Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:08 PM Post #1,981 of 5,996
Mmm... listening for hours with inoffensive tuning is boring! I prefer to listen for a couple of hours with great sparkle...

This Cans has to my ears enough Sparkle

Also great this track...with 95 db❗️Fast and simultaneously smooth......There is nothing that disturb 👍

also his voice/this recording here...more as enough sparkle 👍👍👍

NOMAX

Ps. I can only repeat myself my words to Dan Clark...Well Done

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:27 PM Post #1,982 of 5,996
Mmm... listening for hours with inoffensive tuning is boring! I prefer to listen for a couple of hours with great sparkle or warmth...
That is for you, maybe for your type of music. I listen a few hours a day, since the day the Stealth arrived it has 95% of ear time. I don't get that extra warmth thing, really.

And I don't get the negativity of people that don't have it or intend to keep or have it.

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:42 PM Post #1,983 of 5,996
@DarginMahkum

This Headphone needs no defense

There was a Headphone....5 Years ago....Utopia...few Engeniers from the competitors told me...this cans from france will stay long on the top

NOMAX

PS.now guess what they said about the Stealth 😉
Who knows...they will be right again..my ears told me yes 👍

Last edited:
Oct 5, 2021 at 4:51 PM Post #1,984 of 5,996
Wow, coming from an HE1 owner...that's quite something. I see that you are also using the TT2. I wonder if there's some special synergy there.

Oct 5, 2021 at 4:55 PM Post #1,985 of 5,996
Wow, coming from an HE1 owner...that's quite something. I see that you are also using the TT2. I wonder if there's some special synergy there.

You can achieve better synergie for less money as with TT2

NOMAX

PS.Questyle Master 12/Woo Audio Topaz...but with 4.4mm Connection 👍

Oct 5, 2021 at 6:24 PM Post #1,986 of 5,996
Mmm... listening for hours with inoffensive tuning is boring! I prefer to listen for a couple of hours with great sparkle or warmth...
Last night I went to bed way too late yet again, melting away to Nickel Creek's "Love is Mine" (Qobuz, Spotify) and "Where Is Love Now" (Qobuz, Spotify). That was... therapeutically good. I felt the need to kiss the Stealth good night, that's how grateful I was for that experience. Though the Yggdrasil and HPA-1 did their part, too.

There goes the resale value of my pair, not that I need it.

Oct 5, 2021 at 7:04 PM Post #1,987 of 5,996
That's a perfectly valid preference and I would never recommend the Stealth to someone looking for a fun and warm sound.

Reference grade, neutral, natural, and smooth, in a closed back? Stealth should be at the top of that list.

Oct 5, 2021 at 9:12 PM Post #1,988 of 5,996
You can achieve better synergie for less money as with TT2

NOMAX

PS.Questyle Master 12/Woo Audio Topaz...but with 4.4mm Connection 👍
I heard Stealth out of mScaler + TT2 at CanJam and thought it sounded fantastic. Since mTT2 is my home setup, and I brought my Aeon Noire’s, I can confidently say that both TT2 is a great pairing and Stealth is better in all dimensions than Aeon 2. Also, as someone who has Heddphone and HE6, the TT2 can drive anything if you have or are inclined to get those, or Susvara or Abyss.

Oct 6, 2021 at 1:04 AM Post #1,991 of 5,996
I heard Stealth out of mScaler + TT2 at CanJam and thought it sounded fantastic. Since mTT2 is my home setup, and I brought my Aeon Noire’s, I can confidently say that both TT2 is a great pairing and Stealth is better in all dimensions than Aeon 2. Also, as someone who has Heddphone and HE6, the TT2 can drive anything if you have or are inclined to get those, or Susvara or Abyss.
Yes the TT2 is a great .......but the Stealth benefits more from the balanced outputs (4.4mm) of my Woo Audio Topaz or Questyle Master 12 👍 as on the TT2 (not balanced)

NOMAX

PS.in Short...you must not spend a lot of money

Last edited:
Oct 6, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,992 of 5,996
That's a perfectly valid preference and I would never recommend the Stealth to someone looking for a fun and warm sound.

Reference grade, neutral, natural, and smooth, in a closed back? Stealth should be at the top of that list.

That's exactly what I was expecting when I bought it last week ... Actually, I can't confirm that, I need much more time and find the perfect combo to drive the Stealth, but after a few hours using it, I still believe the way seems to be the right one.

Oct 6, 2021 at 2:54 AM Post #1,993 of 5,996
So are the pads still super glued? And are the pads bigger than the Aeon 2 line-up? (it looks the same size from the picture)

The glued pads on the Aeon 2 Noire and the small pads (i have to position them correctly, else my ears touch the pads) is kinda acceptable for $999, considering the alternative is to spend $3000 for the Stellia. But for $4000, these types of things are not acceptable to me anymore, so I am curious if these things have been addressed with the Stealth.

Oct 6, 2021 at 3:08 AM Post #1,994 of 5,996
So are the pads still super glued? And are the pads bigger than the Aeon 2 line-up? (it looks the same size from the picture)

The glued pads on the Aeon 2 Noire and the small pads (i have to position them correctly, else my ears touch the pads) is kinda acceptable for $999, considering the alternative is to spend $3000 for the Stellia. But for $4000, these types of things are not acceptable to me anymore, so I am curious if these things have been addressed with the Stealth.
Go back to the first few pages of this thread, it has been covered there.

Oct 6, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,995 of 5,996
Today, I can spend a few hours to compare the Stealth and Ultrasone Edion 15 Veritas .... so I will test various situations

I know that ultra low frequencies can be an issue for most closed headphones .. so I tried to listen Max Richter's track "Cradle to The grave" from Hostiles Album :
-> the Stealth can't manage at all to pass the sub frequencies from 39" to 1'20" at a normal volume level, the bass section is totally distorted and needs to lower the volume by several db's to get the "music" available,
-> the Ultrasone can manage easily to reproduce those frequencies quite "clearly" even at a much higher sound pressure level with even more sub frequencies (which can leather earpads move a bit around the ear).
-> I use the same portable amp (M8 V2) for both headphones, but I apply some Harman Target PEQ to the ultrasone Ed15, and nothing to the Stealth (with one touch, I can switch between no PEQ for the stealth and PEQ + Volume adjustment for the Ultrasone and get same Spl pressure for both headphones (controlled by the graphics from Neutron).

At home I know that the HEDDphone can pass this track like the Ultrasone can do.

Though, this track is a bit extreme, it can maybe point out some real limits of the Stealth in low and ultra low frequencies...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back