Quote:

Originally Posted by Nachkebia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
AH-D10000 with better isolation, I am buying it even if they are $2000
darthsmile.gif

more like $10,000
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:18 PM Post #1,713 of 7,462
Hi.

I am just wondering, has anyone of you dear fellows have encountered any fatigue while listening to D7000 ?
For me it's all good for some time. But after 2-3 hours of listening it is getting on my nerve so I do have to switch to open cans (HD650) and the problem is gone.

I do not listen to music in high volumes with D7000. Max it is at 9 o'clock (RWA Isbellina HPA).

Thank you for your thoughts
wink.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 8:20 PM Post #1,714 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by carm /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi.

I am just wondering, has anyone of you dear fellows have encountered any fatigue while listening to D7000 ?
For me it's all good for some time. But after 2-3 hours of listening it is getting on my nerve so I do have to switch to open cans (HD650) and the problem is gone.

I do not listen to music in high volumes with D7000. Max it is at 9 o'clock (RWA Isbellina HPA).

Thank you for your thoughts
wink.gif

I have never had fatigue with my D7000s until I put on the J$ ear-pads, but even then it was very small and I think I'm starting to get used to it. I think some people's ears/brain prefer an open rather than closed headphone. It may also be your source/amp; if the sound is too bright you will feel fatigue quicker.

Feb 28, 2010 at 9:15 PM Post #1,716 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmmm, well before installing the J$ pads I had absolutely no fatigue. Last night I kept listening with the J$ pads and the fatigue seemed to decrease, so maybe they just take time to get used to. I can safely say that I'll never get rid of or stop using these headphones... unless Denon makes an AH-D10000.
biggrin.gif

I think the pads change the sonic character of the D7000s from a tiny bit bloated to a little bit of a "hallway" presentation. Sometimes I think about putting back on my original pads, and I've already tried to talk JMoney into making a "stock" set with no success. So it's not just you.

Feb 28, 2010 at 10:20 PM Post #1,717 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
<..> I think some people's ears/brain prefer an open rather than closed headphone.
<..> if the sound is too bright you will feel fatigue quicker.

Thank you for your opinion
wink.gif

I was using open cans for almost a year, no wonder fatigue is kicking
L3000.gif

It is shame to say, but I was also listening to some mp3...
rolleyes.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 12:48 AM Post #1,718 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well quite simply there wasn't really anything to fault. The mids and highs were very clean and well separated, and the bass was controlled, it didn't muddle up the mids. Most importantly the music was thoroughly enjoyable!

The particular setup wasn't ideal, but I would use NOS tubes and give it better ICs and powersupply to hear it at its best.

cmk, thanks a lot. I am SOO looking forward to hearing the RP-08 drive my LA7000s - they are so musical, but they are also quick and accurate, and I'm wondering if SS drive may be too much. Mind you, the RP010B is leagues ahead of my old SP amp.

I got some of what others might be calling "fatigue" before mine were really broken in - there was almost an edge, and I think that having a little tubey-ness, not much just a little, might be a huge advantage.

Now that they are well-broken in, though, and by that I mean well over 300 hrs, I put them down after each CD just because I have so many wonderful new aural memories --- sort of like dark chocolate, I can only eat so much at one time !!!!!

atsmile.gif

Mar 1, 2010 at 1:12 AM Post #1,719 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by budx3385 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wonderful new aural memories --- sort of like dark chocolate, I can only eat so much at one time !!!!!

atsmile.gif

Dark chocolate, that's a good analogy.
L3000.gif

As for the comments about fatigue, usually when the brain has too much information to process, it will get tired initially. This happens with the D7k. However over time, I sort of got used to use and then settled into enjoying the new aural memories, well sort of...I'm still getting there. Similar to after I got the Esoteric P5/D5, there was sooooo much musical detail.

The good thing about the Cyber30 (2A3c tubes) is that it places the emphasis on the mids-highs and tempo, and matches the D7k very well in that respect, so that it compliments the music. The important parts of the music get emphasized, even though all the detail is there.

The only time I felt it was a bit too much was with certain music where there's already a lot of high freq energy - some rock, which then can be too much, so I switched to the Diva (Amperex 6DJ8 tubes) and then it was fine.

Mar 2, 2010 at 12:47 AM Post #1,720 of 7,462
Just put on the J$ earpads. Hmmm I really wished it was easier to remove the earpads so I can compare the differences. Soundwise the I felt like it has lost some of its boominess. But in exchange it gained sharper punches. I still have the sibilance, although more or less I can't remember. Like I said its hard to compare when you can't A/B it within a few second intervals.

Comfort wise, the old pads were more comfy since it was softer but leather gets softer with more wears so I'm hoping it will break in soon.

In the end I definitely don't regret getting these as when this is supposed to be the end of the end for desktop headphones for me, might as well pimp it all the way up right?

But soundwise I can't remember for the life of me how the old D7000 sounds but right now it doesn't sound bad at all =]

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:20 AM Post #1,721 of 7,462
Took me less than 20 seconds to remove one pad of the d7000's, less than 10 seconds for the other one. I have no idea why its taking so many people hours to complete, most likely different mechanisms between headphones.... I just inserted my index finger in between the metal and the pad, and my thumb on the outside part of the pad, squeezed and turned it, and it came off....

Mar 2, 2010 at 2:25 AM Post #1,722 of 7,462
cmk;6440886 said:
The good thing about the Cyber30 (2A3c tubes) is that it places the emphasis on the mids-highs and tempo, and matches the D7k very well in that respect, so that it compliments the music. The important parts of the music get emphasized, even though all the detail is there.
QUOTE]

That Cyber30 looks like the Melody I2a3 that got such a nice review on 6moons. I'd like to hear that. But --- I don't see a headphone jack in the online documentation. Are you using the speaker outputs???? The impedance on the D7000s is not that low!

confused_face.gif

Mar 2, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #1,723 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLaYDeMOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Took me less than 20 seconds to remove one pad of the d7000's, less than 10 seconds for the other one. I have no idea why its taking so many people hours to complete, most likely different mechanisms between headphones.... I just inserted my index finger in between the metal and the pad, and my thumb on the outside part of the pad, squeezed and turned it, and it came off....

That didn't work for me. For one of them I took off the pad before the ring. For the other one I listened the TheAudioDude's advice and prodded the clip with a screwdriver and then twisted it off.

Mar 2, 2010 at 5:44 AM Post #1,724 of 7,462
just put j$ pads on the d7000's...

heaven.

I can't wait to do the dynamat mod

Mar 2, 2010 at 6:37 AM Post #1,725 of 7,462
budx3385;6444203 said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
QUOTE]

That Cyber30 looks like the Melody I2a3 that got such a nice review on 6moons. I'd like to hear that. But --- I don't see a headphone jack in the online documentation. Are you using the speaker outputs???? The impedance on the D7000s is not that low!

confused_face.gif

The Cyber30 is very different from the Melody. Whereas the Melody is a push-pull design, the Cyber30 is pure singled ended triode.
The headphone jack is right in front with the switch between the headphone and speaker output.

Cyber-30.jpg

Link to the Cyber 30:
Cyber30

Users who are viewing this thread

Back