Defect on my K701????
Apr 18, 2006 at 5:02 AM Post #61 of 67
My old pair 9I'm seding them in for repair soon because of a stupid rattle) never had this seam you guys speak of...I looked and tested it over and over...no seam.

Darn it, don't you guys want PERFECTION?! Seriously, at this price, it is beyond an expectation for them to pretty much be literally perfect.

Apr 18, 2006 at 5:56 AM Post #62 of 67
Just placed my order for some AKG K701s. Although this defect may not bother some people I too find that this so called defect is unacceptable especially the K701 being their current flagship can in production. I hope quality control will take not of this issue and fix it to avoid any unhappy campers down the road.

To those that are experiencing these defects, if it bothers you I would totally send them back. For all the others that can live with it good for you. I know I couldn't especially for $300.
biggrin.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 11:58 AM Post #64 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
FWIW, the seam seems to be shrinking seemingly the more I use them.

See, the earcup gaps just need a little burn-in! LOL

Apr 18, 2006 at 12:34 PM Post #65 of 67
Heck, I've been so busy listening to them, I've not taken the time to inspect fit and finish. I'm with the other poster in that unless there's an audible flaw, I'm not that concerned about a gap. Heck, maybe mine is the ONE that doesn't have it. Bet that will increase it's value and collector status, no??
very_evil_smiley.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Apr 18, 2006 at 2:13 PM Post #66 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by AtheisticFreedom
Darn it, don't yu guys want PERFECTION?! Seriously, at this price, it is beyond an expectation for them to pretty much be literally perfect.

Sure, but say that in a Grado thread and they'll jump all over you
tongue.gif

Dec 26, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #67 of 67
I had a pair of green akg Q701s, and i returned them cause the bright green color bothered me. I got the same ones in black instead.

I noticed on the left earcup, the gap between the area where the strings go in and the larger cup, is larger on the left than on the right.

Rather, there is a tiny gap in between the two cups on the left side, and NO GAP on the ones on the right side. 

I am not hearing any sonci differences nor rattles, so i will keep em till i see a problems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back