Defect on my K701????
Apr 9, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #31 of 67
Okay,

I just received my pair (#2718) and I have the seam/gap on both sides. I purchased them from Earphone solutions. Would you guys return them?

BTW nice site you have hear. I ordered these a long time ago and did a search for the problem on the internet and I find you all here. Good to see people taking their headphones seriously.

Lum the sad
frown.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 7:40 PM Post #32 of 67
These QC issues are quite disturbing to me. I hope this is not a problem with the majority of members that own these cans.

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:21 PM Post #34 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiola
I made a video of what the rattling sound sounds like when I shake the right cup

http://rapidshare.de/files/17601178/MVI_0577.AVI.html

this is really disappointing to me, I totally did not expect something like this to happen on a 300 dollar can!

serial number is 2238 btw if anyone's interested.

It certainly sounds like theres something wrong with your headphone.
I just ordered a pair myself and i hope i wont get this too.
mad.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 8:24 PM Post #35 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiola
I made a video of what the rattling sound sounds like when I shake the right cup

http://rapidshare.de/files/17601178/MVI_0577.AVI.html

this is really disappointing to me, I totally did not expect something like this to happen on a 300 dollar can!

serial number is 2238 btw if anyone's interested.

Dude! I would get that thing back to Todd as soon as possible, that's unacceptable for a $300 cans.

Apr 9, 2006 at 9:36 PM Post #36 of 67
if k701 and k601 both share the same structure, i think u can get some ideas what possibly makes the rattle sound inside from these k601 recable pictures.

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=162673

are the cup and steel band sticking together tight?

anyways i suggest that u shouldn't bother fixing it...and talk to todd about this issue and see if he can come up with any solutions...

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:24 AM Post #37 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by jamesp
Dude! I would get that thing back to Todd as soon as possible, that's unacceptable for a $300 cans.

So, at what price point does it become acceptable?

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:26 AM Post #38 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin

Starts with a G, ends with an O.

eggosmile.gif
, just playing!

I guess.. never.

Apr 10, 2006 at 12:37 AM Post #39 of 67
Well I took another long look at mine and they are just perfect
icon10.gif
No gaps nothing loose. Dang I feel lucky now.
smily_headphones1.gif

I would not accept gaps and such defect in any purchase. Just don't like it.

Apr 10, 2006 at 2:44 PM Post #40 of 67
I emailed Earphone Solutions and they said this:

Please use this ticket number in any
correspondence with us OR SIMPLY REPLY to this email.
SUBJECT: RE: Track your order from FMASolutions.com Order #xxxxx3

Dear Customer,

Thank you for contacting us.

For warranty repairs, replacements and technical support on the K701 please
contact AKG - USA:

914 Airpark Center Drive
37217 TN Nashville

615 620-3800

akgusatechsupport@harman.com
---------------------------------
So I call AKG and I had to leave a message on a phone. I'll be so pished if I get the run around after waiting for so long for these headphones. I'm not sure who to be upset with or just chuck it up to karma.

Just an FYI I guess about quality control.

Lum the frustrated
confused.gif

Happy Listening anyhows!!
eggosmile.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 3:19 PM Post #41 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumiens

Dear Customer,

contact AKG - USA:

914 Airpark Center Drive
37217 TN Nashville

615 620-3800

So I call AKG and I had to leave a message on a phone. I'll be so pished if I get the run around after waiting for so long for these headphones. I'm not sure who to be upset with or just chuck it up to karma.

Lum the frustrated
confused.gif

eggosmile.gif

I'm in the exact same boat you are. I ordered from EPS as well and I have the piece of paper that says the same thing: Contact AKG with any problems.

Let me know what you find out. Please post here, if you can, for everyone's benefit.

I'm really not troubled by these very small, equadistant, miniscule gaps on both cups, although I'll try and VERY carefully see if I can snap them in place.

I have no loose items or anything moving around, so everything PERFORMS perfectly, which is what matters most.

Strange oddity...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beau
I simply held the earpiece in both hands, fingers on the pad and thumbs on the edge of the outer ring of the small cup where the gap was. With the top of the earpiece secure against the headband, it was a simple matter to press inward with my thumbs until the ring clicked into place.

It sounds like maybe this is what you've already tried - with less fortunate results than I had. And what other's have said is true - if something's loose in there, you're going to need to arrange for a replacement anyway.

I did this as carefully as I could. That sucker isn't going anywhere! If that little gap on the right side is a problem, it sure isn't going to be moving anywhere better or worse!

Apr 10, 2006 at 3:26 PM Post #42 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by lumiens

Dear Customer,

contact AKG - USA:

914 Airpark Center Drive
37217 TN Nashville

615 620-3800

Lum the frustrated
confused.gif

eggosmile.gif

My experience with AKG services is very good, the turn around time is about 1.5-2 weeks. I sent in my K1000 because I thought I heard some rattle on the left ear driver. eventhough they tested both and found nothing wrong, they replaced both drivers with new one so now I have an extra pairs of K1000 drivers.
k1000smile.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 5:56 PM Post #43 of 67
weird, i called todd's 1-866 number and it told me to check the number and try again? called a few times from my cell and my voip phone, both didnt work? maybe his phones down or something. I emailed him too, no replies yet
frown.gif
, this is really frustrating, since i'll be moving around the next week or so, don't know how i'll coordinate shipping the unit back to todd and stuff.....

Apr 10, 2006 at 7:35 PM Post #44 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by raisin

$10 ipod earbuds
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2006 at 8:03 PM Post #45 of 67
#2637.
Checked mine closer. No gaps, no rattle. Perfect. With 50 hours, starting to come around sound wise. Just another 300 or so hours to go.
biggrin.gif

Everyone thinks I'm crazy with them playing all night between two pillows.
Hope you get it resolved soon.
Best,
Jim

~

Users who are viewing this thread

Back