Denon AH-D2000 - worth the risk?? HELP!
Jan 31, 2012 at 11:39 AM Post #136 of 161

Quote:
with my WA6-SE, the difference between LCD-2 and D2000 is enormous. its night and day, the lcd-2 just sounds more refined in every single aspect, bass goes deeper, much more detail, improved soundstage, the imaging, the highs are smoother, the mids are so much better.

however, i like the d2000 because they are bass monsters, and while the LCD-2 definitely have good bass, the d2000 are way better in terms of bass quantity. 

of course, the lcd-2 are better in every other way. it may not be worth 5x the cost for most people, but the difference is immediately noticeable, theres just no comparing the 2, the LCD are definitely on a higher level.

If you've only had them for a few weeks I think you will be surprised at how detailed and refined they will become over time.  When I first got my pair I thought of them as "fun."  Now they seem more in the league of "reference". (btw I'm referring to the D2000s, haven't heard the LCD-2 but hopefully one day soon I will)

Jan 31, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #137 of 161
Wonder how the LCD-2's compare to the D7k's, or even D5k's. They're much closer in price.

The LCD-2's are definitely the next headphones I'd get if I had the cash. I'd love to listen to them one day.

Jan 31, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #138 of 161
You guys should listen to mogami recabled D2000. OMG I cant believe how much it improved for 20 dollars worth of parts.

Jan 31, 2012 at 10:31 PM Post #139 of 161

Quote:
with my WA6-SE, the difference between LCD-2 and D2000 is enormous. its night and day, the lcd-2 just sounds more refined in every single aspect, bass goes deeper, much more detail, improved soundstage, the imaging, the highs are smoother, the mids are so much better.

however, i like the d2000 because they are bass monsters, and while the LCD-2 definitely have good bass, the d2000 are way better in terms of bass quantity. 

of course, the lcd-2 are better in every other way. it may not be worth 5x the cost for most people, but the difference is immediately noticeable, theres just no comparing the 2, the LCD are definitely on a higher level.

you are making me so excited to buy my LCD2's... its sooo hard waiting until i have my tax return. Audio-GD NFB10SE Should be here soon too, gonna be an awesome couple of months for me, but i still will never part with my beloved modded D2000's.
beerchug.gif

Feb 9, 2012 at 7:03 PM Post #143 of 161
check in electronic expo, i got it few days back. called them to check open box item which is not longer listed in site.
they offered new ones for open box price.

Order Date: February 2, 2012

Denon AHD2000 High Performance Over-Ear Headphones

DENAHD2000 $211.75 Ordered: 1
Shipped: 1
$211.75

Feb 10, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #144 of 161
Ok I figure you guys might like to know that I just got a deal for $210 shipped by calling J&R.

They offered a 29.99 year warranty, I declined. You could also upgrade shipping but 7.84 for two-day shipping wasn't really worth it - god amazon prime makes me spoiled.

Feb 13, 2012 at 9:44 PM Post #145 of 161
I finally got a chance to actually sit and listen to a pair of "broken in" D2000s for an afternoon, on my system, and I was very impressed. I know, I know, but it's the first time I've had a chance to really check them out for more than just a short demo. Rock, soul, blues, jazz, they project the music feel so well. The D7000s are definitely smoother, have a bigger SS, and better bass extension, make no mistake, but they aren't massively superior. Add to that the modding community support, and I can't see how a self-professed head-fier could be without these, unless they already have a pair of the big bros. It really is a case of "big brother, little brother", and I can't believe the value the lesser Denons represent. With a street price of ~$200-250 they're completely unbeatable.

Feb 13, 2012 at 10:09 PM Post #146 of 161

Quote:
I finally got a chance to actually sit and listen to a pair of "broken in" D2000s for an afternoon, on my system, and I was very impressed. I know, I know, but it's the first time I've had a chance to really check them out for more than just a short demo. Rock, soul, blues, jazz, they project the music feel so well. The D7000s are definitely smoother, have a bigger SS, and better bass extension, make no mistake, but they aren't massively superior. Add to that the modding community support, and I can't see how a self-professed head-fier could be without these, unless they already have a pair of the big bros. It really is a case of "big brother, little brother", and I can't believe the value the lesser Denons represent. With a street price of ~$200-250 they're completely unbeatable.

The similarities between each model in the series is staggering.

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:10 AM Post #147 of 161
The similarities between each model in the series is staggering.

In fact, I want to upgrade to d5000/7000 because they should retain the sound signature I've come to really enjpy

Feb 14, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #148 of 161
In fact, I want to upgrade to d5000/7000 because they should retain the sound signature I've come to really enjpy

D7k? Yes. D5k? Not as much.

Feb 14, 2012 at 2:32 AM Post #150 of 161

Quote:
D7k? Yes. D5k? Not as much.

That is interesting considering the D5000 has the same drivers as the D2000. 
Amazing the difference a cable can make, though the D7000 has a different cable than the D2000, as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back