Danacable Lazuli Reference Thread
Nov 17, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #271 of 289
Lazuli reference came in one week ahead of time. Needless to say Vinh was awesome to work with as everyone knows in this thread. Pretty excited to get this broken in with the Utopias

EF3250A7-5910-4DCB-AD65-0A7C37EB324D.jpeg

Nov 18, 2022 at 11:09 AM Post #272 of 289
For those of you interested I have just listed my DanaTone Head-Space HP amp in the classifieds.

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:13 PM Post #274 of 289
Nirvana would be better but for the cost you could upgrade your headphone …

They do have a refund / return policy.

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:20 PM Post #275 of 289
Andy:
Some may say that getting a $3500 cable for a $1500 headphone is an overkill but the Nirvana will for sure bring the best out of the Focal Clear.
You would probably be pleased with the Lazuli Reference just as well, at a much lower cost.
If I have to put a number on it, if the Nirvana is a 100, then the Reference would be 80, the Reference Plus 85, and the Ultra 90.
All of them have the Danacable "sound" - warm, full, fleshy, balanced, natural. As you move up, the added silver will bring out more of the top end.
The low capacitance of the Nirvana will give you an out-of-your-head experience, with the soundstage extending way out into the room.
The Nirvana sheathing options - all brown, all silver, mixed brown/silver, are only cosmetics - all Nirvanas sound the same.
The latest version is called the Plush, same sound but softer and more flexible to the touch.
If you are in the Philadelphia area come to this meet this Sunday, Feb.5 and hear/feel the Nirvana Plush with the Hifiman Susvara/DanaTone Head-Space combo.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/philly-burbs-meet-on-feb-5th-2023-no-football-that-weekend.965706/

Vinh Vu
Danacable/DanaTone

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:43 PM Post #276 of 289
I have a 2 Meter Lazuli Ultra for the Focal Utopia's for sale. I have sold my Utopia's and do not need it. It includes the XLR to 1/4" adapter. $1000. PM me if interested.

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:51 PM Post #277 of 289
Andy:
Some may say that getting a $3500 cable for a $1500 headphone is an overkill but the Nirvana will for sure bring the best out of the Focal Clear.
You would probably be pleased with the Lazuli Reference just as well, at a much lower cost.
If I have to put a number on it, if the Nirvana is a 100, then the Reference would be 80, the Reference Plus 85, and the Ultra 90.
All of them have the Danacable "sound" - warm, full, fleshy, balanced, natural. As you move up, the added silver will bring out more of the top end.
The low capacitance of the Nirvana will give you an out-of-your-head experience, with the soundstage extending way out into the room.
The Nirvana sheathing options - all brown, all silver, mixed brown/silver, are only cosmetics - all Nirvanas sound the same.
The latest version is called the Plush, same sound but softer and more flexible to the touch.
If you are in the Philadelphia area come to this meet this Sunday, Feb.5 and hear/feel the Nirvana Plush with the Hifiman Susvara/DanaTone Head-Space combo.
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/philly-burbs-meet-on-feb-5th-2023-no-football-that-weekend.965706/

Feb 4, 2023 at 10:58 PM Post #279 of 289
Hi guys , I am interested Dana nirvana cable ...may I know nirvana is it tube warm sound? For my sp3000 and focal clear mg good match? What's different nirvana all brown or copper mix silver or pure silver? Should I choose Dana lazuli reference or nirvana? Thanks.
Niether. Pretty ridiculous to put a $3500 cable on a $1500 headphone. Pretty rediculous to put a $1500 cable on a $1500 headphone. Buy a $3000 pair of HPs. Black Dragon is more reasonable

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:20 PM Post #280 of 289
Niether. Pretty ridiculous to put a $3500 cable on a $1500 headphone. Pretty rediculous to put a $1500 cable on a $1500 headphone. Buy a $3000 pair of HPs. Black Dragon is more reasonable
Yes regret buying mg...I am new lack of experience. I am not happy sp3000 match clear mg.....but if I sold mg that cost why not buy nirvana...in future win 4d then upgrade to utopia 😊

Feb 4, 2023 at 11:40 PM Post #281 of 289
Yes regret buying mg...I am new lack of experience. I am not happy sp3000 match clear mg.....but if I sold mg that cost why not buy nirvana...in future win 4d then upgrade to utopia 😊
Clears are really good. I had Utopias with Lazuli Reference. I completely believe in quality materials and construction. I believe in the sum of parts... Spending big money on cables makes very little difference. $3000 on better drivers doesn't make a lot of difference. On cables even less. Buy better gear. That makes a difference.

Feb 5, 2023 at 12:32 AM Post #282 of 289
Clears are really good. I had Utopias with Lazuli Reference. I completely believe in quality materials and construction. I believe in the sum of parts... Spending big money on cables makes very little difference. $3000 on better drivers doesn't make a lot of difference. On cables even less. Buy better gear. That makes a difference.
Yes I also consider iem...hate to give up mg .waste....

Feb 5, 2023 at 7:17 AM Post #283 of 289
Yes I agree clear mg good hp...my issue is currently using unbalance silver dragon(previously use in dragonfly cobalt). I don't like sp3000 and silver dragon cold sound.

Feb 8, 2023 at 12:08 PM Post #284 of 289
Yes I agree clear mg good hp...my issue is currently using unbalance silver dragon(previously use in dragonfly cobalt). I don't like sp3000 and silver dragon cold sound.

A little friendly suggestion: If you don't like the sound from the certain gears you own, change them, not add expensive cable in the middle. I believe Singapore has decent/proper second hand market for head fi stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back