Dan Clark Audio E3 Review: Interview, Measurements, Impressions
Apr 14, 2024 at 4:01 PM Post #1,801 of 1,883
How loud can it get before it starts to fall apart and distort? If you can approximate dB, or any other reference you can think of. My amp sounds FANTASTIC until I try to push it beyond about 75dB. A v222 would be an economical solution, as some of the other suggestions are a bit out of my price range (appreciate them all though!)
FLUX AUDIO FA-10 is only $750 and works just amazingly. You'll need a DAC tho. A used Woo WA-11 would be a great budget option and is portable.

Apr 14, 2024 at 4:42 PM Post #1,803 of 1,883
This was a great headphone to hear at Canjam. Definitely on my list of purchases in the future. Following to catch up with everyone's impressions

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:21 PM Post #1,804 of 1,883
Has anyone tried pairing the E3 with a Violectric amp?
Yup. Niimbus US5, V590 Pro, V281, V222 - all working like a charm!

Apr 14, 2024 at 5:55 PM Post #1,805 of 1,883
How loud can it get before it starts to fall apart and distort? If you can approximate dB, or any other reference you can think of. My amp sounds FANTASTIC until I try to push it beyond about 75dB. A v222 would be an economical solution, as some of the other suggestions are a bit out of my price range (appreciate them all though!)
I got it plenty loud, around 90 dB i guess... no distortion or anything sketchy.
If you don't know, the same guys behind Violectric and Niimbus is also Lake People. I think you should check out Lake People G111 MKII. If I decide to buy the E3 I will go with that amp, and Mojo 2 as my DAC

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:31 PM Post #1,806 of 1,883
I got it plenty loud, around 90 dB i guess... no distortion or anything sketchy.
If you don't know, the same guys behind Violectric and Niimbus is also Lake People. I think you should check out Lake People G111 MKII. If I decide to buy the E3 I will go with that amp, and Mojo 2 as my DAC
There's also the G108 by Lake People, though I don't know how it compares to the G111 sound wise. Most likely little to no difference, if I had to guess.

Apr 14, 2024 at 6:54 PM Post #1,807 of 1,883
There's also the G108 by Lake People, though I don't know how it compares to the G111 sound wise. Most likely little to no difference, if I had to guess.
There is differences between the two. G111 is discrete and single ended, G108 is op-amp based and is fully balanced in/out. And also, something I like, is that the G111 is less smooth than what the Violectric's are known for.

Apr 15, 2024 at 1:55 AM Post #1,809 of 1,883
Go with a Topping A90/D90 stack, it's just perfect.

At least for an A90D I can vouch. Together with my RME ADI-2 FS DAC it is a really good combo and drives the E3 very well.

Much better than my Corda Classic-ff, that I tried via a Hifiman XLR-to-6.3mm-adapter. But I suspect the adapter being the culprit here, as the plug got very hot after just a few minutes. And the Classic's 7.5W should be more than enough. But further testing will have to wait until my 6.3mm cable will arrive, hopefully within the next two weeks.

Apr 15, 2024 at 4:38 AM Post #1,810 of 1,883
I fell off my chair after my jaw dropped and found cleaning up after myself 🤣

Seriously, the E3 on the CFA3 was god tier. The grip, control and authority the pairing displayed was like watching an intense dance of tango performed vigorously or in short.. it left me speechless and reaching for my wallet 😅

IMG_0886.jpeg

IMG_0887.jpeg

Apr 16, 2024 at 9:24 AM Post #1,813 of 1,883
I fell off my chair after my jaw dropped and found cleaning up after myself 🤣

Seriously, the E3 on the CFA3 was god tier. The grip, control and authority the pairing displayed was like watching an intense dance of tango performed vigorously or in short.. it left me speechless and reaching for my wallet 😅
I would love to do a comparison of this to a Ragnarok. Or maybe I wouldn't.

Apr 16, 2024 at 3:52 PM Post #1,815 of 1,883
I am seriously considering the E3. I have the Noire and it is a great closed back. Very excited at the prospect of an improvement on it. One thing that gives me pause is the self adjusting headband. I have never found one that I liked. Could just be my head but I always prefer manually adjustable headband.

@mrspeakers would the Aeon headband fit the

Users who are viewing this thread

Back