Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:51 AM Post #1,771 of 1,883
I don't agree either. It really depend on how do you use your headphone outside. If you are a frequent traveller and have frequent meetings, of course BT ANC headphones would work better. However, I use headphones outside most for commute and walk around at the park. It is not loud enough like on a flight. Passive seal is more than enough. Sound is my priority as well, therefore a wired closed back works the best. There is just not enough options for wired passive closed backs on the street because technology is getting better. IEMs are so small, seal well, sound so good that they almost eat the whole wired portable headphone market. Passive closed headphones are focusing more on sound quality on hi end market so that size is not a huge concern. But again in a hi end market, people tend to listen to their headphones at home. Open backs are growing popular because they sound even better. Which squeeze the closed back market even more.

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2024 at 10:59 AM Post #1,772 of 1,883
I don't agree; it really depends on where you live or where you want to use it. In my case, I take long walks in places without too many people, like parks, forests, or near the beach. The passive isolation provided by a good pair of headphones is more than enough, and you don't need active noise cancellation (ANC). Obviously, in the city center or on a plane, ANC will be better. However, I can imagine many situations where a good passive closed-back headphone is more than sufficient.
Yes many.

Apr 9, 2024 at 11:00 AM Post #1,773 of 1,883
I don't agree either. It really depend on how do you use your headphone outside. If you are a frequent traveller and have frequent meetings, of course BT ANC headphones would work better. However, I use headphones outside most for commute and walk around at the park. It is not loud enough like on a flight. Passive seal is more than enough. Sound is my priority as well, therefore a wired closed back works the best. There is just not enough options for wired passive closed backs on the street because technology is getting better. IEMs are so small, sound so good that they almost eat the whole wired portable headphone market.
Your saying what I'm saying , this is good. Agree to agree then 😊

Apr 10, 2024 at 3:38 PM Post #1,776 of 1,883
I heard the E3 at CanJam NYC.... Had to get one. My E3 will arrive on Tuesday. Can't wait.

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:52 PM Post #1,780 of 1,883
If you need an amp that will give E3 all the power it needs, Schiit has the Ragnarok 2 for sale for $999. Crazy price for that much power. I use mine to drive speakers, E3, HE6, Susvara... really everything but IEMs or super sensitive headphones. For example B&O H6 gets a lot of noise.

Apr 12, 2024 at 2:56 PM Post #1,781 of 1,883
If you need an amp that will give E3 all the power it needs, Schiit has the Ragnarok 2 for sale for $999. Crazy price for that much power. I use mine to drive speakers, E3, HE6, Susvara... really everything but IEMs or super sensitive headphones. For example B&O H6 gets a lot of noise.
It is super tempting but no sub out for speakers + sub. It could be an all in one audio setup. Otherwise the magni unity at $190 run the e3 perfectly as well.

Apr 12, 2024 at 3:35 PM Post #1,783 of 1,883
It is super tempting but no sub out for speakers + sub. It could be an all in one audio setup. Otherwise the magni unity at $190 run the e3 perfectly as well.
Yeah, you can still run subs, but they will need have a speaker level input to take the output from the speaker taps. One thing you don't get that way is a crossover removing the low frequency from your mains. I'm running a pair of LS50 Meta with a pair of Rythmik F12s with speaker level input. Works great.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back