Denon AH-D7000
Feb 24, 2010 at 3:34 AM Post #1,666 of 7,462
I'm sure you will enjoy these hi-res cans, musical and detailed.

When paired with my Cyber30, the soundstage is big and the music enveloping.
o2smile.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:35 AM Post #1,667 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by sLaYDeMOn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
just bought the jmoney pads from headroom for the d7000's
smily_headphones1.gif

Did you try yet?
Any difference on sound?

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:38 AM Post #1,668 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try yet?
Any difference on sound?

I would say that the J$ pads are a must with the D7000s. They really tighten up the bass, improve the sound stage and comfort...all for only $55. I found zero negatives with them.

Feb 24, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #1,669 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by MacedonianHero /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think you will love them. I noticed that you owned the Westone 3s and IMO, the D7000s would be the full can version. A full home theater in a headphone!

I am so excited as of now !! I read lot of threads regarding d7000 and you had the best information & first person experience I could get.. Thank You
.. Out of all my iems and cans, westone 3 is the only one I could listen for long period of time without getting fatigue..or headache.

Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm sure you will enjoy these hi-res cans, musical and detailed.

When paired with my Cyber30, the soundstage is big and the music enveloping.
o2smile.gif

Thank You
smile_phones.gif
It took me sometime to decide but weeks spending on this forum helped..

Quote:

I would say that the J$ pads are a must with the D7000s. They really tighten up the bass, improve the sound stage and comfort...all for only $55. I found zero negatives with them.

I think soon as I receive the d7000, I will order J$.. I will use J$ as a primary and stock as a backup.. I like the advice you give on regarding soundstage, tighter bass, and comfort.. All three benefits for $55 sounds good.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #1,670 of 7,462
Quote:

I agree with this quite a bit. There is just something very magical and complete that the J$ pads bring to the equation. The bass is improved and the aural picture gets "stretched" to accommodate more headstage without any loss of detail. The MD5000's with J$ pads are surreal, as I would also expect teamed up with the D7000's. The only minor issue being that my head is large and the headphones need to be on the biggest setting to fit best. They also look mighty dorky, sticking an inordinate amount from your head. Sacrifices, sacrifices...
redface.gif

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:35 AM Post #1,671 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by AudioHi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Did you try yet?
Any difference on sound?

I am receiving them tomorrow, headroom's takin awhile, I also had to order a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, as only my home theater receiver has a 1/4 output, and my pc only has 1/8, which I intend to use it with.

Since I got the d7000's last wednesday, I am amazed at how freaking AWESOME these headphones are. I am just amazed about how detailed these are! The bass is kinda crappy. I mean its there, but its not too clear.... hoping that'll clear up after burn in...

I also ordered dynamat xtreme to do the markl mod on them, got 2 x 10in^2 on amazon for 15 bux. I'm gonna attach the j$ pads and the dynamat tomorrow, I will let you guys know how the process goes :)

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:38 AM Post #1,672 of 7,462
Quote:

I am receiving them tomorrow, headroom's takin awhile, I also had to order a 1/4 to 1/8 adapter, as only my home theater receiver has a 1/4 output, and my pc only has 1/8, which I intend to use it with.

Since I got the d7000's last wednesday, I am amazed at how freaking AWESOME these headphones are. I am just amazed about how detailed these are! The bass is kinda crappy. I mean its there, but its not too clear.... hoping that'll clear up after burn in...

I also ordered dynamat xtreme to do the markl mod on them, got 2 x 10in^2 on amazon for 15 bux. I'm gonna attach the j$ pads and the dynamat tomorrow, I will let you guys know how the process goes :)

Crappy bass? Thats the last thing I'll expect anyone to say about the D7000... The bass is the can's selling point. Anything else the D7000 do is just above average.

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:41 AM Post #1,673 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Crappy bass? Thats the last thing I'll expect anyone to say about the D7000... The bass is the can's selling point. Anything else the D7000 do is just above average.

Ok I shouldnt say crappy, I totally take that back, but from what I've read, I was a lil disappointed.... my audio tech a700's are comparable, a lil worse, but not too far behind.... I'm just hoping the d7000's gets better..., esp after the mod...

Feb 24, 2010 at 4:56 AM Post #1,674 of 7,462
I think the detail level is on another planet.
The bass just needs time (burn in) to develop.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #1,675 of 7,462
Quote:

Ok I shouldnt say crappy, I totally take that back, but from what I've read, I was a lil disappointed.... my audio tech a700's are comparable, a lil worse, but not too far behind.... I'm just hoping the d7000's gets better..., esp after the mod...

Just from you post I brought back out my A700s and a/bed them on "I'm not a hero" from The Dark Knight soundtrack and yes I wouldn't say the D7000s are leaps and bounds better than the A700s in the bass department, it does hit lower and pops the bass of the piece out a lot more. Actually I take back the not leaps and bound part. The D7000 gives imo a whole new different experience than the A700. So many more things from the low end of the sound spectrum pops out. I didn't a/b them with lighter music since that isn't either of these phone's super strong points.

Maybe try and a/b them with some darker bassier music? I also bought the J$ earpads and they are currently shipped.. I hope that "improves" the bass only even further (even though I really don't know how much further it can really go since its already the best bass I have ever heard).

I heard the markL mod only takes away the bass and makes the cans more neutral which I have no idea why anyone want to do that. People should buy the D7000 for what it is and not change it to another Sennheisser wannabe. Plus I refuse to believe anyone who says such "improvements" makes any cans sound exceptionally better than before since good sound is always different from person to person.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:01 AM Post #1,676 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by cmk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the detail level is on another planet.
The bass just needs time (burn in) to develop.

yea i figured, crossin my fingers :-D

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:30 AM Post #1,677 of 7,462
Quote:

You need an amp with cajones, my friend. Makes all the difference on larger cans.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:31 AM Post #1,678 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by happyxix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I heard the markL mod only takes away the bass and makes the cans more neutral which I have no idea why anyone want to do that. People should buy the D7000 for what it is and not change it to another Sennheisser wannabe. Plus I refuse to believe anyone who says such "improvements" makes any cans sound exceptionally better than before since good sound is always different from person to person.

I have a pair of MD5000's and the bass is NOT neutral. It is in your face, prominent, and capable of offering fantastic punch. It is just much more controlled and tightened by the mod. So, however it actually happens, the highs and mid's have a chance to come through more, without the loss of bass range, or most of the visceral "oomph".

(Currently listening to Patti Smith's "Horses" and I can't believe how intimate she sounds on these cans. Sometimes I forget that Denons are also super fantastic for rock of all sorts.
biggrin.gif
)

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #1,679 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by sampson_smith /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a pair of MD5000's and the bass is NOT neutral. It is in your face, prominent, and capable of offering fantastic punch. It is just much more controlled and tightened by the mod. So, however it actually happens, the highs and mid's have a chance to come through more, without the loss of bass range, or most of the visceral "oomph".

The D5000 and D7000 are radically different in the upper bass and mid bass, IMHO.

Feb 24, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #1,680 of 7,462
Quote:

Originally Posted by woof37 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You need an amp with cajones, my friend. Makes all the difference on larger cans.

Yea I forgot that could be a reason too, as I can only use them w/ my Denon Receiver right now cuz its the only thing I have that has a 1/4" output... ordered an adapter though....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back