Denon AH-D7000
Feb 27, 2010 at 7:54 PM Post #1,696 of 7,462
^ it was pain in the ***** for me too, took at least an hour but it is worth it, ones you put those marvelous jpads..

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM Post #1,697 of 7,462
Holy crap. I just got the 2nd earpad off with the palm method... my first try. I guess once you know/see how it actually interlocks, it's easier.
redface.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #1,698 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by musicman59 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I am sure the Rudi should be fine. I use the with its bigger brothers the RPX-33 MkII and the RP010B and they are a great match. Very musical.

I second musicman59's recommendation. I listen to my balanced LA7000s (ie markl-modded D7000s) now every day with the Rudistor RP010B. In fact, my more expensive and carefully tweaked speaker rig hasn't been on for several weeks.

Every CD is an enormous pleasure, whether it's simple piano music (like the fantastic duet disk by Katia and Marielle Lebesque) or more modern stuff (like Tom Wait's Mule Variations, which just arrived - wow). Musical bliss!!!

darthsmile.gif

Feb 27, 2010 at 8:53 PM Post #1,699 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I would generally prefer tubes and having heard the RP08 with the D7k, I would agree it is a very very good amp. Needs some warm up, but after that, very enjoyable.

cmk, I just ordered the RP-08, based on my feelings about Rudi's design work. Could you say a few more words about your impressions on the RP-08 SQ with the D7000s?

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:01 PM Post #1,700 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whew... finally got one earpad off after trying for about an hour and a half. I swear, it's impossible unless you remove the pad without removing the plastic piece.

When twisting and turning, I noticed that the earpad tended to slip off of the white ring. I went with that idea, and took the earpad off while keeping the white ring on the headphones. What everyone doesn't tell you is, the tabs on the white ring are held back by a tiny outward dimple, on the metal housing. Even trying to pry it off with my thumbnails didn't get it anywhere close to clearing that tiny metal protrusion.

I took a tiny screwdriver and manually (and gently and slowly) pried each of the four tabs to the middle of the metal dimple. Once I was at that point, I could lay the earpad onto the white ring and get it the rest of the way with my palm.

Never in a million years would I have been able to get it off just by simply pushing my palm against the earpad and turning. It's simply impossible to exert enough force. I have no clue how everyone did it.
confused_face(1).gif

HOW DO THEY SOUND? Mine should have been here friday but headroom needs sigs on all the packages so I missed it and now have to wait until monday =[

Feb 27, 2010 at 9:40 PM Post #1,701 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
HOW DO THEY SOUND? Mine should have been here friday but headroom needs sigs on all the packages so I missed it and now have to wait until monday =[

I haven't had a chance to listen yet, but I'll give them a shot later tonight after dinner. They are fairly comfortable, but do need a lot of softening up. I've never extended the band on my headphones, but now I have to extend it two clicks out so that it doesn't squeeze the top of my head.

The D7000s truly look like this now ->
darthsmile.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 12:24 AM Post #1,702 of 7,462
It's been months since I installed my Jmoney's but it couldn't have taken more than five minutes total, easy is the way I would describe the install.

As far as what the 7000's are selling for goes; They are a legitimate $1000 headphone. I haven't listened to the T1's yet, but I prefer the 7000's over any of the current dynamic competition.

Denon has obviously tightened its distribution and or dealers are tired of not making any money on them. Just because some of us were able to purchase a set cheaper early on does not mean that they are not worth the current selling price. I prefer the 7000's to the HD800's so even at retail I consider them a bargain.

Feb 28, 2010 at 2:46 AM Post #1,703 of 7,462
You need an amp with cojones = Testicles (power in this case) not with cajones = Drawers
wink.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need an amp with cajones, my friend. Makes all the difference on larger cans.

Exactly...Cojones!
wink.gif
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Exactly...cajones! It (or should I say: they) can make your cans go from meh...to holy cow!

Feb 28, 2010 at 4:49 AM Post #1,704 of 7,462
WWWOOOWWW the J$ ear-pads are definitely worth the upgrade!
darthsmile.gif
tongue_smile.gif
beerchug.gif
biggrin.gif

The comfort is actually really amazing, considering how stiff they are. The clamping is incredibly light and you can forget the fact that you have headphones on.

