Denon AH-D7000
Dec 22, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #2,416 of 7,464

Quote:
Between sololov91 and les_garten, this has become a great, entertaining thread. Thanks gents !
Love the crystals ! 
atsmile.gif

And SpoolinEclipse... congrats on the new cans. And yeah, while they do very well just out of an iPod, they really soar out of some good solid state or tubes.

So, somebody please... a good source for that Grado adapter (or similar) is requested. Thanks.

Glad you enjoyed that...

Unfortunately, I'm not so forthcoming as to divulge where the "best"  and most neutral and detailed crystals can be had...

But I will help with this little tidbit!

http://www.headphone.com/accessories/?mfnID=6

Dec 22, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #2,417 of 7,464
You guys are cracking me up LOL.

Anyway, them are some sweet looking gals you got there SpoolinEclipse, wait till they start whispering sweet nothings in your ears or carry you to faraway lands of musical bliss :).

You know I am sure these cans deserve an awesome amp but I have to say they sound very sweet from my budget desktop rig, my portable amp, and my Auzentech Forte 7.1 sound card, and as Shane has mentioned, even from my iPhone. The improvement from iPhone to any stronger amp is clear and very noticeable, but after that the improvements become much less pronounced which is why I have zero problems recommending this headphone because unlike many top tier headphones it doesn't need an amp that matches it's price to sound great.

Dec 22, 2010 at 9:17 PM Post #2,419 of 7,464

Quote:
A

Dilithium crystals, of course. They rock, and boost bass!  

No offense, but the masses use DiLithium.

The UBER advanced tweaker knows where to get the TriLithium...

The end all and be all of the AudioPhools Crystal tweaks...

These Crystals make Radio Shack cables Rule!

I put these on the cables of my Radio Telescope and was able to hear the resonance of the rings around Uranus!

Dec 22, 2010 at 10:51 PM Post #2,420 of 7,464
Dilithium Phosphate chained to Hydroxide Pentanitride with an octahedral structure.
Clearly inferior to oxygen free copper with a deuterium core.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:26 PM Post #2,422 of 7,464

here, click on the link, it takes you to dealzon, then click on "get deal" it then takes you to electronic expo, then click on add to card and then paste the promotional/coupon (from dealzon) and you can get them for 584.88

http://dealzon.com/deals/denon-ah-d7000-headphones

Well I contacted J&R and they would only go to $850. Any other suggestions? Amazon is selling them for 700$ through Elec Expo, but is there better anywhere?

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:30 PM Post #2,423 of 7,464

Quote:
here, click on the link, it takes you to dealzon, then click on "get deal" it then takes you to electronic expo, then click on add to card and then paste the promotional/coupon (from dealzon) and you can get them for 584.88

Well I contacted J&R and they would only go to $850. Any other suggestions? Amazon is selling them for 700$ through Elec Expo, but is there better anywhere?

link takes you to electronic expo, when you apply the DEALZON code nothing happens. I am looking to get one too. Price now is $706, was $999 yesterday when I looked.

Dec 24, 2010 at 11:42 PM Post #2,424 of 7,464
I tried it myself again and it worked, i get the check out total of 584.88... try going to dealzon.com, then click on the headphone section on the right, then look for the D7000's, copy the code, which its "DEALZON" ... click on "get deal" then takes to you to electronics-expo's page, then add the phones to cart, then paste the code and apply it... it should work. 

Quote:
Quote:

link takes you to electronic expo, when you apply the DEALZON code nothing happens. I am looking to get one too. Price now is $706, was $999 yesterday when I looked.

Dec 25, 2010 at 12:15 AM Post #2,426 of 7,464

Quote:
Just tried it and it worked, thanks $594.87 shipped via amazon payment. I can not wait to get

Sweet deal man! congrats! i didn't get the D7000's because they were still out of my budget, but i did get the HD650's for 328.00! (ebay) which is what i wanted this time around, but i will keep checking dealzon.com through out the year to see if the denon's will be on sale again, and hopefully i will have a bit more $$ in the ol'bank account! 

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:22 AM Post #2,428 of 7,464
friend of mine graciously allowed me to borrow his Denon AH-D7000s...simply breathtaking.  I never knew a headphone could sound so authoritative in it's sound delivery.  Most headphones (especially in the bass department) while they can sound nice just don't sound real.  These really put a thump in the music.  Granted they're not perfect cans (comparing them against my HD595 and my buddy's HD650s all side by side by side) with tracks that have a considerable amount of hiss in their natural recording the Denon's can really accentuate the hissing.  Beatles - Come Together is a track that really sounds better on the Sennheiser's.  Anyways, I know what I'm buying now.  :)

These things are insanely good.  Any thoughts on the Lawton Audio mods?  I really don't hear all this "bass vibrating the chassis" and a few have told me that while the Lawton Audio lineup sounds astounding I've also heard it can tame the bass (which is something I wouldn't want).  I'm more a rocker and techno head than a jazz and acoustic listener. 

Dec 25, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #2,429 of 7,464

Quote:
friend of mine graciously allowed me to borrow his Denon AH-D7000s...simply breathtaking.  I never knew a headphone could sound so authoritative in it's sound delivery.  Most headphones (especially in the bass department) while they can sound nice just don't sound real.  These really put a thump in the music.  Granted they're not perfect cans (comparing them against my HD595 and my buddy's HD650s all side by side by side) with tracks that have a considerable amount of hiss in their natural recording the Denon's can really accentuate the hissing.  Beatles - Come Together is a track that really sounds better on the Sennheiser's.  Anyways, I know what I'm buying now.  :)

These things are insanely good.  Any thoughts on the Lawton Audio mods?  I really don't hear all this "bass vibrating the chassis" and a few have told me that while the Lawton Audio lineup sounds astounding I've also heard it can tame the bass (which is something I wouldn't want).  I'm more a rocker and techno head than a jazz and acoustic listener. 

If you search around here, there are a few that have heard both with and without the Lawton mods.  I never felt the need for them.  I did get the J$ pads, and I feel they are a worthwhile upgrade, both comfort and sound.

Dec 26, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #2,430 of 7,464

Quote:

I did the Lawton Mod myself, $250. Packed the cups with one circle each of dynamat, and the outer rings for the drivers. Much better control. As for the cups, I don't know if they made the difference or the dynamat, but the bass did come up a couple of notches. I think with better bass control the mids and treble smoothed out a little.

My advice, if ya don't mind taking your cups off, put some dynamt in there and see if you like it. Should tighten it up a bit. But the LA cups are heavier and bigger, maybe they do offer some more stability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back