Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Dec 1, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #5,792 of 5,996
Dec 1, 2023 at 3:11 PM Post #5,793 of 5,996
Dec 1, 2023 at 3:18 PM Post #5,794 of 5,996
Looks like it was prematurely announced lol I got an email from Audio46 to purchase them but then the link stopped working and same with that HeadAmp link
I agree. I think it was premature. Experienced the same glitch and couldn’t find it on their website.

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:25 PM Post #5,795 of 5,996
I agree. I think it was premature. Experienced the same glitch and couldn’t find it on their website.
Glitch fixed. I got the email from Headphones.com and the link worked. Same with the DCA link above.

Maybe DCA said screw it and moved up the launch 3 days. Act now, supplies are limited (as per the DCA website).

Dec 1, 2023 at 3:33 PM Post #5,796 of 5,996
Glitch fixed. I got the email from Headphones.com and the link worked. Same with the DCA link above.

Maybe DCA said screw it and moved up the launch 3 days. Act now, supplies are limited (as per the DCA website).
Exactly! Most likely that’s what happened.

Dec 1, 2023 at 7:47 PM Post #5,798 of 5,996
the stealth was pretty much the only high end HP that guy amir seems to approve of

Dec 1, 2023 at 8:54 PM Post #5,799 of 5,996
There's a dedicated thread, but here's my review. Yes, there are like a Stealth, but with more upper mids and treble, but a bass port that improves the bass response considerably.

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:01 AM Post #5,800 of 5,996
There's a dedicated thread, but here's my review. Yes, there are like a Stealth, but with more upper mids and treble, but a bass port that improves the bass response considerably.

I said I don't need them, but now I certainly do want them...

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:06 AM Post #5,801 of 5,996
I said I don't need them, but now I certainly do want them...

Luckily ... I don't like such design :dt880smile: .. so I will continue with the stealth for a couple of years:L3000::L3000:

Dec 2, 2023 at 4:10 AM Post #5,802 of 5,996
Very interesting move from DCA, most brands like Hifiman will make sure there remains a clear hierarchy when their flagship tech trickles down into their more midrange models so that flagship purchasers never feel like their headphone is now obsolete.

From the sound of these early reviews there is no big reason to buy the Stealth anymore at twice the price of the E3 except for aesthetic reasons.

For some irrational reason that saddens me, even though the sound coming out of my Stealth is every bit as good as it was yesterday.

I guess we'll see, I saw lots of Stealth users comment they're planning to get an E3 so more comparisons should arrive soon!

Dec 2, 2023 at 6:53 AM Post #5,803 of 5,996
Very interesting move from DCA, most brands like Hifiman will make sure there remains a clear hierarchy when their flagship tech trickles down into their more midrange models so that flagship purchasers never feel like their headphone is now obsolete.

From the sound of these early reviews there is no big reason to buy the Stealth anymore at twice the price of the E3 except for aesthetic reasons.

For some irrational reason that saddens me, even though the sound coming out of my Stealth is every bit as good as it was yesterday.

I guess we'll see, I saw lots of Stealth users comment they're planning to get an E3 so more comparisons should arrive soon!

Don't forget FOTM around new product launches. And who can resist a new toy? 😁

The Stealth was the introduction to the new meta material line. Early adpotion has a price. This makes me wonder what DCA will do with the Stealth 2. There aren't nearly enough reviews to make an educated decision on Stealth vs E3. ASR is a very poor example of a review given Amir EQs all his headphones to his particular liking.

Dec 3, 2023 at 11:31 AM Post #5,805 of 5,996
ASR said that the E3, like the Stealth, does not need EQ.

EQ to meet Harman tuning. Harman tuning is not neutral. Harman tuning isn't universally desired. Hence his personal bias.

ASR doesn't give meaningful subjective impressions given the site's bias that Harman tuning should be an industry standard. If the measurements show this behavior, the headphone is "good". Any other detailed impressions beyond the above is deemed psychoacoustic nonsense.

On the surface, the Aeon 2 Noire and Stealth sound similar. But, upon deeper listening, they are completely different headphones. And, different sources widen the differences significantly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back