Denon AH-D7000
Feb 24, 2010 at 5:35 AM Post #1,681 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The D5000 and D7000 are radically different in the upper bass and mid bass, IMHO.

Fair enough, but I assume that the Dynamat mod'ing procedure behaves similarly for each of the above(?). In a positive way, essentially.

Feb 24, 2010 at 6:32 AM Post #1,682 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLaYDeMOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yea I forgot that could be a reason too, as I can only use them w/ my Denon Receiver right now cuz its the only thing I have that has a 1/4" output... ordered an adapter though....

It's a huge reason.
atsmile.gif

Feb 25, 2010 at 1:09 AM Post #1,683 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need an amp with cajones, my friend. Makes all the difference on larger cans.

Exactly...cajones! It (or should I say: they) can make your cans go from meh...to holy cow!

Feb 26, 2010 at 7:18 AM Post #1,684 of 7,462
any good desktop amp suggestions for the d7000's? I was looking at the rudistor nx-02 or the head-direct ef5, as I am pretty sure that my xonar d2x is not enough to drive these. I preferably don't need a dac, as i'll just send the audio from the d2x to the amp, but i'm open to any ideas
smily_headphones1.gif

Feb 26, 2010 at 1:30 PM Post #1,685 of 7,462
I'm very happy with the Consonance Cyber30 driving the D7k. Listening now to Pearlman with Argerich playing Beethoven Kreutzer violin sonata at the Saratoga Performing Arts Center USA (live recording), its as if I'm there in the front row listening to this performance. So direct and personal is the reproduction that I hear all the harmonics and over and under tones with the grand piano and violin.

Feb 26, 2010 at 6:09 PM Post #1,686 of 7,462
I am sure the Rudi should be fine. I use the with its bigger brothers the RPX-33 MkII and the RP010B and they are a great match. Very musical.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com
Feb 26, 2010 at 6:59 PM Post #1,687 of 7,462
For the heads up, AAFES online sends out 15%off coupons to those who register for enewsletter. Can get d7000 for $799 - 15% off. $680 free shipping, no tax.

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:03 AM Post #1,688 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure the Rudi should be fine. I use the with its bigger brothers the RPX-33 MkII and the RP010B and they are a great match. Very musical.

I would generally prefer tubes and having heard the RP08 with the D7k, I would agree it is a very very good amp. Needs some warm up, but after that, very enjoyable.

As with all high end electronics, care must be taken to ensure that the power supply and cables are capable of bringing out the best of the rest of the system, else you are really wasting money on the other components. My philosophy has always been that the system is only as good as the weakest link.

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:06 AM Post #1,689 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For the heads up, AAFES online sends out 15%off coupons to those who register for enewsletter. Can get d7000 for $799 - 15% off. $680 free shipping, no tax.

Damn, you should have told me earlier...
mad.gif

Anyway, its already water under the bridge, and I like to buy cans which I have heard first for fear of getting a lemon, so I bought it from my preferred supplier while back in Singapore.

Anyway, what's the link for this online store?

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:09 AM Post #1,690 of 7,462
Aafes.com

Feb 27, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #1,691 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would generally prefer tubes and having heard the RP08 with the D7k, I would agree it is a very very good amp. Needs some warm up, but after that, very enjoyable.

As with all high end electronics, care must be taken to ensure that the power supply and cables are capable of bringing out the best of the rest of the system, else you are really wasting money on the other components. My philosophy has always been that the system is only as good as the weakest link.

My D7000s sounded amazing with my MAD Ear+HD tube amp! But I could not use the higher gain 12AX7 tube...way too hot with too much buzz/hum. With the lower gain 5751, they were just great!

As you can tell, I am a pretty big tube fan
wink.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 4:16 AM Post #1,693 of 7,462
I still say theyre fake.

Wow, you guys sure know how to take a joke pretty darn far!

Even getting many people to post all over Head-Fi and the internet about these supposed 7000's...lol

biggrin.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #1,694 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My D7000s sounded amazing with my MAD Ear+HD tube amp! But I could not use the higher gain 12AX7 tube...way too hot with too much buzz/hum. With the lower gain 5751, they were just great!

As you can tell, I am a pretty big tube fan
wink.gif

Well I have difficult choice of pure singled ended 2A3 or 6DJ8 sound.
wink_face.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 7:51 PM Post #1,695 of 7,462
Whew... finally got one earpad off after trying for about an hour and a half. I swear, it's impossible unless you remove the pad without removing the plastic piece.

When twisting and turning, I noticed that the earpad tended to slip off of the white ring. I went with that idea, and took the earpad off while keeping the white ring on the headphones. What everyone doesn't tell you is, the tabs on the white ring are held back by a tiny outward dimple, on the metal housing. Even trying to pry it off with my thumbnails didn't get it anywhere close to clearing that tiny metal protrusion.

I took a tiny screwdriver and manually (and gently and slowly) pried each of the four tabs to the middle of the metal dimple. Once I was at that point, I could lay the earpad onto the white ring and get it the rest of the way with my palm.

Never in a million years would I have been able to get it off just by simply pushing my palm against the earpad and turning. It's simply impossible to exert enough force. I have no clue how everyone did it.
confused_face(1).gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back