Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII
Oct 10, 2019 at 2:06 PM Post #2,524 of 14,518
Can anyone help me out on where to get a couple Shuguang Cv181-z tubes? I'm a newb to tubes and see a bunch from China on eBay. Are the blue ones the same as black and current?

Thanks for any help.

If I understand the history correctly - the blue glass version was their first wave of their tubes. The black glass is the upgraded version as it is a carbon polymer coating that is supposed to -- enhance performance, reduce stray electron emissions (reduce noise/increase clarity).

Oct 10, 2019 at 2:51 PM Post #2,525 of 14,518
Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:30 PM Post #2,531 of 14,518
Those tubestore ones are the CV181-T? Aren't they different?

CV181-T are their natural sound series -- this is their highest grade.
The black treasure -- CV-181-Z are the middle grade.

There is a standard grade too, but i honestly don't know much about that, but i am certain it was three tiers altogether until that group split off and formed PSVANE. You can't go wrong with any of those tubes however. And as @JKDJedi points out the PSVANE stuff is even better - it continually has improved with their production tubes.

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2019 at 3:40 PM Post #2,534 of 14,518
CV181-T are their natural sound series -- this is their highest grade.
The black treasure -- CV-181-Z are the middle grade.

There is a standard grade too, but i honestly don't know much about that, but i am certain it was three tiers altogether until that group split off and formed PSVANE. You can't go wrong with any of those tubes however. And as @JKDJedi points out the PSVANE stuff is even better - it continually has improved with their production tubes.
Slade! Very impressive, thanks for the info.

Oct 10, 2019 at 3:58 PM Post #2,535 of 14,518
The grey coated one of course, the one that requires a credit card. :D

Honestly @mrwasabi whatever you can afford. I think the PSVANE CV181-TII is the successor. They also had made a treasure globe 6sn7-se which looks like an old school light bulb. I heard they were good too but not cheap. But my budget limited me to the older black treasure tube cv181-z which is really a fantastic tube that I would highly recommend.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back