Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Mar 28, 2022 at 7:43 PM Post #3,557 of 5,996
And agreed, planer headphones does give a direct crossover free performance. I am more and more impressed with the sound of the DCA Stealths - just listening and enjoying music I often get caught out by how good the performance is. And having recordings where I was actually there gives a hugely valuable perspective as to which approach gives the most accurate sound - and the Stealth is certainly winning that challenge so far.
In case anyone would like to have a very well respected DAC designers take on the stealth, I would say this is about as glowing as it gets.

Makes me want to purchase a pair blind!

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #3,558 of 5,996
Another Stealth appreciation post:

Got my new PSU 2 weeks ago and I've been breaking it in. Has 4x more lt3045s than my last setup, bringing it up to 80x lt3045s to power my CDT and OCXO. Silver rca plugs and inlets as well. Also finally got my occ silver 4.4 + 6.3 DCA cable to do some comparison in the following weeks.

Around day 5 the soundstage has grew so much on CDT playback. It's like upgrading from a 60inch tv to a 120+ inch tv. Pretty wild. I tried to power my soekris DAC with a powerbank + silver dc cables and it shrunk the soundstage to a 12inch tablet.

The bass is so deep and so far in perception. And again, it sounds more open than is even imaginable, even for an open can. Fitting is actually a bit more forgiving now but one is heavily rewarded when good fitting and alignment is achieved.

IMG_20220309_111952.jpg
IMG_20220309_112008.jpg

And wow on this talk by Dan!!! What a gift this talk is. Such a definite guide. I've stopped chasing 'detail' because of how it started to sound more wrong than correct and Dan explains it well here. He also explained well the upgrades I'm hearing with timbre quality in vocals that lower distortion brings. Taylor Swift - Folklore had been one of my test albums and lately her vocals has this quality where it's like a woman speaking to you. If I downgrade my chain a bit, it's like her throat tightens up or she's has to perform and sing and her pitch goes up and there is a hardness that happens in the presentation.

What is the plastic looking wrap around the cables?

Mar 28, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #3,559 of 5,996
@x RELIC x

Many other manufacturer will bite their teeth out on the stealth with his special properties 😉

NOMAX

PS.and there are technical reasons why the Stealth is a closed back......its the only way to achieve this performance

Last edited:
Mar 28, 2022 at 8:46 PM Post #3,560 of 5,996
I guess my question was more along the lines of why Taylor Swift as opposed to, say, Wagner's "Götterdämmerung" or Ratt's "Invasion Of Your Privacy"?
I've been listening to Wagner's Ring, The Solti recording. Fabulous on these

Mar 30, 2022 at 10:45 AM Post #3,567 of 5,996
I have had the Stealth over a month or so. I am so impressed with it. The amount of detail retrieval is just phenomenal. I hear things in recordings I have never heard before. Also the mids are so engaging. Everything is real. No added flavor. Does remind me a bit of the PHöNIX IEM. When I want flavor I grab the VC or Sultan or EXT.

Mar 31, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #3,569 of 5,996
People enjoy what they enjoy. No questioning is necessary

Users who are viewing this thread

Back