1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Darkvoice 336i & 336SE Tuberolling PartII

Discussion in 'Headphone Amps (full-size)' started by heatfan12, Jul 31, 2008.
First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last
  1. JKDJedi
    Thanks, I think I'll just leave it alone.

2. cddc
    To the best of my knowledge, lead free solder is only good for environmental reasons, but no good for soldering, because it has a higher melting point. In the soldering process a higher melting point means you have to leave the hot ion on boards/parts longer, which can burn the boards/parts sometimes, especially for newbies. I figure you watched the wrong YouTube clip, maybe find another clip with a 2nd opinion. :D

But rosin core is always good - it helps to solder.

3. Taffy the tramp
    Ok many thanms

4. Taffy the tramp
    Hi I'm still a newbie, just recived my used Darkvoice 336se added a NOS Brimar 6SN7GT ,with my HD650S WOW , I was verry happy with my headphones now ,WOW in the 1st 10 minutes much much better, sound stage bass much more controlled , Eva Cassidy sounds brilliant ,I'm happy as a pig in the Pervevial Doo Doo ,thanks again guy for all your help and advice

JKDJedi likes this.
  5. Taffy the tramp
    Hi it's me again , UPDATE TO Darkvoice 336se Amp ,I just dropped in a used USA jan 6080wa valve ,F### me WOW up to my neck in Doo Doo now ,its the best money I've EVER spent on hi-fi I've spent more on speaker cables than the whole lot inc upgrade valves etc ,i'm bloody stunned at how good it sound now after 20 minutes WOW WOW that's ne done for now maybe a dac ,lol

JKDJedi and Slade01 like this.
  6. cddc
    congrats, that's what I predicted about HD650 and DV336....:)

BTW, Eva Cassidy is really really really good, one of my fav singers all time!

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
  7. Taffy the tramp
    I ,bow to superior knowledge ,lol ,yes bang on I'll try my HD600S when and if the arrive a new dealer on Amazon £88.00 for a good pair of used 600 ,its worth a punt I cant loose ,they can be rebuilt ,like the 6 million dollar man , now I'm showing my age ,thanks again
    P.s have you heard Joni Mitchel " Both sides now " the latest 1 from the film" Love actually . Very dark and smokey " great track, When I googled it I was verry suprised who it was.

8. cddc
    £88.00 for a pair of good HD600s is a steal :beerchug:

Not yet, will Youtube it now

9. sennfan83261
    Your pull of the adapter cord connecting the cap hurts my soul, lol. As for the Fitz Mod, unless there's some tubes with that continue to have humming issues after proper burn-in, I would say no. The gain introduced by the mod is not something I'm happy with to be honest. I'm thinking of reversing the mod or seeing if a new volume pot would improve things. The stock 250K pot is a bit too much for this amp. Lately, I've just been too lazy and have been listening to my planars a lot.

Last edited: Oct 7, 2019
    JKDJedi likes this.
  10. JKDJedi
    Lol....I nearly cried when it happened. Thanks, I'm not gonna mess with it, simple burn in process has been the go too. :)

11. Taffy the tramp
    Ye , I though so if jt sounds to good to be true it normaly is ,them HD600 headphones were BS seller from Amazon , money back in 5 days ah well that's life , it was worth a punt

Last edited: Oct 8, 2019
    cddc likes this.
  12. Keno18
    Just popped in an NOS Sylvania 6as7a black plate from ebay I got for $6 plus $4.53 shipping. Wasn't expecting much but was pleasantly suprised. Makes a new production Tung-Sol 6sn7gtb sound vintage. Will keep this combo in for a while.

cddc and JKDJedi like this.
  13. cddc

I like these coke bottle shaped 6AS7G tubes....they really look sexy :)

14. Keno18
    Unfortunately it's not a coke bottle, just a plain glass tube, but it does have a nice glow:
    20191008_115751.jpg

cddc and JKDJedi like this.
  15. cddc

Ah...there's an "A" after 6AS7G that I completely missed out.

But it's a very nice looking tube....the tube glow is just beautiful...congrats on a good find :)

First

Back
158 159 160 161 162 163 164 165 166 167
169 170 171 172 173 174 175 176 177 178
Next

Last