Danacable Lazuli Reference Thread
Nov 4, 2022 at 7:44 AM Post #256 of 289
Just cross posting a recommendation for: https://www.ebay.com.au/str/affinitycables

If you have multiple headphones with different connectors, I've quite enjoyed the very simple adapters he makes here. Posted from Singapore.

No conflict of interest. But it has meant my Danacable lazuli reference plus can be used between the Utopia and LCD-5.

Nov 6, 2022 at 5:26 PM Post #257 of 289
anyone use the danacable for the tc1266? are they not a good match? I mainly see it used for utopias...

Nov 16, 2022 at 5:55 PM Post #260 of 289
Thank you @vtvu

Arrived safely in Australia in 4 days! Looking forward to a lifetime of enjoyment :)

90BE7FA9-AF29-4F18-89C0-254CE1FF36A7.jpeg

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #261 of 289
They do make excellent sounding cables.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:44 PM Post #262 of 289
I don’t understand the science but it’s different than what EQ could do. Had a little bit of what changing tubes in a tube amp could do.

I didn’t do a direct comparison but at CanJam I got to hear the new 2022 Utopia out of the same setup I have at home, Naim HE, and playing the same songs, I could tell my original Utopia had richer and clearer mids than the new one with stock cable.

But I have since moved on from Utopia and go a DCA Expanse headphone. Even with the stock cable, it had more resolution, clarity and richness in the mids than the original Utopia with Danacable Reference. I know they can’t changed out the headphone side of the cable, so I sold it when I sold the Utopia. I have no desire to get a new cable for the Expanse but would be curious to hear someone’s review if they do pair them together.

Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up picking up a used Nirvana Utopia cable on this site. It made such a dramatic difference that I ordered another Nirvana cable from Danacables for my Empyreans (and a 6.3 > XLR adapter as well). I don’t understand the science either, but it sure does sound incredible. I don’t even need EQ with it.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:50 PM Post #263 of 289
Curiosity got the better of me and I ended up picking up a used Nirvana Utopia cable on this site. It made such a dramatic difference that I ordered another Nirvana cable from Danacables for my Empyreans (and a 6.3 > XLR adapter as well). I don’t understand the science either, but it sure does sound incredible. I don’t even need EQ with it.
I recently got their Nirvana power cable and Nirvana RCA interconnects for my 3ES Elite. I'm super happy with both. Danacables makes some great cables. Shout out to Vinh

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:54 PM Post #264 of 289
I recently got their Nirvana power cable and Nirvana RCA interconnects for my 3ES Elite. I'm super happy with both. Danacables makes some great cables. Shout out to Vinh

The interconnects are certainly tempting.

Nov 16, 2022 at 6:58 PM Post #265 of 289
The interconnects are certainly tempting.
I previously had the Diamond Reference XLR (and I still use that with my WA33), and I was blown away with how good it was. It's pricey, but it really brought everything up a notch. I wanted to try the Nirvana version and it has additionally brought things up a notch. The jump from a typical $1K average IC to Diamond Reference is bigger than the jump from the Diamond Ref to the Nirvana, but that makes sense. I also use Danacables USB (I have 2 of those for my K50 and PhoenixUSB). I haven't really tried different power cables, but I previously used Danacables $500 power cable on my amps, but moving up to the Nirvana power cable has made a difference. Not a huge difference, but still worth the extra money.

Nov 16, 2022 at 7:37 PM Post #266 of 289
I have a Nirvana for my Abyss and with the DanaTone Head-Space that was a a nice combo. Of course I'm in the process of liquidating all my gear because:

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-happened-the-story-of-the-worlds-most-improbable-start-up.701900/

I also have a few Dana IC's left. My remaining equipment to liquidate is listed in my spoiler below. A number of posters on the Schiit thread were familiar with me and my HP rigs and PM'd me and bought 15 pieces from me that I didn't even have to list.

Nov 16, 2022 at 10:15 PM Post #267 of 289
Just cross posting a recommendation for: https://www.ebay.com.au/str/affinitycables

If you have multiple headphones with different connectors, I've quite enjoyed the very simple adapters he makes here. Posted from Singapore.

No conflict of interest. But it has meant my Danacable lazuli reference plus can be used between the Utopia and LCD-5.

I'm considering getting an adapter myself. The ebay photos don't really do them any justice, as they look kinda flimsy and cheap for the price?

How do you find the quality of these adapters?

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 3:25 PM Post #268 of 289
I'm considering getting an adapter myself. The ebay photos don't really do them any justice, as they look kinda flimsy and cheap for the price?

How do you find the quality of these adapters?

I find them superb. Haven't had mine for very long so can't speak to the longevity of them, but the component itself is solid and all connections tight.

Last edited:
Nov 17, 2022 at 5:56 PM Post #269 of 289
I find them superb. Haven't had mine for very long so can't speak to the longevity of them, but the component itself is solid and all connections tight.
I concur.

Connectors similar to oem (eg. Rean) which are fine. Seems well made. I haven’t found much else!

Nov 17, 2022 at 6:51 PM Post #270 of 289

Users who are viewing this thread

Back