Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Apr 8, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #1,756 of 1,886
Apr 8, 2024 at 1:44 PM Post #1,758 of 1,886
Shouldn't a Questyle CMA 18 protable with its quoted ‘>1W’ be at least 'enough'?

I'm still thinking about an around the house (=not in my listening room) solution.
A late reply but yes. :)

Dan Clark Audio Make every day a fun day filled with music and friendship! Stay updated on Dan Clark Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

@funCANS MrSpeakers https://danclarkaudio.com info@danclarkaudio.com
Apr 9, 2024 at 6:02 AM Post #1,762 of 1,886
Well, actually it is in fact a tiny bit too late, as I just ordered a Fiio Q7 :wink: . But in the end, that probably doesn't matter, I am sure that I will be very happy with either one.
Do share your listening impressions when you get it 😉

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:49 AM Post #1,763 of 1,886
They are big enough to feel like an air traffic controller....so its more of whether about whether or not you care :)
I remember researching the Noires for OTG use, there is a promo shot with a mam outside somewhere , ha , it's only a glamour shot. . But seriously then, the Aeon Closed are the OTG model? or which one is? ,, on the go being as we are talking about, walking around town, commenting etc.

Apr 9, 2024 at 6:50 AM Post #1,764 of 1,886
Do share your listening impressions when you get it 😉

I'll do. But that'll take some time, as I have to wait for the XLR-to-4.4mm-adaptor which I ordered alongside the additional cable to use the E3 with the Q7. Estimated delivery time is three weeks, as both are made to order. So there's the next waiting game…

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:21 AM Post #1,765 of 1,886
I remember researching the Noires for OTG use, there is a promo shot with a mam outside somewhere , ha , it's only a glamour shot. . But seriously then, the Aeon Closed are the OTG model? or which one is? ,, on the go being as we are talking about, walking around town, commenting etc.
I don't consider any headphone for outdoors use without ANC. Better served with a Bose Quietcomfort or something similar.

Apr 9, 2024 at 7:46 AM Post #1,766 of 1,886
I don't consider any headphone for outdoors use without ANC. Better served with a Bose Quietcomfort or something similar.
Interesting. You don't belive in hi fidelity otg.. I suppose I imagine those moments where things can be quiet, my city is not as busy , and really, a bus quiet enough, and passive seals are rather good, that in those moments, a pair that possess Hugh fidelity qualities, will provide high satisfaction incidents of musical joy. And that the small effort was made to make it happen.. ha.. Sure right now I am on a bus with with IE600 and for the year the return on satisfaction that what I am listening to, the music has levels of detail more than BT.. And with excellent passive seals on headphones, I reckon that the experience will be the same as this. Detail, separation. Etc.

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:04 AM Post #1,767 of 1,886
Interesting. You don't belive in hi fidelity otg.. I suppose I imagine those moments where things can be quiet, my city is not as busy , and really, a bus quiet enough, and passive seals are rather good, that in those moments, a pair that possess Hugh fidelity qualities, will provide high satisfaction incidents of musical joy. And that the small effort was made to make it happen.. ha.. Sure right now I am on a bus with with IE600 and for the year the return on satisfaction that what I am listening to, the music has levels of detail more than BT.. And with excellent passive seals on headphones, I reckon that the experience will be the same as this. Detail, separation. Etc.
My comment refers exclusively to over ear headphones, since their passive isolation capacity -from my point of view- is insufficient to enjoy the details provided by audiophile-type headphones when using them outdoors; I prefer less able headphones with the noise floor lowered thanks to ANC. However, I have no experience with IEMs in noisy conditions.

Apr 9, 2024 at 9:20 AM Post #1,768 of 1,886
My comment refers exclusively to over ear headphones, since their passive isolation capacity -from my point of view- is insufficient to enjoy the details provided by audiophile-type headphones when using them outdoors; I prefer less able headphones with the noise floor lowered thanks to ANC. However, I have no experience with IEMs in noisy conditions.
Totally agree with this. If you have exceptional gear, you need to be in an environment that you can fully appreciate the quality. When you’re outside walking around, the Sony or Momentum are totally fine. I even find the Bathys too geeky to be outside with.

Apr 9, 2024 at 10:33 AM Post #1,770 of 1,886
I don't agree; it really depends on where you live or where you want to use it. In my case, I take long walks in places without too many people, like parks, forests, or near the beach. The passive isolation provided by a good pair of headphones is more than enough, and you don't need active noise cancellation (ANC). Obviously, in the city center or on a plane, ANC will be better. However, I can imagine many situations where a good passive closed-back headphone is more than sufficient.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back