me recs on others I should add to my collection.

Quote:
Amps - my vote is headroom, or other neutral to warm solid state.

I'd been leaning towards the HDP but our taste is similar enough I'll definitely look towards headroom first. 

Apr 20, 2011 at 2:43 PM Post #3,297 of 7,464

Got in my D100 today. Working like a charm. I have to pick up a COAX cable today to get the DVD player on it.

Also. Holy crap I love the flat top. Perfect place for those figures. :D

Apr 20, 2011 at 3:25 PM Post #3,300 of 7,464
I also have Sephiroth and Vincent from FFVII, but they ain't near the audio setup. I had a Yuffie that had a freak accident...she was my favorite too. ;_;

But yeah, I too was getting rid of all my statues, even if it wasn't much. My ex broke my Sephiroth's sword, so he just looks off...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back