Denon AH-D2000 - worth the risk?? HELP!
Jan 6, 2012 at 12:31 AM Post #31 of 161

Quote:
J&R just sold me a pair 2 days ago for 215 shipped. 

just called them and asked for best pricing

should arrive by ups sometime tomorrow

Wow thats an awesome deal for a new pair!

Jan 6, 2012 at 12:46 AM Post #33 of 161
Dubstep Girl: have you considered a solid state amp to add to your setup? Tubes are great and all, but from what ive head the Denon's pair much better with a good Solid State amp. YMMV, but i absolutly love mine out of the 3 solid state amps ive heard them with (Ibasso D10 Cobra, Purity Audio K.I.C.A.S., and Audio-GD C2.2)

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:23 AM Post #35 of 161
I am kinda confused. Why would JR sell you the D2000s for a much lower price than what they put on their website? And so all you have to do is call them and ask them what their lowest price is and thats how you got the $215 price tag? 

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:09 AM Post #36 of 161
I am kinda confused. Why would JR sell you the D2000s for a much lower price than what they put on their website? And so all you have to do is call them and ask them what their lowest price is and thats how you got the $215 price tag? 

I'm not sure, but I can verify that they indeed do. I guess its an extra layer of security doing it over the phone? When I got the Senn 598s I got them for $50 less than the site listed I think.

Jan 6, 2012 at 2:22 AM Post #37 of 161
JR seems to do that with almost any headphone. Of course the amount that you save varies. I don't know for sure, but I think it may have to do with the fact that headphone manufacturers don't like it when their authorized retailers advertise a price lower than the MSRP (especially Grado). I'm guessing they lower the price on the phone so they can still get the sale (they're still making good money even with that deal), while keeping the manufacturers happy.

My guess, anyways.

Jan 6, 2012 at 3:51 AM Post #38 of 161
If they explicitly advertise it for that amount on their website, they may end up engaging in a price war, which will be a disadvantage for them. That is not good for JR and the manufacturer. So I'm certain they must do this in secret so long as it doesn't leak out to the mass. From a marketing perspective, they'd want to keep you as their customer, and will expect you to buy more from them because of the low price. Hey, perhaps if you buy often enough and they know you, you might save more (over the phone of course)

Jan 6, 2012 at 10:36 AM Post #39 of 161
JR is very smart when it comes to sales. They will lower the price for you, but not by much. If the AH-D2000 which goes for $200 over the phone is asked to be sold at a lower price, and that price happens to be $180, they WILL take that sale.

Jan 6, 2012 at 1:53 PM Post #40 of 161
i have been looking into buying solid state. but not sure what.

burson ha160 or something along the lines of that.

maybe save up and get a beta 22....hmm...

or i might just keep buying tube amps and get something like the lyr. i've had my eyes on it for quite some time now...

but probably all those are downgrades since the WA6SE is a pretty good amp.

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:27 PM Post #42 of 161
just got the d2000s.

BUY THEM!!!!

they are worth every penny at their price point. you cannot go wrong. 

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:32 PM Post #43 of 161

Quote:
just got the d2000s.

BUY THEM!!!!

they are worth every penny at their price point. you cannot go wrong. 

Glad you like them. now start modding them! IMO modding them improves them greatly

Jan 6, 2012 at 5:56 PM Post #44 of 161
nah, im just keeping them like they are for now, selling them in a couple months, and upgrading to d7000, then i'll mod 
biggrin.gif

Jan 6, 2012 at 6:30 PM Post #45 of 161

Quote:
OP, if portability is a must, have you considered the AH-D1100?  They are much more portable and aren't that far off from the D2K's sound signature. 

disagreed.

I own both and listen to both extensively.

Biggest difference:

D2000: Airy, good soundstage, better highs, deep bass

D1100: small soundstage, impactful bass (hits harder but not as textured as the D2k), mid forward

That's my opinion, I'm rolling with it.

Edit:  I will say you know you're listening to a Denon with the D1100.  It has that Denon house sound that I would say is closely aligned to the D2000s, but it's not same.  Both are very enjoyable, but I consider the D2000 as more of a reference/world class headphone, while the D1100 is more consumer oriented but with audiphile grade clarity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back