Dan Clark Audio Stealth Review, Interview, Measurements
Jun 23, 2022 at 12:29 AM Post #4,201 of 6,033
A open Back version.....

It will not work on the same level as the closed back
First, the moving air mass is lost, which would mean that the transducer would have to be bigger and stronger to achieve the same results
And secondly, the spatial presentation and speration would also develop to the disadvantage
If you want to give a room to the tonal performance, you can only achieve that if you also give it space

NOMAX

PS.But that's just my opinion on the subject 😉
100%. Im too lazy to type that out and waited for someone like you. 😁😁 Closed backs were difficult due to resonance and DCA figured out how to dampen it well. Open back lose energy and there's no way to counter entropy except via distortion with lose seals and wonky group delay.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 12:36 AM Post #4,208 of 6,033
There's a lot of miseducation in what is clean...if you follow YouTube University on what is a clean sound....then a ukulele is a cleaner version of a guitar. If Topping and such is a clean sound then ppl wouldnt call it sterile. Which is then cultivating a weird mindset that a clean sound is sterile and anemic and then creating a divergence where people wants to buy tubes and colored amps to bring some "music" back when in reality then are just injecting distortion to a distorted chain they claim was clean.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #4,209 of 6,033
Even if you could create the tonal performance with an open back....what you can't do is the space/room...that gets lost 😉

NOMAX

PS.and what do you need for a separation?..a room

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 12:38 AM Post #4,211 of 6,033
There's a lot of miseducation in what is clean...if you follow YouTube University on what is a clean sound....then a ukulele is a cleaner version of a guitar. If Topping and such is a clean sound then ppl wouldnt call it sterile. Which is then cultivating a weird mindset that a clean sound is sterile and anemic and then creating a divergence where people wants to buy tubes and colored amps to bring some "music" back.
What’s your education. And has Dan Clark verified your claim of requirements of a 2500 amp to sound correct? Cause that would be a poorly designed headphone

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:46 AM Post #4,213 of 6,033
Cough all feedback circuits in amps are negative 🤦‍♂️

Jun 23, 2022 at 12:58 AM Post #4,214 of 6,033
You only think you need more power coz it's lower distortion. Just get a good clean amp...which is a few and it's not Topping or any ASR approved amps.
I have to disagree here. I have both the Hypsos/Oor and the A90.

Yes there is a noticeable difference between the combos. But, i still get a fairly good sound signature from my A90 even on my Susvara. It just doesn’t hit as hard and it’s not bad on the stealth either after trying a pair on them yesterday.

So it’s possible to get away with using the A90 on them. You just get about 80-85% of what the headphone is capable of but considering the price difference between the two amp sets some will or will not be able to afford the Oor/Hypsos.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 1:01 AM Post #4,215 of 6,033
I have to disagree here. I have both the Hypsos/Oor and the A90.

Yes there is a noticeable difference between the combos. But, i still get a fairly good sound signature from my A90 even on my Susvara. It just doesn’t hit as hard and it’s not bad on the stealth either after trying a pair on them yesterday.
He has no qualifications to make the claims he’s making. He can’t accept some people just don’t like the sound signature. We have different ears and hear things differently. Also we have different preferences. Instead of the “more power” argument it’s now “clean” with no metrics.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back