The changes in sound are subtle, but they all come together to make the music so much better. The soundstage is incredible. The sound used to be sort of on top of my head and a little bit on the sides. Now it's projected outward a bit and it's has a three-dimensional quality. It no longer sounds like the music is playing inside my head. In the words of McDonald's, "I'm lovin' it!"
tongue_smile.gif

The Eagles - Hotel California, from Hell Freezes Over, sounds so amazing. I had to smile when they began hitting that huge drum in the beginning and the audience cheered a bit.

Bass seems unchanged but a tad refined. Sibilance is very tamed, which is what I've been looking for the entire time I've had these headphones (different tubes help, but I want a more permanent and concrete solution). Drums and guitars are more detailed. They really push the D7000s to a higher level. I'm going to go enjoy the music now!

EDIT:

I don't know if this is because I ate too much at dinner (half of a large pizza and cake owww), but I think I'm getting a tiny bit of fatigue. Has anyone else experienced this, barring any stomach aches?

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:12 AM Post #1,705 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilashort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need an amp with cojones = Testicles (power in this case) not with cajones = Drawers
wink.gif

Exactly...Cojones!
wink.gif

Ha! I learned something today...man, I've been messing up the spelling of that for eons. Cojones it is.
ksc75smile.gif

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:15 AM Post #1,706 of 7,462
Yep. Any Denon DX000 owner is really missing out if he/she doesn't get a pair of J$ pads. Best money I've spent on listening equipment.

BTW...I've been enjoying my D7000's from my MKIVse for quite a while now. I don't know about amps with "cajones" but I don't find myself thinking: "man, my music is really lacking <insert adjective>".

Feb 28, 2010 at 5:20 AM Post #1,707 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by cswann1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep. Any Denon DX000 owner is really missing out if he/she doesn't get a pair of J$ pads. Best money I've spent on listening equipment.

BTW...I've been enjoying my D7000's from my MKIVse for quite a while now. I don't know about amps with "cajones" but I don't find myself thinking: "man, my music is really lacking <insert adjective>".

Totally. They are a must for these headphones.

Same here on the amp. The day I say my WA22 doesn't have enough cojones is the day it blows up from over-use.
tongue_smile.gif
But then again, if an amp blows up, that means it must have some major cojones.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:22 AM Post #1,708 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by budx3385 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
cmk, I just ordered the RP-08, based on my feelings about Rudi's design work. Could you say a few more words about your impressions on the RP-08 SQ with the D7000s?

Well quite simply there wasn't really anything to fault. The mids and highs were very clean and well separated, and the bass was controlled, it didn't muddle up the mids. Most importantly the music was thoroughly enjoyable!

The particular setup wasn't ideal, but I would use NOS tubes and give it better ICs and powersupply to hear it at its best.

Feb 28, 2010 at 6:31 AM Post #1,709 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheAudioDude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I don't know if this is because I ate too much at dinner (half of a large pizza and cake owww), but I think I'm getting a tiny bit of fatigue. Has anyone else experienced this, barring any stomach aches?

Yep, I get some fatigue with the D7000's. J$'s helped a very little. I just got back from the northern california meet, where I got to try out some nice tube amps and a couple of different solid state amps. I'm begining to think my Dynalo might be little bit of the cause. I think most of it comes from the D7000 being closed, with pretty strong bass volume, or power or SPL, whatever description one chooses. I got to audition the HD800's as well. If I didn't need closed cans, I'd totally buy them. Also got to audition FrankCooter's DX-1000. A nice nice closed can, and different from the D7000's. Not different enough the own both, and not different enough to make me want to switch.

Feb 28, 2010 at 3:59 PM Post #1,710 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by aamefford /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yep, I get some fatigue with the D7000's. J$'s helped a very little. I just got back from the northern california meet, where I got to try out some nice tube amps and a couple of different solid state amps. I'm begining to think my Dynalo might be little bit of the cause. I think most of it comes from the D7000 being closed, with pretty strong bass volume, or power or SPL, whatever description one chooses. I got to audition the HD800's as well. If I didn't need closed cans, I'd totally buy them. Also got to audition FrankCooter's DX-1000. A nice nice closed can, and different from the D7000's. Not different enough the own both, and not different enough to make me want to switch.

Hmmm, well before installing the J$ pads I had absolutely no fatigue. Last night I kept listening with the J$ pads and the fatigue seemed to decrease, so maybe they just take time to get used to. I can safely say that I'll never get rid of or stop using these headphones... unless Denon makes an AH-D10000.
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back