Philly 'Burbs Meet on Feb 5th, 2023 - NO Football that weekend!
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 15, 2022 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 97

leesure

1000+ Head-Fier
What: Philly area meet (less than two hours from NYC and Baltimore and 3 hours from DC)

When: Sunday, February 5th from 11-5-ish. This is the week between the Conf. Championships and the Super Bowl.

Where: The Photo Loft...my 2700 sq ft studio at 403 East Walnut St, North Wales, PA 19454

Who: All y'all...of course! I'll be updating the members and vendors who are attending as I go.

Here's a link to the last meet I held here: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/phi...2018-impressions-thread.870910/#post-14006935

Please indicate that you're attending and what you plan to bring in the comments so we can plan accordingly with tables, chairs, food and beverage!

Attending: (To be updated as I get RSVP's)

Nov 15, 2022 at 3:10 PM Post #2 of 97
Holding for attendee list

Nov 15, 2022 at 3:12 PM Post #3 of 97
For those who have asked how this while thing works...

People who are setting up gear, get there a little early if you can...space if first come first choose, so the best spots go quickly.

BRING EXTRA POWER STRIPS AND EXTENTION CORDS. You can never have too many and someone will forget one and be in need of borrowing.

Don't sprawl out all over the tabe...keep it tight...lots of people need to set up.

Bring a source! iPod, computer, CD Player, turntable, whatever.

Label your gear! Lots of people may have the same cans or amps.

It's nice to make up a paper listing exactly what you're showing so others don't have to ask and you'll have more freedom to wander.

While I've never been to a meet where something was stolen, I'd rather not have my meet be the first. So be aware of your setup or ask the person next to you to keep an eye on it when you go listening or to the bathroom.

Did I mention to bring extra power strips?

Those of you who are coming to listen...

We're thrilled to have you! The head-Fi community is exceptionally welcoming and willing to share. We love showing off our gear and the sound we have achieved.

We do ask that you be courteous:

-NEVER unplug headphones with the volume up or the source playing.

-many of the top headphones are open back...that means we all hear your conversations while we're listening. Remember to use your 'inside voices'

-Take a shower that morning and wash your ears...you're going to be trying on other people's headphones and others will be wearing yours...it's just commen sense and courtesy.

-bring your favorite music on your portable audio player...but please ASK the owner of the rig to which you would like to jack in to help you make the connection rather than just unplugging their current source without asking.

Then just have fun and enjoy the company and the sound!!

Nov 15, 2022 at 7:01 PM Post #6 of 97
Awesome idea I may want to attend

Nov 16, 2022 at 9:59 AM Post #7 of 97
I have received a commitment from HeadAmp that they will be attending and bringing 2-3 setups!

Nov 16, 2022 at 10:00 AM Post #8 of 97
Nov 18, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #10 of 97
I've never attended a head-fi meet before, but this might be my first. I'll plan to be there. Thank you for hosting and organizing @leesure ! And please let us know how to collaborate.

Nov 27, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #13 of 97
count me in- I may make a weekend of it with the wife- thanks again for doing this for the community!

Nov 27, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #14 of 97
I'm moving to PA over the next few weeks and would be delighted to meet locals. I hope to make it, weather permitting.

I have a few things I can bring, I'll post again when I have better sense of what setups I can pull together. Options may include an Yggy A2, a DNA Stratus, the Jot R and Jot A for the Raal SR1a and the Audeze LCD-R, as well as my HD 800 SDR and some other cans, potentially.

Thank you @leesure for hosting and arranging everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back