Denon AH-D7000
Dec 22, 2010 at 8:47 AM Post #2,402 of 7,464

Quote:
im sorry dude... but i guess there will be lots of people want to know the differences between those cables. since u have explained it, im sure they would know which one is the best

There is no "best" in terms of SQ, but there is a best in terms of functionality.

Like I said before, choose the one that will be suit how you will use the device. Other than mechanical differences, there are none well of course not counting looks and price.

If you are going to use it on a desk, something rigid is fine.

If you are on the go, make sure you are not putting stress on the mini TRS in of your DAP with the adapter. The grado one is good, and so is the quables one... and the ALO one looks great too. that means if your ipod is in your pocket, and you walk around, and you stress the jack every time the leg with your ipod takes a step... this is bad news and is a disaster waiting to happen. Avoid this.

Furthermore, you do not need to spend so much money on a simple adapter... if you are a cable believer, then you will believe that adding an adapter is putting more "on the chain" and is a bad thing... so you are already lowering the SQ.

Take an ipod for example, the amp jack and wiring, and everything inside is of WAY less quality than the ALO cable... but the signal still has to pass through it, to the adapter, to the headphone... so the ALO cable won't make a difference because portable players are not hi-fi enough even if cables did make a diff. They are the bottleneck. It is impossible for a cable to make something "better", it can only keep the signal pure (IE how it was when it left the output -which all non severed cables do) so adding an extra cable to the mix, and spending a ton of money on it because you are worried about SQ is supremely ironic and I hope you understand this.

If you need the bling and have cash to spend on nothing, go for the ALO one.

If you are rational and value your money, get the grado one or something similar.

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:38 PM Post #2,403 of 7,464

Quote:
are you going out of your way to waste your cash? I accept paypal donations if you have too much money.

Go to the dollar store and get an adapter, or radio shack, or best buy. Then, paypal me the difference of the adapter and the ALO cable. I will phone you, and cast a spell on the dollar store adapter and it will work even better than the ALO one!

Of course, if you can't hear any improvements it is only because your ears are not up to snuff.

Seriously, bring this cable crud to another thread.

It is a simple adapter if you want to waste your cash, go ahead but please don't fill our thread with it.

There is something I'm not sure you are aware of. 

It's kind of a secret amongst the tweakers

... That they don't want you to know about....

You can take those Radio Shack adapters and apply crystals to them and get the exact same effect that you get applying the crystals to the high end stuff!!  Didn't know that one did you...

So it is UBER smart to get the cheap cables and apply the crystals to them.

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:54 PM Post #2,404 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
are you going out of your way to waste your cash? I accept paypal donations if you have too much money.

Go to the dollar store and get an adapter, or radio shack, or best buy. Then, paypal me the difference of the adapter and the ALO cable. I will phone you, and cast a spell on the dollar store adapter and it will work even better than the ALO one!

Of course, if you can't hear any improvements it is only because your ears are not up to snuff.

It is a simple adapter if you want to waste your cash, go ahead but please don't fill our thread with it.

You can take those Radio Shack adapters and apply crystals to them and get the exact same effect that you get applying the crystals to the high end stuff!!  Didn't know that one did you...

What have you brought upon we cable unbelievers?  Now the cable gods at Pear will strike us down WITH THEIR CABLE DEMON MAGIC!
But seriously, cables can't make a difference unless they somehow color the sound.  Their only purpose is to transfer the signal, and as sokolov said, keep it pure.  Sure, make it more durable and maybe smack some cloth on it.  But actual sound quality cannot be altered.  I have a friend and fellow a head-fi'er, who knows a cable maker that charges $100 a foot for gold helix cables.  He was even thinking of making a 'top-of-the-line' cable and putting it in a $1200 designer bag to sell.  411, cable makers are often times just trying to make an extra 2,000 dollars on a product that cost them 3 cents a foot to make.

Dec 22, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #2,405 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:

LOL
smile.gif

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #2,407 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:

I have tried this, but my proprietary spell to remove EMI and RMI and all that stuff is FAR better although the crystals do make KNIGHT AND DAI difference.  You are too kind for spreading this secret.

Dec 22, 2010 at 3:54 PM Post #2,409 of 7,464
Thanks!  I'll be using the NFB-12 when it ships, for now im using a u-dac... :x  I can already tell the poor little udac is struggling, but the sound is still very nice.

Dec 22, 2010 at 4:10 PM Post #2,410 of 7,464

Quote:
Thanks!  I'll be using the NFB-12 when it ships, for now im using a u-dac... :x  I can already tell the poor little udac is struggling, but the sound is still very nice.

From my experience, for what it is worth, the D7000 REALLY likes amps that have tons of current... the bass sounds nicer and everything else cleaner too

If the NFB-12 is ANYTHING like my combo (phoenix + ref 7) , which I would imagine is not so far off due to diminishing returns... you are in for one hell of a ride :wink:

Dec 22, 2010 at 5:00 PM Post #2,412 of 7,464
Between sololov91 and les_garten, this has become a great, entertaining thread. Thanks gents !
Love the crystals ! 
atsmile.gif

And SpoolinEclipse... congrats on the new cans. And yeah, while they do very well just out of an iPod, they really soar out of some good solid state or tubes.

So, somebody please... a good source for that Grado adapter (or similar) is requested. Thanks.

Dec 22, 2010 at 6:45 PM Post #2,414 of 7,464

Quote:
Fo9r anyone wanting new ones Electronic Expo had a 40 percent off coupon MERRY and they come out to 584.00 plus shipping

So Frank... you going to try them again? 
wink_face.gif

atsmile.gif

Happy Holidays to you!

Dec 22, 2010 at 7:34 PM Post #2,415 of 7,464

Quote:
Quote:
Fo9r anyone wanting new ones Electronic Expo had a 40 percent off coupon MERRY and they come out to 584.00 plus shipping

So Frank... you going to try them again? 
wink_face.gif

atsmile.gif

Happy Holidays to you!

Shane if I wasnt so broke I would order them in a minute. I loved those cans. I am waiting as my new amp was just shipped and it is for low impedance cans so it would be dynamite for the denon but I am afraid i may want to upgrade my speakers next. Will see what January brings. but hell for the money they are a steal and still my favorite rock and percussion can

Users who are viewing this thread

Back