Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Mar 20, 2022 at 5:03 AM Post #3,541 of 5,991
Or if you're in colder climes, it's the pads that needs to soften up with body temp?
It's about pads and seal.
After listening for quite some time when I take them from my head I can feel that they feel warmer and a bit softer in touch.
My dac/amp is turned on 24/7.

p.s It's not like the SQ is bad with cold pads. But with temperature seal is improved and the whole experience is also a notch up :wink:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 5:17 AM Post #3,542 of 5,991
After listening for quite some time when I take them from my head I can feel that they feel warmer and a bit softer in touch.

p.s It's not like the SQ is bad with cold pads. But with temperature seal is improved and the whole experience is also a notch up :wink:
I've mentioned that I have so much drama on the seal and fitting of the stealth here. I've come down to a system of measuring with my fingers on alignment but I still have to resort to floating the cans over my ear and find the best time alignment thats smooth and necessarily not more detail. On different chains, slowly pressing the cans in helps in SQ improvements.

Mar 20, 2022 at 5:25 AM Post #3,543 of 5,991

Ah,you mean more like this:

And this:

Last edited:
Mar 20, 2022 at 8:29 AM Post #3,544 of 5,991

100% agree.

Mar 20, 2022 at 9:32 PM Post #3,545 of 5,991

How's the clamp force on the Stealth?

Mar 20, 2022 at 11:29 PM Post #3,546 of 5,991
How's the clamp force on the Stealth?
I find them to be slightly looser than I'd prefer. They're also very sensitive to positioning, so I wish they would clamp my head a bit harder and stay in place. But, the loose clamp is obviously very comfortable and easy for longer listening sessions.

Mar 21, 2022 at 3:54 PM Post #3,548 of 5,991
I would agree with the above statements. They are very comfortable but can move around a little. I generally listen while reclining in my chair, they stay put very well in this application.

Mar 22, 2022 at 7:32 AM Post #3,549 of 5,991
20220322_112305_HDR.jpg

Such a beautiful, sunny day today that reminds me the arrival of Nowruz, which is celebrated mainly by the people of Central Asia to Middle East, especially by Persians, Kurds and Turkic people, for the arrival of spring and waking up of the nature. Probably the only day in a year that I feel there is something to celebrate - and that I do by listening to folk music on Stealth. Happy Nowruz!

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:10 AM Post #3,550 of 5,991
At first I wished that there was a bit of a stronger clamping force, mainly because the bass felt a bit thin. However, after some time now I'm not feeling that as much.

There was also a tendency to think that they are best suited to powerful amplification. If you want to listen above 90 dB, which is bad for your hearing, then to a degree that is true, but I found that quality amplification was most important for me, since I don't listen that loud. So, when I had to grab a pair of headphones to use with the L&P W2 (131) here, I grabbed the Stealths, as they had a 4.4mm terminated cable on them at the time. I was surprised to find that the result was much better than expected, even if i could easily hit maximum volume without it getting very loud. The bass still had quite a reasonable amount of impact, for example, enough that I'd consider that a usable rig for taking with me when I travel.

Before anyone asks, I know what I'm going to say in my review, I just have to shoot and edit it.

Mar 22, 2022 at 9:41 AM Post #3,551 of 5,991
At first I wished that there was a bit of a stronger clamping force, mainly because the bass felt a bit thin. However, after some time now I'm not feeling that as much.
Yes, but with temperature pads are getting softer and seal improves so the bass.
At least that what is happening here where I live with current weather conditions :wink:

Seal and positioning on these headphones is very important.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back