Danacable Lazuli Reference Thread
Mar 21, 2022 at 11:59 PM Post #228 of 289
Anyone interested in loaning their cable? I would also pay shipping both ways. For either Susvara or Utopias Or both.

Mar 24, 2022 at 6:07 PM Post #229 of 289
For me the most changes heard from a cable were for IEM cables, then headphones cables. I always found interconnects, power cords, ethernet cables being very subtle.

May 7, 2022 at 3:19 PM Post #230 of 289
So does the wiring matter... For Utopias, have balanced cable go to SE? Is it better to get a balanced cable with XLR for true connection, and using SE adapter/connector if you only have SE? If you got a 1/4" plug, and used a XLR connector, it would not be balanced correct?

May 8, 2022 at 9:04 PM Post #231 of 289
4-pin XLR is balanced and 1/4" plug is unbalanced (SE). If your amp has a 4-pin XLR jack and is of a dual mono design, the 4-pin XLR may sound better (more separation, cleaner sound) Whether you can hear it depends on you.
To be safe, it's best to get a cable with a 4-pin XLR connector and a 4-pin XLR-to-1/4" adapter for SE connection. Then you have all bases covered.
Vinh Vu

May 9, 2022 at 11:23 AM Post #234 of 289
Just pulled the trigger on a Lazuli Reference Ultra for my LCD X (bought it from @Rickruss here on head-fi), I'll post my impressions here and compare to the new Audeze updated stock cable (which btw is a very nice one) People would think I'm crazy for spending just as much on the cable as I did on the headphone, but my experience with headphones cables has proven to me to be a worthwhile investment. Always heard great things about the Danacables line, I'm excited to finally hear it for myself.

May 9, 2022 at 2:25 PM Post #235 of 289
I always ended up sounding like a crazy person suggesting such expensive cables but try to tell people it might actually be the cheaper upgrade. Instead of spending tons of money upgrading your hardware setup, these cables might give you want you’re looking for. It’s still hard to get people to understand because many believe cables don’t make a difference or placebo effect.

Vinh, if you could share a little bit of why it’s scientifically an improvement, I might have easier time convincing. Me raving about how great they sound doesn’t always work.

May 9, 2022 at 4:10 PM Post #236 of 289
I always ended up sounding like a crazy person suggesting such expensive cables but try to tell people it might actually be the cheaper upgrade. Instead of spending tons of money upgrading your hardware setup, these cables might give you want you’re looking for. It’s still hard to get people to understand because many believe cables don’t make a difference or placebo effect.

Vinh, if you could share a little bit of why it’s scientifically an improvement, I might have easier time convincing. Me raving about how great they sound doesn’t always work.
I have experience with several of Dana's HP and IC cables. They are well made of good materials and have a sound signature that liens towards richness without loss of detail, fully fleshed out.

May 9, 2022 at 4:23 PM Post #237 of 289
I have experience with several of Dana's HP and IC cables. They are well made of good materials and have a sound signature that liens towards richness without loss of detail, fully fleshed out.
I have the Reference cable for the Focal Utopia and usually speak of the richness first. It brings something special to the mids. There’s also improvement is clarity and airiness but it’s the rich mids that sell me on it.

May 9, 2022 at 6:05 PM Post #239 of 289
I’ve got two Nirvana cables which I very much enjoy. One on my Audeze Lcd4 and one on my Abyss 1266 Phi TC’s. They are wonderful cables.
Yes, I have two Nirvana's also; one on my Abyss 1266 Phi CC’s and one on my Susvara.

May 11, 2022 at 5:11 PM Post #240 of 289
OK, I'll try!

What you get with a Danacable is not just the engineering know-how behind Dana's selection of types of wires, construction techniques, dialectric material, etc., all of which lead to the best measurements in terms of resistance, capacitance, and inductance. With a Danacable, you also get Dana's discerning ear, which enables him to finetune a design until it produces not just a "clear audiophile" sound, but music that can evoke emotions. Dana's mantra is “If it measures good but sounds bad, you are measuring the wrong thing. If it sounds good but measures bad you are still measuring the wrong thing.”

However, you may not like his "sound"; everybody hears differently. That is why we give you 30 days to try. If you don't like what you hear, you can return the cable (we want only delighted customers). You pay shipping and PayPal or bank fee if applicable.

Vinh Vu
Danacable”

Users who are viewing this thread

Back