Denon AH-D2000 - worth the risk?? HELP!
Jan 6, 2012 at 6:52 PM Post #46 of 161
So i just called J&R and asked what their lowest pricing for the D2000s and they gave me $249.99, do I have to negotiate or something to get a lower price or does it vary on the amount of stock they have?

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:07 PM Post #47 of 161
I thought you just gotta let them burn in for 300 hours. Can you still listen to EDM after MarkL mod, I feel like I can't give up any bass.

Quote:
Glad you like them. now start modding them! IMO modding them improves them greatly

Jan 6, 2012 at 7:10 PM Post #48 of 161

Quote:
So i just called J&R and asked what their lowest pricing for the D2000s and they gave me $249.99, do I have to negotiate or something to get a lower price or does it vary on the amount of stock they have?

I bought mine for $226 from amazon i waited for the price to drop.$249 is still worth it.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:19 PM Post #50 of 161

Quote:

Not sure, but I called a few days back and got the same pricing. I tried to negotiate and mentioned that I've heard they were selling them for 200-215 and would like to purchase them in that price range, but the guy told me that that was just forum "BS" and the best he could do was 235 (with the new year's 15 off of a 150 purchase, which ended the 3rd).

I would say 250 is a pretty solid deal for these cans, though.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:21 PM Post #51 of 161
they offered me 230 with a 15 new year discount with dropped it to 215

either way under 250 is a steal for these headphones.

way better than paying 300-350 at other places too.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:33 PM Post #52 of 161

I'm more of the opinion of people's ears burn in, not the gear.  Their hearing becomes accustomed to the headphones.

Quote:
I thought you just gotta let them burn in for 300 hours. Can you still listen to EDM after MarkL mod, I feel like I can't give up any bass.

Jan 6, 2012 at 8:34 PM Post #53 of 161
Denon and Beyer headphones were $100-150 cheaper on amazon a year and a half ago than they are right now. People who got the Denons under $200 probably did so then. I vaguely remember trying to decide if I should shell out $230 for a Beyer 990 or $260 for the Denon D2000. I ended up with a Senn 598 for $160 which I hated. Oh well, live and learn I guess?

And ask anyone whos owned an Ultrasone about burn-in. Its not uncommon for the bass to get a bit loud then disappear for a day or so before coming back. I had a lot of fun with that bass spike, almost thought I killed them when it went away. Some headphones are at their best during burn-in. Its really worth listening to them during it instead of putting them in a drawer and leaving them on 24/7. And I noticed changes with my Grados when I first had them too. I wasn't a member of head-fi back then and knew nothing about burn-in or anything audio related, some guy on amazon said they were amazing for gaming and I got them. I wish I could remember more about it, all I remember is they became easier to listen to, I think the treble might have tightened up.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:00 PM Post #54 of 161
Lol.

There really is no such thing as burn-in.

The truth is, you adjust to the headphones, and your ears and mind get use to them...it's like the sound become apart of you, and that's how you will believe they sound a lot better in the long run as if something better happened with them. If you like them in the beginning, you will like them in the long run.

Haha, burn-in!

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #55 of 161

Quote:
Lol.

There really is no such thing as burn-in.

The truth is, you adjust to the headphones, and your ears and mind get use to them...it's like the sound become apart of you, and that's how you will believe they sound a lot better in the long run as if something better happened with them. If you like them in the beginning, you will like them in the long run.

Haha, burn-in!

o2smile.gif

I'm sure there is some audiophile on this site cringing right now lol.

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #56 of 161
I've owned probably close to 10 different pairs of Denons (D2k, D5k, and D7k) and I've never once had a problem with any screws coming out. 

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:56 PM Post #59 of 161
I've been lurking, doing lots of research and reading in preparation for my first headphone purchase - many thanks to everyone who shares their input and insight in the threads on this forum!

Today I finally ordered the D2000 from J&R!  When I called for a better price, they only wanted to reduce it to $249; but I asked them to match the $200 shipped deal I had seen others get - he wanted to know where I had seen it, and then it was not a problem to get them for the $200 (including shipping).

After so much time reading, I can't wait for them to arrive!

Thanks again to everyone sharing their experiences and reviews.

Quote:
Not sure, but I called a few days back and got the same pricing. I tried to negotiate and mentioned that I've heard they were selling them for 200-215 and would like to purchase them in that price range, but the guy told me that that was just forum "BS" and the best he could do was 235 (with the new year's 15 off of a 150 purchase, which ended the 3rd).

I would say 250 is a pretty solid deal for these cans, though.

Jan 6, 2012 at 11:11 PM Post #60 of 161

Quote:
I've been lurking, doing lots of research and reading in preparation for my first headphone purchase - many thanks to everyone who shares their input and insight in the threads on this forum!

Today I finally ordered the D2000 from J&R!  When I called for a better price, they only wanted to reduce it to $249; but I asked them to match the $200 shipped deal I had seen others get - he wanted to know where I had seen it, and then it was not a problem to get them for the $200 (including shipping).

After so much time reading, I can't wait for them to arrive!

Thanks again to everyone sharing their experiences and reviews.

Congrats on your purchase there phenomenal cans.Just one one tip make sure you get a handle on the cable i keep it in a circle and extende the rest to the source if your not conscious of it it will drive you mad.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back