Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Mar 31, 2022 at 11:39 AM Post #3,571 of 5,996
That's cool and everything, but Wagner invented the concept of "Gesamtkunstwerk." He also won the 1879 Bayreuth Grammy's for most likeable composer with the worst politics....so I guess Wagner wins?
was just answering your question why listen to taylor swift, because she is a good artist. Her second album evermore is also nominated for album of the year

Apr 1, 2022 at 9:19 PM Post #3,574 of 5,996
Can anyone who owns both stealth and LCD-5 compare the soundstage between the two ? Are they about equal with the lcd5 having a slight edge ? TH900 sounded pretty open to me for being a closed back, but it did not really isolate outside noise either. Would the stealth isolate better than a TH900 ?

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:45 PM Post #3,575 of 5,996
Can anyone who owns both stealth and LCD-5 compare the soundstage between the two ? Are they about equal with the lcd5 having a slight edge ? TH900 sounded pretty open to me for being a closed back, but it did not really isolate outside noise either. Would the stealth isolate better than a TH900 ?
Stealth has wider soundstage and the much needed bass extension.

Apr 1, 2022 at 10:53 PM Post #3,576 of 5,996
I have the TH900 and Stealth. The Stealth seem to isolate a lot better. I actually think the soundstage between the Stealth and LCD5 is fairly close. But I would give the edge to the Stealth. I demoed the LCD5 for a week side by side with the Stealth. So from memory I would say the Stealth seems to have the bigger soundstage.

Apr 1, 2022 at 11:13 PM Post #3,577 of 5,996
I have the TH900 and Stealth. The Stealth seem to isolate a lot better. I actually think the soundstage between the Stealth and LCD5 is fairly close. But I would give the edge to the Stealth. I demoed the LCD5 for a week side by side with the Stealth. So from memory I would say the Stealth seems to have the bigger soundstage.
Can I get your thoughts on how bass compares between the two?

Apr 2, 2022 at 1:10 AM Post #3,578 of 5,996
I would say that Stealth has a bit wider soundstage.
I'm still not sure about depth, on some tracks LCD5 could have small edge.

Of course I'm talking about both headphones with stock tuning without eq.
Stealth sound is more holographic spatial effects are more evident.
You can hear that especially in music like Dan can dance or a lot of music from movies.

Apr 2, 2022 at 2:01 AM Post #3,580 of 5,996
So is it worth upgrading from an AFC 2 Noire to the Stealth. Also worth mentioning, I'm planning to use it with the 2Go + Hugo 2 or Poly + Mojo (1) as a portable setup for the office.

So I'm not planning on using some big external amplifier, as I'm only interested in it in a portable setup.

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 2:12 AM Post #3,581 of 5,996
So is it worth upgrading from a AFC 2 Noire to the Stealth. Also worth mentioning, I'm planning to use it with the 2Go + Hugo 2 or Poly + Mojo (1) as portable setup for the office.

So I'm not planning on using some big external amplifier, as I'm only interested in it in a portable setup.
If I was you I would keep Noire for office usage. And maybe just buy Stealth to listen at home.

Actually I'm planning to buy similar setup for the office, so mojo2 + noire.
Potentially Stealth is a good choice for the office, isolation is quite good but I don't feel comfortable using higher end stuff in "public" - but maybe that's just me.

Apr 2, 2022 at 2:26 AM Post #3,582 of 5,996
So is it worth upgrading from an AFC 2 Noire to the Stealth.
They're voiced quite differently. I own and quite like the AFC 2 Noire. My advice is to audition the Stealth before you buy it. I've heard it on many setups and have never been satisfied with its bass. But hey, everyone has their own take on this stuff...

Apr 2, 2022 at 2:27 AM Post #3,583 of 5,996
👍

E48778A4-DD5E-4750-9371-9D345799818B.jpeg

NOMAX

PS.lol

Last edited:
Apr 2, 2022 at 4:40 AM Post #3,584 of 5,996
My short words about the Double Duet from Crystal Cable

The Stealth sounds much much faster....and the most important thing...the impact in lows is much cleaner and more compact 👍

NOMAX

Ps.with the stock cable...to softened 👎

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back