Defect on my K701????
Apr 9, 2006 at 1:07 PM Post #16 of 67
Guys, be honest... this is just a feticism "problem". No any defect I have seen in any the 701 cans...

Best!
Nicola

Apr 9, 2006 at 1:51 PM Post #17 of 67
Nik, you are right, but it is annoying sometimes, when we received a new toy, and here is something strange on it...
tongue.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 2:03 PM Post #18 of 67
OCD UNITE.

Apr 9, 2006 at 2:25 PM Post #21 of 67
701smile.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:05 PM Post #22 of 67
Mine has it on both sides, serial 39xx. It's there on my K601:s too, but not as clear.

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:12 PM Post #23 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by acs236
My serial is #28XX (I'm not looking at them now). It has gaps on both sides, I don't hear anything unusual though.

Serial 2977.

I have miniscule "gaps" on both sides, about dead even, really.

Nothing loose. No defects. Just bliss!
701smile.gif

(Obviously if any of you have something loose and rattling, you need to get that addressed ASAP, regardless of aesthetics.)

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:24 PM Post #25 of 67
That gap is unacceptable to me. On a $300 pair of cans there should be some semblance of quality control. Get in touch with Todd.

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:47 PM Post #26 of 67
Yes.

Crack that whip!

Push that earcup till it clicks!

Apr 9, 2006 at 3:53 PM Post #27 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by darkninja67
That gap is unacceptable to me. On a $300 pair of cans there should be some semblance of quality control. Get in touch with Todd.

Definitely if i paid $300 for something i would expect it to be perfect! But im like that with everything......

Apr 9, 2006 at 4:00 PM Post #28 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by padi89
Definitely if i paid $300 for something i would expect it to be perfect! But im like that with everything......

werd. Especially Austrian engineered audio goodness.
biggrin.gif

Apr 9, 2006 at 6:25 PM Post #30 of 67
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fiola
where exacly are you pushing it from? What I mean is the cup kind of rotates around cuz of the design and i cant really find a place to exert force on. I tried to tilt the cup upwards such that it presses on the side with the seam, and what happened was that it did indeed push it in a bit, but i think the inside is suppose to be glued or something? because when i let go, it stays there, but after a while, or after i move it a bit, it pops back out. weird...

I simply held the earpiece in both hands, fingers on the pad and thumbs on the edge of the outer ring of the small cup where the gap was. With the top of the earpiece secure against the headband, it was a simple matter to press inward with my thumbs until the ring clicked into place.

It sounds like maybe this is what you've already tried - with less fortunate results than I had. And what other's have said is true - if something's loose in there, you're going to need to arrange for a replacement anyway.
frown.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back