Denon AH-D2000 - worth the risk?? HELP!
Jan 7, 2012 at 5:08 PM Post #76 of 161
I loved my Denon AH-D2000's, smoother sound than my current Sennheiser HD650, great bass, beautifully finished and designed, you won't be disappointed.

Jan 7, 2012 at 5:20 PM Post #77 of 161
i still prefer my hd 650s, but both are equally good i'd say.

the denons are really good in the deep bass. the hd 650s are more audiophile sounding, the denon are funner.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:08 PM Post #80 of 161
To be very honest with you:

I was too a bit concerned regarding just that part of the D2000. I knew about the issues they had with it, and I remember reading somewhere that they fixed them. So when I got them, having all those thoughts in the back of my head, I kind of started babying them. They looked and felt so poorly made and the last thing I wanted was for them to break in some ridiculous accident.

However, with use and reason I am kind of starting to rely on the build quality. They are actually a bit more rugged than the pictures and their past reputation gives them credit for. I still use them carefully, but really, unless you start throwing them around you or using them as hammers - they'll hold. Use them with care, treat like the excellent and expensive headphones that they are - and you'll be fine.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:11 PM Post #81 of 161

Quote:
Btw, how strong is this joint? 

It kind of looks... breakable, very small joint.

Stable i personally never had a problem with that screw and joint.But i also never do any strenuous activity with them.So if your use is just for set back and relax you should be fine.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:33 PM Post #82 of 161
Well, i guess im gonna buy the Denon 2000 instead of the Ultrasone 900s
I see they have better sound, overall. And they seem very solid after all.
I guess i can carefully take the D2000 outside, right?
Oh, and one last thing, what about the cable? i know you cant detach it from the headphones, which worries me because i hate when the cable gets hurt, and ruins the whole thing (Has happened to me with some headset with usb connector -.-).

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:45 PM Post #83 of 161

Quote:
Oh, and one last thing, what about the cable? i know you cant detach it from the headphones, which worries me because i hate when the cable gets hurt, and ruins the whole thing (Has happened to me with some headset with usb connector -.-).

I wouldn't call it better, but it is more mellow/laid-back, works better with all music (the Pro 900 outshines D2000 with EDM) and forgiving than the Pro 900s when it comes to poorly recorded material. Pro 900 are a fair bit more aggressive; if the D2000 gently strokes your cheek with beautiful sound, the Pro 900 will mash it's fist through your face. Plus, S-logic of the Pro 900 doesn't work well for everybody..

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #84 of 161

Quote:

I've personally never taken my d2000s outside for use but you should be ok as long as your not jogging with them.And the cable is rather long so you would like to keep it in a circle i think it comes with twist tie that should be good to keep it together.

Jan 7, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #85 of 161
That joint is way better than it might look!

Jan 7, 2012 at 8:17 PM Post #86 of 161
and thats metal not plastic, so i think the joint should be ok. they look well built.

Jan 9, 2012 at 4:22 AM Post #87 of 161
Hi guys

I've ordered the Denon D2000's, my curiosity has got the better of me!

I'm also going to purchase a headphone travel bag to store them and keep them safe. I've also found a mod that strengthens the joint.

By the way, are there instructions available anywhere on how to take the headphones apart??? I've tried looking but i can't spot any thorough ones...

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:15 PM Post #88 of 161

Quote:
Hi guys

I'm also going to purchase a headphone travel bag to store them and keep them safe. I've also found a mod that strengthens the joint.

By the way, are there instructions available anywhere on how to take the headphones apart??? I've tried looking but i can't spot any thorough ones...

this might help

http://www.head-fi.org/t/382965/denon-recable-guide-56k-friendly-thumbnails-but-large-photos

Jan 9, 2012 at 12:25 PM Post #89 of 161

Quote:
Hi guys

Mine are holding up just fine but I'm curious about this mod -- any links to share?

As far as taking them apart, you can definitely find the instructions for removing the pads and cups on here -- I did when I switched to wood cups.  Not sure how far you're looking to go with taking them apart but the pads and cups are really straight forward.

Jan 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #90 of 161
Thanks Dubstep Girl, perfect!!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back